Does anyone know the current status of the BWS?

Ser Elryk

Thanks Roxanne.

But i dont see any commit in BWFixpack about Adalon's Blood. Is it not necessary to remove it there?

The mod author should do that, yes. Or are you able? In BWS you will just have to skip the fixpack when it comes up to tell you about a new version. (Yes, it is a bit cumbersome at the moment without having some master maintainer for the whole.)

It's now removed in hope of not having broken anything, seems to me all is included in the new mod version.

I am playing around a bit with BWS.
When i see something like this in the "Big World Download Debug.txt" file:
WhiteQueen[] = FB = NA

isnf[] = FB = NA

bg1npc[] = FB = NA

What does it mean? No link available or some problems during download process?

Sorry for asking

(I'm still not allowed to post in Sandrahs Forum)

Roxanne, can you please give me/us some hints for Shauana ? (Spoiler alert !)

There are a lot of hints for the BG1 part, but none for BG2....

In the slum area near Jan's house you meet the blind orc again (you may have met in BG1 in a house near the Iron Throne). He mentions the Stormhorns. Sandrah gives yu a hint to Nib Jansen on the promenade. Nib gives you a scroll..When you decide to travel there, you will find more..

so is bws still being worked upon, or is it forgotten?

The last update was made yesterday.

Do you think there's any good chance of someone (or someones) resurrecting it after IWD-in-EET is released?

Do you have any trouble using BWS (aside from SCS)?

All the announcements about IWD-in-EET suggest that IWD will be added as another mod to EET. If this is the case, the BWS should be able to handle it like any other new mod. The EET does the job, not the BWS. Probably BWS just needs to know about IWD being present in case there are other mods that require IWD to add to it.

Of course, this is theory and we will not know until more about IWD-in-EET is known.

If course, this is theory and we will not know until more about IWD-in-EET is known.

it's mod like any other

In this case BWS will only present IWD-in-EET for EET installs (similar to e.g. Sandrah Saga).

It will eventually create dependencies for any mods or mod components that require IWD-in-EET, e.g the IWD banter mod that is under construction.

That is current BWS functionality.

Do you think there's any good chance of someone (or someones) resurrecting it after IWD-in-EET is released?

I think I might have just misunderstood you. When you said "the last update was made yesterday" I thought you meant "last" as in "the last one ever, and it's now officially retired." Did you mean "last" just as in the "most recent?"

My latest install (using BWS) had no problems. These problems I hear about SCS, are they only related to the A.I.-related components? Because I selected the Recommended tweaks components of SCS, but not the A.I. ones and it seemed to install fine.

Unrelated question: Would you recommend against installing DSotSC, NTotSC, and The Darkest Day for a first-time complete playthrough? Or do they change so many things that it would be better to just wait for a second playthrough? Right now I don't have them installed, but I'm worried that by the time I finish my first playthrough that BWS will no longer be supported or function.

I think I might have just misunderstood you. When you said "the last update was made yesterday" I thought you meant "last" as in "the last one ever, and it's now officially retired." Did you mean "last" just as in the "most recent?"

My latest install (using BWS) had no problems. These problems I hear about SCS, are they only related to the A.I.-related components? Because I selected the Recommended tweaks components of SCS, but not the A.I. ones and it seemed to install fine.

Unrelated question: Would you recommend against installing DSotSC, NTotSC, and The Darkest Day for a first-time complete playthrough? Or do they change so many things that it would be better to just wait for a second playthrough? Right now I don't have them installed, but I'm worried that by the time I finish my first playthrough that BWS will no longer be supported or function.

What about installing the big mods and deciding in game whether you follow their threads? There is nothing that forces you to do any quest or visit any area from these mods. Unlike e.g Dark Horizons which places some assasins on your main road through the game, everything in the three mods you mention is optional. You can have them installed and never see much about them - you see the quest givers but you can say just no and nothing will happen.

About SCS, I have no problem with it, I normally pause my BWS for it and install manually. More than that I cannot say about it.

And - the most recent update to BWS was done two days ago adding Yoshimo romance and the Vault to EET.

Archived