Sensible entrance points, new for v12

Well, actually, I can confirm this bug. It apparently happens if AREA090A.BIF has not been cached (and decompressed) before you install Sensible Encounters.

Delete your cache directory, install Sensible Entrances, create a new game and save in the Promenade -> Crash on entering the NORH

Uninstall Sensible Entrances, reload from the Promenade -> No crash (unflipped TIS)

Reinstall Sensible Entrances, reload from the Promenade -> No crash (flipped TIS)

Make your cache directory unavailable to the game, reload from the Promenade -> Crash

Delete the new cache dir and make the old one available again, reload -> No crash

Edited by Wisp

It looks like it's enough to simply decompress the relevant biff in cdX/data. Unfortunately, there's no way to do this with existing WeiDU functionality on a 32-bit platform. If you don't mind waiting a while and shipping a WeiDU beta, I can most likely write something that could do this reasonably smoothly. For a Windows-only solution, there's a tool called CBF2BIF posted over at SHS. I haven't tested it, but it should be able to do this.

Well, damn. I was hoping the decidedly low-tech solution of biffing the new ar0903 resources would work, but I guess we'll wait for a new WeiDU.

Workaround for players at the moment: at any point before installing Sensible Entrance Points, go visit NORH (ar0903) in a game first. Then install the component. Tutu and BGEE players won't have any problems with this component.

Workaround for players at the moment: at any point before installing Sensible Entrance Points, go visit NORH (ar0903) in a game first. Then install the component. Tutu and BGEE players won't have any problems with this component.

No, that doesn't do the trick. I tried it out and I had doors and containers in the middle of nowhere, displayed only when I press TAB but usable. This component doesn't seem to work properly at the moment. :(

Thank you, that's so nice of you! Bjornin encounter takes place in AR0903, and the PC has to be a good or neutral female with a reputation of 15 or higher.

I've uploaded the beta on PPG and will PM you the link in a moment.

One question: Cam's code for RE doesn't require me to use Weidu beta for RE, correct? v231 is enough?

So, I got a moment between mods, and tested it myself - it worked perfectly, the cutscene worked, and the characters moved. Thank you both very much for the code.

(Although I thought BG2Tweaks would be using the beta for some reason, but it wasn't. Never mind).

Not RE-related: after the entrance changed, Sir Ryan Trawl is still looking towards the stables. Maybe it's worth it to move him to the hall, facing the beautiful new main entrance?

I'm also totally voting for an ExploreAllAreas, or at least ExploreAllIndoorsCityAreas tweak.

I put this at the end of the main setup-ajantis.tp2 (after installation of all game-related files, before the portrait choice), and it did not change Ajantis' coordinates in the AR0903.bcs. They were still at [1730.400].

EDIT: This was for install order Tweak pack first, Ajantis last.

Since i get a CTD for entering the rotated NORH and have too many sensible mods installed for using your fix, I would appreciate someone could text this and tell me what is not working. I'll happily giva link to the modbeta.

/* detection of Tweakpack turned NORH-building */
// ajantis compat code for flipped NORH
ACTION_IF ((MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ ~3220~) OR
			   (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~oh6000.are~)) THEN BEGIN
 COPY_EXISTING ~ar0903.bcs~ ~override~
	DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH BEGIN
	  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~CreateCreature("C#KNIG05",\[820\.1500\],8)~				 ~CreateCreature("C#KNIG05",[1548.1500],8)~
	  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~CreateCreature("C#Ajan\([01][0-9]\)",[1730.400],0)~ ~CreateCreature("C#Ajan\1",[638.400],8)~
	  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~CreateCreature("C#KNIG07",\[500\.410\],8)~		   ~CreateCreature("C#KNIG07",[1868.410],8)~
	END

<<<<<<<< .../ajantis/inlined/dammit_cam.d
 REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT_REGEXP ~c#ajan[jp]?~ ~EscapeAreaMove("AR0903",1730,\([0-9]+\),0)~ ~EscapeAreaMove("AR0903",638,\1,0)~
 >>>>>>>>
 COMPILE ~.../ajantis/inlined/dammit_cam.d~
END

Edited by jastey

Since i get a CTD for entering the rotated NORH and have too many sensible mods installed for using your fix, I would appreciate someone could text this and tell me what is not working. I'll happily giva link to the modbeta.

Sure, I can have a look. Same time line: tomorrow or during the weekend.