Wow, I'm really loving Gavin!

Minarvia

I didn't want to start a new topic for this minor thing, so I'll state it here. And it isn't that something is wrong, it is right! Ajantis spoke to my pc about Gavin and how he doubted that Gavin could give my pc all that she deserves, etc. But shortly after that my pc committed to Gavin and Ajantis' romance shut off. I was pleased about that, but also a bit curious. Gavin's website says that committing to him will NOT shut down the other romances, but in this case it did. Has something changed? Like I said, I don't mind it at all, I was just surprised that the shutting down of Ajantis occurred.

And, speaking of committment, if you are romancing Gavin but have not committed, he'll dump you if you return to Candlekeep? Or does that depend on how many LT's have occurred? The website was sort of vague on this, I think, as the wording was that it is "recommended" to get the committment. Just wondering! I'm having several games going and just am hoping not to get that sort of nasty surprise. I probably won't as I get Gavin nearly right away, but I can't help but wonder if it COULD happen or if someone else may have that happen.

Ajantis spoke to my pc about Gavin and how he doubted that Gavin could give my pc all that she deserves, etc. But shortly after that my pc committed to Gavin and Ajantis' romance shut off. I was pleased about that, but also a bit curious. Gavin's website says that committing to him will NOT shut down the other romances, but in this case it did. Has something changed?

Uh, yes, actually. Some of the other romance writers requested that change. Something about it being well and good for the PC, but how inobservant were Ajantis/Coran/Xan likely to be once the relationship became committed. Could they really be expected to continue to court an engaged woman? It's changed in the NPC guide, but I guess the website needs to be updated as well. :)

And, speaking of committment, if you are romancing Gavin but have not committed, he'll dump you if you return to Candlekeep? Or does that depend on how many LT's have occurred?

That depends on whether or not you catch up on your correspondence while you are there, if you know what I mean. Some discoveries are harder than others. Should he find out about your heritage the hard way, you'll have to wait for SoA for him to be interested again.

Okay, sorry for the silly questions. I guess I didn't think to check the NPC guide and just found the lack of romance kills statements elsewhere. I'm glad that they have been implemented, tho. And as for Candlekeep, I think I understand you. I guess I just thought that the revelation was always found out the hard way, so maybe I don't understand, after all. Well, I guess it doesn't matter. I'll just wait for the committment so that I won't get hugely disillusioned with Gavin by getting dumped, THEN go to Candlekeep.

Archived