Tweaks Anthology v3 Released

What Tweaks tries to do in those two components is adjust every dialogue and script that takes the (now stackable) gems and scrolls, If it doesn't, some times you can get burned because someone who used to take one gem would now take an entire stack, e.g. the Twisted Rune door can eat a stack of Rogue Stones instead of just one. However, to accomplish that it has to go through and decompile-check-recompile a lot of files--what you're seeing there are a mess of minor syntax errors that were already present in the files checked. I've tried to narrow down the number of file checks, but it can still register an alarming amount of warnings, I know.

Is this game Fixpacked, by chance? The very first warning about Aerie is fixed by BG2 Fixpack, for example, and I suspect most of the others are as well.

Is this game Fixpacked, by chance? The very first warning about Aerie is fixed by BG2 Fixpack, for example, and I suspect most of the others are as well.

Nope. It's the standard GOG install plus 1PP and a few tweaks from the anthology. Can I still apply the fix pack or did I mess up the order?

On second thought, I might play without it this time. I'm just starting to wrap my head around some of the mechanics and don't want to go changing them.

Edited by Torgo

Found a couple of issues when installing on non-EE games:

- BG1

Both Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking and Increase Scroll Stacking install with warnings, because in my version of the game (GoG latest) TakePartyItemNum is not in action.ids.

IESDP says that BG1 should have this action, but I have not yet gotten around to testing if this is actually true. (In my experience when it comes to BG1, IESDP is often incomplete or just plain wrong). Since this is also an issue in one of my own mods (in my item pack, to be specific), I'll go test it as soon as I have some spare time, probably this weekend.

- BG2

Commoners Use Drab Colors fails with an error, apparently the mod tries to access a cell in randcolr.2da that does not exist. Could be that BG2 without 1PP has less colors to choose from?

I also noticed that a wizard casting Lightning Bolt with the non-bouncing mod can occasionally hurt party members around them, even if they are nowhere near the path of the bolt. Is this the "Small fix for bouncing lightning bolts" I see in the git log?

Also, version number is wrong in setup-cdtweaks.tp2, but I see you already addressed that. ^^

attachicon.gifBG1-setup-cdtweaks.debug.gzattachicon.gifBG2-setup-cdtweaks.debug.gz

I've confirmed that TakePartyItemNum does not work on original BG/TotSC, so that's gone. Commoners Use Drab Colors is also fixed for BG2.

I've not been able to reproduce any wonkiness with lightning bolts, but if someone has a repro case I can get on it. The fix in Git was to fix a separate issue where it could break on certain items.

I've run into a couple of issues when installing CDTweaks v3 (my game is bgt, GoG version)

- Exotic Item Pack

It breaks in-game stores/inns - buying items still works, but when I try to buy drinks in Friendly Arm Inn, it just displays random gibberish. Opening .sto files in NI shows that every modified store has a minor corrupted entry

The problem seems to be in the block of code that adds scimitars:

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.sto$~ ~override~ // adds generic scimitars to stores that sell short swords if not present already

but it's a bit above my modding skills to find out where exactly

- Adjust Cromwell forging time (instant, 8 hours, 24 hours)

the installer skips this group without letting me choose anything - the first subcomponent 'instant forging' has REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~bg2ee eet~, and since my game is bgt, the installer just moves to the next group (even though the second and third subcomponent allows ~bgt~ engine)

many thanks to all authors of this great mod :thumbsup:

Exotic Items is fixed; essentially reversed a > for a fail to install on some Tutu games. I grabbed the new CPM libraries from BG1 NPC which should also improve stuff generally.

Cromwell's forging time will now be available for non-EE games. For multi-choice components like this, WeiDU suppresses the entire tree of choices if the first choice is not available on your game (in this case the first choice was BG2EE/EET-only), so a simple re-order fixed this.

Description update in Universal Club component is not using a .tra file, so it will be a little mess with Chinese language, since the .tp2 file is coding in UTF-8.

If it's OK that I add a PATCH_INCLUDE in the .tp2 file and corresponding .tph files in language folder?

Sure.

With level-locked spell scrolls, the code for level 6 or higher spells doesn't work correctly. Wizards don't get to use level 6 spell scrolls until they are level 13, one level after they gain a 6th level spell slot.

Normally I'd write a quick fix, but I'm on vacation at the moment. ;-)

I'm unable to reproduce this--checked on BGT (and a few others) and everything seems to get the correct level assigned.

A few other issues from around the forums--remove racial requirements for single classes was crashing on dwarven paladins, which is fixed. The Romance Cheat for Viconia successfully removed racial and/or gender requirements, but it would do it too late to set other critical romance variables so the romance would never actually proceed.

Also received an updated French translation from Isaya and a new component, Personalize automatic save names, from argent77.

I'm looking into one more IWDEE issue with Friendly Random Drops, but otherwise v4 is pretty close.

A few other issues from around the forums--remove racial requirements for single classes was crashing on dwarven paladins, which is fixed. The Romance Cheat for Viconia successfully removed racial and/or gender requirements, but it would do it too late to set other critical romance variables so the romance would never actually proceed.

Also received an updated French translation from Isaya and a new component, Personalize automatic save names, from argent77.

I'm looking into one more IWDEE issue with Friendly Random Drops, but otherwise v4 is pretty close.

And I've not been able to reproduce this bug either. What is eventually going to be v4 is sitting on GitHub at the moment.

Description update in Universal Club component is not using a .tra file, so it will be a little mess with Chinese language, since the .tp2 file is coding in UTF-8.

If it's OK that I add a PATCH_INCLUDE in the .tp2 file and corresponding .tph files in language folder?

Sure.

Actually, I've gone ahead and changed the macro--it now pulls in the regexp text it needs for matching from new strings in setup.tra.
CamDawg, it might not be the best moment to point that the way how 'cdtweaks.txt' is implemented has major flaw:

Steps to reproduce:

0. Download and extract cdtweaks 3

1. Edit cdtweaks\cdtweaks.txt and set desired options

2. Install cdtweaks 3

4. New version is released , download and extract cdtweaks 4 > cdtweaks\cdtweaks.txt will be overwriten to default one, it will happen every time when new version will be released

Possible way to fix:

- rename cdtweaks\cdtweaks.txt to cdtweaks\cdtweaks.disabled.txt

- change 'read setting logic' to always read from cdtweaks\cdtweaks.txt it it is present

If you could fix this before releasing v4, you will save yourself the trouble of receiving bug reports about 'my settings don'et work'

P.S I would also request to remove "OUTER_SET" from cdtweaks\cdtweaks.disabled.txt to match standard ".ini" file format which can be read via external programs
Edited by ALIENQuake

- rename cdtweaks\cdtweaks.txt to cdtweaks\cdtweaks.disabled.txt

- change 'read setting logic' to always read from cdtweaks\cdtweaks.txt it it is present

If you could fix this before releasing v4, you will save yourself the trouble of receiving bug reports about 'my settings don'et work'

I hadn't even considered this; thank you. I think I'll go with the simpler .disabled option.

P.S I would also request to remove "OUTER_SET" from cdtweaks\cdtweaks.disabled.txt to match standard ".ini" file format which can be read via external programs

This is my eventual goal, but I'm close enough to a v4 release that I don't want to hold it up to rework this. v4 is a mess of needed bug fixes that have already been delayed too long.

- Adjust Cromwell forging time (instant, 8 hours, 24 hours)

the installer skips this group without letting me choose anything - the first subcomponent 'instant forging' has REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~bg2ee eet~, and since my game is bgt, the installer just moves to the next group (even though the second and third subcomponent allows ~bgt~ engine)

About this, doesn't the optional BG2 Fixpack component "Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day" do the same thing?

Why the duplication here?