Baldur's Gate Graphics Overhaul for EET

The horizontal lines between tiles is a known problem with TIS files in the old palette-based format.

In the old engine, there's also other horizontal lines... including in the menu GUI, if you adjust computers graphical settings "incorrectly". If for example you have your GPU's control set to 3D quality instead of performance, in the NVidia control panel.

Yeah, it's most likely related to how textures are placed on the screen (maybe a rounding issue or some driver-specific optimizations). But that has to be fixed directly in the game engine by Beamdog.

Is there something that can be done with the various tools that NI has to offer, or do you need to have the original source material for the areas?

The tool tile2ee can be used to convert TIS and MOS files between the old and new format. I would recommend it to every modder who installs new tilesets in EE games. The package also contains a WeiDU library which takes care of the details in a platform-independent way.

It's difficult to fix already installed TIS files as WeiDU can only process game resources up to 16M size. BGGO contains many tilesets which exceed the size limit. Furthermore, since BGGO already biffs all the TIS files you can't even use COPY_LARGE to access them from the override folder.

The horizontal lines between tiles is a known problem with TIS files in the old palette-based format. You can see a good example in this bug report.

That is very interesting. Presumably it's not directly related to the graphics overhaul or EET then (though the graphics overhaul also generates graphical glitches with many closed doors, like its BGT predecessor). I haven't run into any other mods or areas that generate the horizontal lines so far though - if they appeared on only one or two maps that would probably be acceptable - but with the graphics overhaul installed they suddenly popped up in most or all of the BG1 areas, which is a little too distracting for me. I'll see if any maps still seem affected without the mod.

Edited by Shin

... BGGO contains many tilesets which exceed the (weidu) size limit. Furthermore, since BGGO already biffs all the TIS files you can't even use COPY_LARGE to access them from the override folder.

Yeah, but... you know you can just extract the files from the .bif's if you really want to do that. To get the prototype files...

And we are in BGGO forum, so editing it's code/files won't be a problem if we really want to do that, for example so that the edits are done before the biffing, ones the conceptual/prototype work is OK. Of course the file size limit will them come to bites us, but that can be over come with manual file edits/overwrites in the mods archives... if I understood this mods workings correctly.

I also have these horizontal lines (first mod installed on EET after initializing EET on a modded BG1EE (with new areas)).

There is also something strange happening with a few tiles visible as I pan the view; they seem to get swapped out with other tiles really fast, which makes them flicker.

Is there a workaround, or do I need to hold off installing this mod until the matter is resolved? (if the problem only affects BG1 areas, can I get this mod to leave those areas alone?)

I also have these horizontal lines (first mod installed on EET after initializing EET on a modded BG1EE (with new areas)).

There is also something strange happening with a few tiles visible as I pan the view; they seem to get swapped out with other tiles really fast, which makes them flicker.

Is there a workaround, or do I need to hold off installing this mod until the matter is resolved? (if the problem only affects BG1 areas, can I get this mod to leave those areas alone?)

already answered before. White Agnus is currently missing in action, so the mod is not updated with PVRZ files. And Beamdog will probably fix the problem at some point since it's an engine issue that affects tons of mods. It's not related to EET.

[...] horizontal lines [...] Is there a workaround [...]? [...]

already answered before. [...]

My impression reading argent77's post was that tile2ee was a tool for mod developers to port their mod to EE. How straightforward is the tool to use? Could I simply write a script that traverses a mod's directory structure and replaces TIS and MOS files in the old format with files in the new format? Or would the mod itself need to be modified as well?

What happens if I install the graphics overhaul on a fresh BG2EE before running SETUP-EET.exe? (I am hoping this will give me the benefits of the graphics overhaul in the BG2 portion of EET without destroying the graphics of the BG1 portion of EET).

EDIT: I just tried this; the graphics overhaul checks if you're installing it on EET, and does nothing if you haven't initialized EET.

Edited by willardthor

Not sure if this is the right place, but do I rightly assume you guys were refering to this bug?

https://youtu.be/0nWs-_9dCUI

Or is it just my installation that is broken? I've wasted a lot of time trying to fix it, but so far I have no strength to do a complete reinstall today (maybe tomorrow).

But is it BGGO issue or EET or EE in general? Just no idea what to do next at this point :p

I have lines, I have texture swaps, I have black squares near closed doors (to the tavern, also one below, I believe barracks).

Inside of the tavern seemed to be fine though. Never explored any more areas as I wanted to get the game fixed before I play.

I used Big World to install the standard EE mod package plus I've added BGGO in it (even though it had a red checkmark)

Edited by Crusader_bin

Ah, thanks for letting me know. It is a shame, but indeed, I uninstalled it and everything looks pretty great.

I only uninstalled this mod and at first glance it looks like nothing was broken. Amazing.

It would also be nice if it was more clear that it currently doesn't work. I mean, Big World does highlight it I guess, but I didn't see anything about it in the forums.

Is there any place I can reliably look for the info about updates of the mod and it's stability?