cannot install SCS v30 on BG1Tutu

chimaera

This is on a fresh, new installation of BG1TuTu with minimal mod setup:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // DDrawFix -> Force DirectDraw Emulation: v1.0
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v10
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Core Bugfixes
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #1 // Organised Journal Entries
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v22_20150614
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v22_20150614
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v22_20150614

SCS stops at the initialize mod component:

SFO: Applying patch(es) to CRE file(s) pargus wilf nader arlin catura...
FAILURE:
You are trying to edit pargus.CRE, which does not exist in the game
Stopping installation because of error.

Considering I've installed SCS on BG1Tutu before, I'm a bit at a loss on what's going on here. :-/

It probably was an earlier version of SCS, as it was some time ago. I'll try the older versions and see which one works.

As for the hotfixes, I thought they are intended for the EE? I can install SCS on BG1 EE with them, but the dialogue file gets messed up and whenever enemies use potions etc. in combat, the combat log displays weird texts instead of proper feedback.

EDIT: after looking for this .cre file with nearinfinity, turns out that SCS references to pargus.cre (and other .cre files, basically the entire line:

SFO: Applying patch(es) to CRE file(s) pargus wilf nader arlin catura...

is the problem)

whereas in BG1Tutu those creatures are found under _pargus.cre, with the "_" before file name. Other .cre SCS references use correct file names, so I don't get why this one doesn't.

Since I have zero modding skills, I have simply exported and saved those .cre files as pargus.cre etc. with nearinfinity to the override folder. I can install SCS that way; whether it breaks the game, I have no idea. Considering both BGT and BGEE SCS installs ended up with serious dialogue bugs for me, I'm going to give it a try.

because Beamdog broke mod support for those edition.

That's a kinda harsh thing to say especially as I believe it wasn't Beamdog, but GoG and Steam standardization that did it, not Beamdog by alone themselves.

Yes, the weidu.exe can't modify the files in .zip files (yet), but there are rare editors that can(I haven't ran to one). But there is one that can make them(argent77's tool), and another that can unmake them(modmerger), so it would be likely that there will eventually be a 3rd(imagine the things the weidu.exe could do with it) that can.

Ouh, and it's not only for PCs, but for Mac and Linux 's weidu's.

Archived