Questions About Two Spells

What kind of damage does black blade of disaster do? I'm under the impression it's slashing damage. Is this correct?

Also, the disintegrate spell, as well as the disintegrate effect of black blade of disaster, now do magic damage instead of killing creatures outright. Can this magic damage affect enemies like Melissan that are immune to disintegration?

Thanks so much for your help.

What kind of damage does black blade of disaster do? I'm under the impression it's slashing damage. Is this correct?

Yes, the blade does slashing, but it has an effect that disintegrates... items(non magical).

The spell is disintegrate or do nothing. So Melissa etc can't die to it, as there technically is no Magic only type damage in the game. There's Magic Fire and Magic Ice etc types, but those don't work in the vanilla ... and in EE, they are rarer than things as most items don't provide protection..

Jarno... huh?

I don't know about BBoD, but I think SR Disintegrate does disintegration on a failed save, and damage on a made save.

I haven't played through ToB in many years so I don't know what resistances Melissan has. But sure the damage should affect her as long as she's not immune to magic damage.

Jarno magic damage is damage type 64, I believe...