I still wonder whether a non-snoopy PC would read them even then?
I think the point is your PC would have to "snoop" to get to that dialogue - to get Aran to take offense and dump the letters on you. Similarly, I don't think another NPC would have that option from what I read, though that might make it more interesting. That is, inter-party conflict not involving the PC, as long as it doesn't happen during combat, whilst buying supplies, etc. (something some mods don't always check for so well).

Edit:

I suppose I should have said instead "That sounds like something my ex would do
Why, did you snoop into his stuff? :) Because that's what Aran is reacting to, and in this case, he's got nothing to hide, so the PC is the one in the wrong.

I had a gf once who burrowed into some really old files - mostly just news clippings and similar junk I was saving to put in some of my satirical newletters or the like. But one was a photo of me at an, um, gentlemen's club, getting uh, "regaled" with a pole dance or some such. But it was from ten years previously, and some 8 years before I even met her... on top of that (if I had to justify it), my friends dragged me to this place for a "surprise" birthday party. And that was about the extent of it. You'd think she'd've noticed how young I was in the photo. Anyway, she was livid when she found it and burnt it in the fireplace. Eventually, I found some odd ashes therein and asked if she'd burnt something, at which point she confessed. Of course I was appalled, not just at the unwarranted snooping but the destruction of even so petty an item of mine, and she was mortified mostly at her own actions, but it's an example of what unreasonable jealousy can do, and I think I understand where cm was coming from with this. [/long and pointless but somewhat relevant digression]

Lol, no I never snooped *physically* >.> I have a tendency of dancing around in conversations until very interesting...topics...blurted out of his mouth. Pretty much he compared me to his last girlfriend, of whom I have some very nasty descriptive words for, and we got into a fight. He then blurted out that he was still in contact with her, which set off a red flag to me...long story short, he threw his phone at me and told me to search through his texts and call log. So yeah, sometimes jealousy is warrented...if you can really call me jealous in that situation :cool:

If Anomen is also wooing the PC, I could see him snooping. He would tell himself that he was protecting her from a possibly-two-timing bastard, but I doubt his scruples would keep him out of Aran's knapsack. Sometimes, Anomen gets confused when it comes to what is right and what he wants.

I full-heartedly agree on this.

Archived