Aerie, the PC, and tiefling love

Eyreequel

Well, I like both Haer'Dalis and Aerie as well, and I am so far quite successful at living. If anything, I would not mind at all to role-play a situation when Aerie is my friend and we are both falling for the same guy, where I would chose to step aside for her or for example we can both agree to give up on Haer'Dalis to keep our woman's friendship.... After all, I can romance plenty of characters, but which one gives me a chance to experience something other than a romance and some bickering?

I would welcome very much if Aerie will have a nice bit of talks with Charname added to make the triangle something more interesting than a mere three sentence romance conflict. I agree with The ? that selling both her and Haer'Dalis short is a poor option.

I don't see what the problem is. If anyone can't stand Aerie, they can simply exclude her from the party. No more competition over the bard. Same goes for other NPCs that offend. And if you find yourself short of a certain class, you can always play a multi-player game, making several PCs to fill the empty slots.

I like both Haer'Dalis and Aerie. I don't "love" Haer'Dalis, as he is a fictional character in a computer game.

Sheesh, sorry for you. :) Everybody has his right to look past the real and obvious, though I can't imagine how one can live with such attitude.

Hm. I'm sure I would have a snappy retort if I had any clue what you meant, because I think it was the opposite of what you said. The "real and obvious" is that HD is a computer game character, so I'm not looking past it.

*yaaaaawn* I meant exactly the opposite. Dalis is a real, sweet, wonderful being and you, instead of enjoying the company of him, Cernd, Edwin or anyone you prefer, hang in some illusionary, ugly and dreadful place called yer "reality", full of plump and unfriendly humans. Buuurp. Well, what can I say to such interlocutors - "I'm sorry, you feel that way, old man" © *stalks away to her perfect home in the sity of Baldur's Gate*

oww break off you all,  look at youlself you are arguing about noting and making the OFF TOP, if you want to mixing thing up, start for thise another topic

You're right, it's off topic.

This isn't off-topic though: I'm with Domi, I'd like to see a deeper friendship with Aerie, and see how it develops when Haer'Dalis is interested in both her and the PC. What happens if Aerie and Haer'Dalis have a relationship, which of course Aerie breaks off? The PC has then seen how he treated her friend, which should shape how she sees him.

Hmmm, but most of Dalis-Aerie talks are initiated by himself. If he likes the PC as well, I don't think he'll act so silly to flirt with two women at the same time, it just makes no sense. Try your "reality" "Kania" is your best friend, you go with her to the concert and meet a totally amazing man. He seems to like you both. What to do? If you adore this blasted "Kania", you just step aside (I can't believe such can happen though). Or you are just no more friends and you try to draw his attention to yourself and EAT her. I doubt one can just sit and enjoy a such uncertain situation.

Hmmm, but most of Dalis-Aerie talks are initiated by himself. If he likes the PC as well, I don't think he'll act so silly to flirt with two women at the same time, it just makes no sense.

You really do have no understanding of how the real world works at all. Yes, men will flirt with two women, and yes it is possible for two women to compete with one another and still be friends.

Darn, if you're from Turkey and have a harem or you're IN it, I surely (thanks to Bhaal!) have no understanding.  "Swedish familys" too. Back in Russia guys can be enough rude but normal and rivals of any sex don't live happily as long as they stand on somebody's way.

I think Domi will probably have something to say about the idea that women and men in Russia regularly murder their friends over flirtations. I know my grandfather would.

YES, men regularly flirt with two women at the same time. Women regularly flirt with two men at the same time. And it doesn't end in murder unless someone involved is literally clinically insane. It's just flirtation, it's not marriage. As for Haer'Dalis, he's the best candidate in the game for flirting with every attractive woman he sees. He's a chaotic neutral, highly charismatic BARD.

Archived