ToB Beta-Testing Report Thread

berelinde

I've started playing through the TOB portion and there's is one sentence that bothers me.

It was during Gavin's "First Night Together" love talk and when my char asked if he would take care of stocking up on the herbs he responded with "This time, I want the first time to be as pleasurable for you as the second".

It just seemed out of place to me. I can't really connect it to anything they've said up to that point in the convo. It just felt out of the blue.

Probably a misplaced link. Thanks for reporting. I'll look into it. Either that or... did you start a new game in ToB and summon Gavin via the Fate Spirit? If so, the mod does not assume that you have already been intimate. Not that it makes any more sense that way. (sigh) I am developing a real aversion to night talks.

Since this is a public forum, it might be a good idea to send reports about anything to do with night talks via PM rather than posting them here.

Still haven't had any problems. Just been sexually harassing poor Gavin.

But I do have a question. I'm not sure if this was suppose to happen or not (If so, then I can be put at ease), but when I went to go heal my team, I made a mistake a clicked too fast when Gavin started talking to me. Here's the screen shot of what I'm wondering over: Screenshot

Was there more to this, or no? It's just that after a good 30 minutes to an hour later the same talk happen, except he gave me a feather and I got options of actually talking to him. Again, just wanted to clear this up.

Oh, that's just ambient flirting. The "heal" order you gave just coincided with a timer expiring. There are times when his flirts aren't as "firty" as some NPCs. Hey, we all have moments when we can't think of something clever to say.

I thought I should just mention this, but I finally got out of the dreaded Underdark. I then decided to do some shopping around town, then proceeded to do Umar Hills quest. Once I finished up there I thought to go to the 'Forest of Tethir' and that's when it crashed on me. But I didn't get an error message or anything, it was sorta like it just locked up and kicked me out. I started BG up again and tried going to the forest again and got the same out come. I then tried going to "North Forest" and had the same thing happen. And when I went to the last forest place, it just froze up on me while it was loading. I then tested it out once more to see if it was crashing/locking up with all the places I clicked on, so I went to the Graveyard (To confront Bodhi) and it loaded the area just fine.

So, yea, so far can't go to any of the forests.

Yea, I'm not sure? I tried not to install too much.

But here's the log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin for BG2: 20111016 TOB
~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #3 // Multi-romance cheat -> No romance kills: 20111016 TOB
~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #11 // Alternate Portrait Selection  (Default portrait is already installed) -> Dragon Age style portrait by berelinde: 20111016 TOB
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
~MAZZY/SETUP-MAZZY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Mazzy Friendship: 2
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-FADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fade: An NPC for Baldur's Gate II

No fixpack? That may be your problem right there.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything that could be causing the crashes you report. I don't recall any content specific to forested areas, but I will double-check when I get home. Who is in your party?

When you originally installed Fade, did you install it before Gavin, Dungeon Be Gone, or Mazzy or was it last in the cue?

Thanks for just brain storming this out with me. I have very little knowledge when it comes to the modding world, so any kind of direction helps!

Anyway, did a little research just now and came across these:

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=24315.0

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/258273-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn/60433122/672744360

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/32516-crash-to-desktop-when-moving-to-certain-areas/

^These folks are having the same exact problem as me, and they don't have Gavin in their team. So, I think it's safe to rule him out. And from what I skimmed over, they don't have Mazzy banter pack either.

So I'm going to try the fixpack, and hopefully it'll work.

Oh, wow, that's going to be a challenge. I know that the BG2 Fixpack is intended to go pretty close to the beginning, right after you install the official patch and before you install any newer (2004 or later) mods, but at this point, your game is unfinishable, so you have nothing to lose.

Next time you build your installation, this is a good order:

BG2: SoA

BG2: ToB

Official Patch (the one that ends in an 8)

BG2 Fixpack

any other mods

Good luck to you!

Hope you don't mind a new tester around these parts! Just downloaded the Beta. I've got to reload the game due to a laptop crash so it'll all be nice n'clean n'sparkly. I'll let you know the progress as I go...

THANKS AGAIN! I've wanted to play TOB thru with Gavin for ages...

He's the best...and so are you!

Here goes nothing!

Archived