Friendly Random Drops Merchant disappeared

KartoffelStew

Ah, sorry to be a bother, I also noticed this problem now that I installed the Tweak Pack midway through my Icewind Dale game and tried adding the friendly merchant into it. I see you've got it fixed a while ago, any chance of a release of the fix soon? If not, I'll just use one of the two other options for my current game. But I do think the merchant is the best of the three, since it makes you pay a bit for the exchange and doesn't break the illusion of continuous gameplay with meta stuff.

Other than that, thanks for the Tweak Pack. I'm sure I'll find some of the components (like stackable arrows and bolts) very useful.

This thread actually gave me the idea for the workaround I used, that cheat console. Since there are two friendly merchants, I just used the console to teleport my party from Kuldahar to Lonelywood to trade random drop stuff, then back. If you go to Lonelywood the normal way, with Hjollder, you can't get back without cheating, and the game interprets that you've started the expansion. But if you just teleport there (console command GETYOURCHEATON:MoveToArea("AR9100")), just find the merchant in the center of the area and trade, then teleport back to Kuldahar (AR2100), you stay in the main game.

There are a few minor bugs with the friendly merchant mod, mainly because of the problem of what to do with random drops that include items that also show up as static drops later in the game. Most of these seem to be included in the friendly merchants' trading alternatives, but some are not. For example, in the Severed Hand I got a Long Bow of Marksmanship but after I'd played through that chapter I read the walkthrough on it and decided I wanted the Long Bow of Action +2 instead. The merchant, however, didn't recognize my Long Bow of Marksmanship (they also exist as static drops later in the game). So I used Dale Keeper to subtract 1000 gold and change my bow. After that, the merchant offered Composite Long Bow of the Hand as an alternative for it but not the Marksmanship bow.

Anyways, I've now finished Icewind Dale, Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster, and I had fun playing. Thank you for all these mods, all the fixes are appreciated. The friendly merchant mod allowed me to explore and get all the best gear in a way that did not disrupt the flow of my adventuring (I played in insane difficulty and tried to experience everything in the game, including the most interesting gear, in one playthrough). The convenience mods (stackable arrows, bags of holding etc.) were a great help with inventory management. And the Voice of Durdel Anatha quest in the Unfinished Business mod was simply excellent, I'm very grateful for that especially.

Oh, there was a minor bug with that Voice quest too. I had finished that quest and claimed my rewards, and just before I left Lower Dorn's Deep, I decided it was time for Nym to meet Pale Justice. When I picked a fight with him and he dimension-doored away, the bell tolled. I killed him, but after that, if I talked to Brother Harken, the Voice appeared. This bug is rather irrelevant though, since, first, most player probably don't kill Nym, and second, there's no reason to chat with Harken at that point.

So, thanks. I'll surely install more of your mods if I play any Infinity Engine games in the future.

Hy there!

I have a problem with friendly random drops mod. I used it so far with the install option "Randomize on reload" with no issues. Today I wanted to try the 2nd option "Choose your drop" (with started a new game), so I run the installer setup-g3daletweaks.exe, skipped everything else, and at FRD I typed in 2 and hit enter, and it returned the following error:

FRD_error.jpg

I have installed other mods, but I did it in the suggested order, so the G3 Iwd tweaks was installed as the one before the last (Widescreen mod), and everything has worked fine so far.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

no idea where that file should be from, but you can fake it by making an empty file in override/ and retrying.

I don't think that's such a good idea as the file is likely to be involved with the actuation of the mod.

@beyczy: What version of the game do you have, aka does it have the v1.42 update ? Aka the Trials of the Loremaster or something to that effect, cause the .cre file could be from there !

no idea where that file should be from, but you can fake it by making an empty file in override/ and retrying.

I don't think that's such a good idea as the file is likely to be involved with the actuation of the mod.

@beyczy: What version of the game do you have, aka does it have the v1.42 update ? Aka the Trials of the Loremaster or something to that effect, cause the .cre file could be from there !

I have IWD + HOW + Trials of the Luremaster installed. Meanwhile I have found another thread about the problem, without any solution.

It says:

Can anybody install that new tweak? I'm getting some bullshit about a missing "cdyucham.cre".

EDIT: It seems to have something to do with the Restored Random Drops component from the Unfinished Business mod.

I will try uninstall Unfinished Business's Random Drop component, and try it out that way.

Archived