Changing NPC portraits - bit sizes

Rebel396

Once again its me, still trying to change my NPC portriats. I did all the things people suggested in my last post and I think I am close to having something work. However even after I ensured all pictures were the correct size, named properly and put in my override directory all I get is a black picture with the outline of a head. Now I was wondering someone told me that the large and the epilouge portraits have to be 24 bit and that the small pic must be 8 bit. If this is true I have a major problem, which is that I am using adobe photo shop 7 and the only options it gives me for saving photos is 16, 24 and 32 bit. Does anyone know how or if I can save these images in 8 bit using adobe photo 7 or if 8 bit is actually what I need? Sorry this message is so long but I am confused and could really use some guidance/help! Thanks again everyone for all your help! Rebel

24 bit should be fine for both portraits. Did you use 'N' before the filename? Is the filename 8 characters or less? Is the filename in all upper case letters? I ask this because in the old file naming convention, case was sometimes a factor. Does the file name end in L, S, or M? I'm sure you've thought of all this, but it never hurts to ask.

Archived