so? is there any progress?

22 replies to this topic

#16 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 783 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

Checking the Readme, am I right to assume that this component from another mod is already covered by NPC Strongholds?:

This is not something NPC Strongholds does, no, but it shouldn't be incompatible.

Kish, are both Oversight and NPC Stronholds compatible with BG2:EE, or if not do you planned them to be?

I really like to try them out some time, but I mostly play EE these days.

Unfortunately, I couldn't test them on EE, because I don't have it or plan to. I believe the only problems should be cosmetic (items which list who can use them twice, new journal entries maybe being disorganized). If you find any more significant problems, let me know and I'll fix them if I can do so while effectively working blind.

"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Miles Vorkosigan

"The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real."
--Aral Vorkosigan

#17 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 783 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:59 AM

CamDawg updated the mod (thanks, CamDawg). It's now completely EE-compatible (no repetitive item descriptions or disorganized journal entries).

Edited by Kish, 28 March 2015 - 09:39 AM.

--Miles Vorkosigan

"The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real."
--Aral Vorkosigan

#18 ithildurnew

ithildurnew
  • Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:03 AM

Eager to try out this mod, as it seems a much better in character way to explore all the various stronghold related content in the game (I've yet to see many of the strongholds even after over a decade of playing this game)!

One question: any suggestions on install order? I'd guess that it should be a late install, maybe near BG2Tweakpack since that mod has stronghold related components that seems to function without problems (without installing that component obviously)?

Edited by ithildurnew, 01 November 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#19 Rednard

Rednard
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:15 AM

Great work on the mod, been enjoying it immensely so far!

- Elijid

#20 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 783 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:44 PM

Eager to try out this mod, as it seems a much better in character way to explore all the various stronghold related content in the game (I've yet to see many of the strongholds even after over a decade of playing this game)!

One question: any suggestions on install order? I'd guess that it should be a late install, maybe near BG2Tweakpack since that mod has stronghold related components that seems to function without problems (without installing that component obviously)?

As long as they're all WeiDU mods it shouldn't matter; if they try to change the same things then whichever you install later will take precedence, but I can't think of any undocumented conflicts.

Great work on the mod, been enjoying it immensely so far!

Thanks! I'm glad to hear it.

--Miles Vorkosigan

--Aral Vorkosigan

#21 Cahir

Cahir
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:22 AM

Kish, did CamDawg update only NPC strongholds for EE or Oversight too?
Then they summoned me over to join in with them
To the dance of the dead
Into the circle of fire I followed them
Into the middle I was led

#22 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 783 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

Just NPC Strongholds, for now.

Edited by Kish, 23 January 2015 - 12:26 PM.

--Miles Vorkosigan

--Aral Vorkosigan

#23 mshenko88

mshenko88
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

This is blade7.. after 10 years.. lol.. so a week was too optimistic yea.. very very surprising to see you have finished and released the mod. Well well done. I haven't played the new enhanced editions, will try to play the new EET (enhanced trilogy mod) with all the new content and especially this mod.

I don't like new mods that add to much new unconnected content or new npcs, prefer mods that expand on vanila content so am really excited about this mod (just like I was 10 years ago... :)) and this is definitely a huge trigger to play a new run after many years.

Thank you and well done kish

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users