NWN1 and NWN2 Chat

What do you mean? There is a Bishop quest? Is any way to resume the already done parts (by Obsidian) and finish the plot?

[no spoiler, please, I am still just arrived to Crossroad Keep and no more gaming for me till the arrive of my new gpu... sigh, end of the month :undecided: ]

There is a cut dialogue that indicates Bishop's quest that was cut. There is no way of restoring it, there is very little Obsidian has to show for it. Not to mention it will make Bishop's character even less believable imo. They managed to 'stitch' it together w/o the quest. Re-making it will go badly.

Now I am frankly confused... it will make Bishop less believable? I think Bishop is, so far (still missing some companions) the best character in game. He has a deep personality, not to mention it is a full round character. So, why do you think is poorly believable? (sorry for OT, I am just curious about your opinion, being you the one who wrote so wonderfully his romance)

EDIT:

even more OT. I have the possibility to play one of the expansion of NWN (the first). Which one do you recommend? I am searching for good NPCs interactions and maybe also romance options, thanks.

You will need to finish the game for me to explain my reasoning. Sorry, I would hate to spoil you. :undecided:

Can't reco0mmend anything for NWN, never played it. The OC is definetly the dullest thing ever made by BioWARE.

Thank you for the "tact", you are really kind :undecided:

Oh, thanks! I was so shocked after finishing NWN OC... it has been the dullest, most boring game ever (except for IWD without any mod). I got so annoyed that I don't even bought the expansions! And that is the reason why, even if a friend of mine has bought NWN2 for my birthday as soon as it came in Italy, I never played it till a month ago... Each time I have to chose a game to install, I remembered NWN and decided to skip NWN2 and try another game! :hm:

Guest Varel1
Now I am frankly confused... it will make Bishop less believable? I think Bishop is, so far (still missing some companions) the best character in game. He has a deep personality, not to mention it is a full round character. So, why do you think is poorly believable? (sorry for OT, I am just curious about your opinion, being you the one who wrote so wonderfully his romance)

EDIT:

even more OT. I have the possibility to play one of the expansion of NWN (the first). Which one do you recommend? I am searching for good NPCs interactions and maybe also romance options, thanks.

Definitely the second expansion, "Heroes of the Underdark", it is far better than the OC, and the first expansion, which for me, was also a disappointment. You can romance either a cool drow assassin, Nathyrra. or, somewhat bizarrely, the ghost of Aribeth. You can also recruit Deekin, the kobold, for humourous conversations, or assorted other characters.

Definitely the second expansion, "Heroes of the Underdark", it is far better than the OC, and the first expansion, which for me, was also a disappointment. You can romance either a cool drow assassin, Nathyrra. or, somewhat bizarrely, the ghost of Aribeth. You can also recruit Deekin, the kobold, for humourous conversations, or assorted other characters.

Sorry for intruding,but I couldn't stop myself when I saw mentioning of NWN expansions; the correct name is "Hordes of the Underdark",shortened in HoTu usually....and yes,I warmly recommend it,by far it's one of the best addition to the NWN series,still unsurpassed even by mask (although I loved MoTb).

Why I say this?For starters,the writing was done mainly by David Gaider (so,if you loved Dragon Age,you'll love HoTu);then,it has one of the best romanceable male henchman in the story of gaming,aka Valen Shadowbreath (I know I rant like a fangirl here,but what can I say,I'm one of the tiefling addicted),so if you are interested in a good and mature romance for a female PC,it's definitively a must have;other than that,it has a sound and fascinating story,and you will expecially love it if,like me,you are a planes setting lover;and last but not least, at the time Gaider was very active with the fandom (as he is still,thankfully) and he personally made some dialogue additions to the module that you can still find on another forum (not to mention other fixes to Valen dialogues).

And trust me,funny conversations are behind any corner when Mr Gaider is at the keyboard....try having Nathyrra and Valen in party and,at some point,you'll franctically laugh your lungs out :undecided: (or maybe it's just me and my perverted sense of humour).Not to mention duets between Valen and Deekin :D

And don't get me started on some very beautiful custom mods,the real reason I was able to love NwN1 fully (you can be assured,with only the OC,the game would have failed badly in getting the large fan base it still has :)....in getting ANY fan base ;) )

Then again,this is my personal point of view,so take it as it is :D

Ok,sorry for the huge OT,I'm crawling back in my corner :hm:

What are you saying? You're OT is more than welcome! I have opened an entire thread in the noobermeet section asking suggestion for my next game!

So, NWN 1 can also be interesting, you said... I hope, the OC was SO DAMN BORING!!!

Ok, I can have a try with HotU, but tell me, which mods do you suggest for improving the game?

I guess my OT degenerated the topic in the end,since it got detached...my deepest apologies,I didn't want to clatter the other topic!

I hope you will indulge if I will continue my ranting on NwN1 then now (sorry again) :hm:

Back when NwN1 came out,I think the OC was thought more like a showroom than a real game per se...meaning the main storyline was preposterous to show what the engine and the toolset could really offer;this resulted on a very bland and cliched story,although there were some shiny moments and characters here and there...but that's taste ;)

I personally loved Linu,one of my fav companions,and I still love her;not to mention Aarin's romance had its moments,until you discover he's all talk and no action :D

And the storyline of charwood still moves me,no matter what...

But I digress (heh).

Honestly I started REALLY enjoying NwN1 when I finally discovered custom modules; the vault offers a huge collection of player made modules,some cringeworthy,some really shiny jewels,it all depends on taste.

I would be happy to give you suggestions in that regard,but before I have to state some things to clarify my preferences (in case yours are completely different,so you may ponder on what to do):

-First thing I look for in a module is a good,sound story;my english may be not perfect,but I love reading an immersive story with nice,well-written dialogues,so the "hey dude go kill just because" modules don't catch my attention much.

-I loathe combat,I am horrible at it; I don't dislike some action,mind you,but be assured that dungeon crawls and hack&slash modules will never be my first choice.I do prefer modules which have smart use of gameplay (like the use of conversation skills,multiple roleplay choices,experience given for solving things without necessarily killing stuff,and so on).

-I HATE open-explore modules; some people love them deeply,but I don't.They make me feel stupid and confused most of the time;I don't necessarily love completely-railroaded modules,a bit of open exploration is fine,as long as I'm not bound to die just because I went left instead of right.But generally I do love knowing what the hell I am doing and where I am going most of the time :undecided:

-I'm a grumpy,old lady; this generally means I like to play modules thought for a mature audience.This may imply a lot of things: violence,innuendos,sex (sometimes in an humoros way,sometimes not)....these are not necessarily prerequisites in the modules I play,but many of those I played have such themes.I also have a very open view in matters of love and my preferences reflect that,as well;some people have no problem with this,some others would probably burn my machine to purge it from evil,so I am warning just in case.

-I am picky with my like and dislikes;however,sometimes I can go beyond them if I think there's something interesting in a module,so I may find something interesting where others will just shout "blasphemy!",i.e. don't blame me if you hate something I suggested :p

-Being an user of this forum should give you an hint,but of course I do like romances,so I tend to choose modules which have them,mostly;of course I am picky on them too,so I tend to choose well written ones which have deeply-developed npcs involved (most of the time),but again something I may find "ooohhh saucy" may be bland to you,just keep that in mind always :D

-All the mods I played are in english :p

If you are more or less okay with these kind of preferences,then I will gladly make a list of my favourites for you,let me know ;)

Sorry again for the topic! :)

You said:

"I loathe combat,I am horrible at it; I don't dislike some action,mind you,but be assured that dungeon crawls and hack&slash modules will never be my first choice."

I am not horrible at combat, I am quite good (mostly because my character is a beast :-P ) but I ABSOLUTELY HATE spending hours and hours just going and killing and again going and again killing, ad libitum!

However, first I would like a suggestion for mods (modifications) in NWN HotU... have you seen something interesting?

Then I really would like also suggestions for modules. I love a good rp level, better if there are romances, I would like to use MY character, not a fixed one (ie: "this module is thought for a thief of 5th level"... NO!) and... well, you're English is far better than mine so, in case... EASY English, please! :-D

So... go on with your list, I am waiting! :-)

Archived