Big bug with renal and hendak?

Weirdest thing...

I went into the coppers coronet and told Hendak I wanted to sleep there today. Hendak asked me to go to his room, I said yes and we got teleported...

My my! Hendak wasnt there! It was RENAL! ...good enough, but it's a bug ;)

I didn't finish the Renal thing before because he kept telling me to "come back later and dont forget our little date", no matter how long I rested outside waiting (i rested for like 48hrs total), so I left it be and continued on with the game...

I guess you need to finish with Renal before telling Hendak that you want to rest in the coppers coronet?

Weird... ;)

EDIT: I had such a laugh! The Renal thing was finished and then we appear back to the coppers coronet and Hendak said he was thankful for what charname had given him... WAS HE PEEPING!??!?!?!?! Hahahah!

Oops! When you tell Renal to go find you, he'll look for you at an inn, not outside. Maybe we should take the Copper Coronet off the list of Renal's haunts?

Edit: and Immortality, Hendak doesn't really go to the PC's room. The sex is implied. So actually, everything in your game worked exactly as it should. Unbeknownst to you, you have just indulged in a threesome! ;)

Edit: and Immortality, Hendak doesn't really go to the PC's room. The sex is implied. So actually, everything in your game worked exactly as it should. Unbeknownst to you, you have just indulged in a threesome! ;)

... YAY! ;)

Okay, now i understand how it was supposed to go. I was afraid i had missed some Hendak action hahah. ;)

Thanks a lot :D

I strongly vote for an RE-internal timer, that prevents all kind of folks disturbing poor Hendak when he finally gets his loving, dammit!

Yeah, it'll probably take ages for the folks to integrate an all-around rest timer into the Crossmod or wherever. I'll add it to v2 list.

(Yes, everything happens just as it's supposed to happen - it's, erm, the downside of being... sexually active).

You know, I had half considered writing a component for a pair of guys that happen to meet <CHARNAME>... the kind of guys who aren't all that shy about sharing... but I decided that might be a bit too far over the top, even for me. Besides, my imagination failed me.

With all of the encounters, there's at least the suggestion of a plot. With that one, it would just be "parts is parts," and it wouldn't really be appropriate.

(Yes, everything happens just as it's supposed to happen - it's, erm, the downside of being... sexually active).

Hahah, yes, kill the messenger ;) I'm just giving a hand by testing! ...yes! hahah.

Speaking of jealousy and people fighting over CHARNAME... aww... there's a lot of decisions to make already, I think NPCs shouldn't complain. I'm very glad that the romance mod NPCs don't complain because, truthfully, I can't play bg 819731937193 times for all the mods and options I could take ? ;) (Meaning: Kulyok, jastey and romance mod modders: plz dont be adding a "My NPC is jealous of RE people" component in your next versions ;) )

Berelinde: I dont know if you have that idea for encounters or for a whole new mod but... its extra cool and very original, hahah, I'd play it! :D

We'll add an extra timer, so, yes, we'll do our best to make RE events separate in the next version. However, if you are, for example, running several romances/NPC mods in a row and they all have dream talks like that, there's not much we RE people can do.

As for the reactions - Anomen has got complains, if you install his dialogues; berelinde has got a suggestion to add more, if you have had several 'obvious' encounters, so wriggling out of it takes an effort. The latest version of Xan has reactions, too - and yes, every NPC modder is welcome to write reactions for RE according to their NPC's personality, as stated in the readme.

But doesnt it kinda kill purpose the mod if you have to choose between the romance and the encounters? That would signify a lot of reloading after the encounter so <NPC name> doesnt bitch at Charname, right?

Could you make that as a separate component so we can choose whether the NPC of the romance mod should complain or not?

Thx!

... and even if you install all components, you still have a chance to have both the encounters and the romance.

Each NPC has their own buttons: Kelsey doesn't like working for vampires, Xan would cling and wouldn't part with the PC in the bonded path, Sewage Golem Romance may end if you try to force him to accept the Bard Stronghold, and so on. But, as jastey said, here in RE we've done the best we can to let you customize your playing experience.

(We have overindulged the PC success-wise, though. I have some evil plans for new content for v2 to remedy this somewhat).

But doesnt it kinda kill purpose the mod if you have to choose between the romance and the encounters? That would signify a lot of reloading after the encounter so <NPC name> doesnt bitch at Charname, right?

Could you make that as a separate component so we can choose whether the NPC of the romance mod should complain or not?

Thx!

With the existing romance reactions, all of them, you never have to choose between any non-joinable NPC and your romance interest.

For some of them, it does involve a bit of dishonesty, for others, especially Gaelan, Desharik, and Talak, where the PC is pressured heavily to have sex with them, you can be completely truthful to Anomen without ending the romance. For those, as long as you don't tell Anomen that you asked for it on purpose, and that you had the time of your life, you'll be fine.

With Laran, you can be truthful to Anomen after both encounters without ending the romance. I felt that since the men involved were a paladin and the priest of a god who values honesty above many other traits, rewarding truthfulness was more important than letting Anomen fly into a jealous rage. After all, not only are you not married to him, you're also not even officially engaged until ToB.

The cumulative reaction I'm doing for Anomen will be similar. You need not lose Anomen over past indiscretions, even then, although it will be a little harder to convince him of your sincerity after sleeping with 6 men than it was after 3.

When I finally get to writing the romance for Gavin, he won't dump the PC for being honest, either. Let him who is without sin, and all...

Archived