TRA and how to make it easier?

Domi

:) Just tried to do it without AUTO_TRA and USING both, got a mistake.

(ERROR: No translation provided for @47. It seems like WeiDU tried to use my Setup.tra for all dialogue files.) Ugh. Looks like I have to use AUTO_TRA, after all.

Domi: your

LANGUAGE ~English~

~english~

~Kivan/tra/english/SETUP.tra~

is sufficient.

EDIT: You'll also have to add before that

AUTO_TRA ~Kivan/%s~

Okay, so I will end up with 3 folders:

D (original hard-coded dialogues)

D_TRA (D's that were traified)

TRA (TRA files)

So, I will then change all my references in TP2 to new D_TRA folder for COMPILE purposes.

Now, what will happen if I need by whatever reason to change D structure in the file? Do I have to re-TRA'fy? What will happen with the foreign langiage TRAs in that case? Do I manually insert the new lines or something?

Okay, so I will end up with 3 folders:

D (original hard-coded dialogues)

D_TRA (D's that were traified)

TRA (TRA files)

So, I will then change all my references in TP2 to new D_TRA folder for COMPILE purposes.

Pardon, but why? Once traified you shouldn't need your hard-coded d files. Move your new tra-ified d files into the location of the old ones and the tra files into a language folder. Once traified you shouldn't use the old .d files any more.

Uhm, because if someone asks anything about a dialogue, the only way I can find it is using the old D's, to be honest, because I doubt that I will quickly get used to working with two files, one for structure, and one for texts...

Well, you can either look at two files for reference (d and tra), or maintain two as you manually have to move your changes from hard-coded d to tra-ified d. I personally find the former is infinitely easier, especially with something that can handle multiple files (woo ConTEXT).

When tra-ifying, WeiDU is also kind enough to leave the old text, but commented out:

BEGIN foo
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN state SAY @0 /* Hi there! */
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY @1 /* Hello! */ THEN GOTO bar
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY @2 /* Buzz off. */ THEN EXIT
END

So you should be able to get the gist of the dialogue without having to look it up every time. :) Or at least, until you radically alter the dialogue and the comments no longer resemble the strings.

Okay, it does not work.

FOR %%1 IN (mymod\d\*.d) DO WeiDU --traify %%1 --out mymod\tra\%%1

this line give invalid argument %%1. Weidu spouts tons of infor on arguments, and the line

FOR %1 IN (mymod\d\*.d) DO WeiDU --traify %1 --out mymod\tra\%1

does produce some movement, but gives a FATAL ERROR, like this:

D:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>WeiDU --traify Kivan\d\P#PID25.D --out Ki

van\tra\Kivan\d\P#PID25.D

[WeiDU] WeiDU version 189

FATAL ERROR: Sys_error("Kivan\\tra\\Kivan\\d\\P#PID25.D: No such file or directo

ry")

EDIT: Basically, in the end, after much handholding from Cam :) I added the Kivan/d into the tra folder, and it worked :love: I guess just the output path was not specified correctly. Unless it was intended all along.

When tra-ifying, WeiDU is also kind enough to leave the old text, but commented out:

BEGIN foo
END

Thankfully, this was not true for me. Otherwise, I would have ended with a lot of unnecessary baggage in my Dialogue directory. (Not to mention that the version would be quite a bit heavier). No, for me it went like this:

BEGIN foo
IF ~~ state 
SAY @0
++ @1 + bar
++ @2 + bye
END

@0    = ~Hi there!~
@1    = ~Hello!~
@2    = ~Buzz off.~

Okay, it does not work.

FOR %%1 IN (mymod\d\*.d) DO WeiDU --traify %%1 --out mymod\tra\%%1

this line give invalid argument %%1. Weidu spouts tons of infor on arguments, and the line

FOR %1 IN (mymod\d\*.d) DO WeiDU --traify %1 --out mymod\tra\%1

does produce some movement, but gives a FATAL ERROR, like this:

D:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>WeiDU --traify Kivan\d\P#PID25.D --out Ki

van\tra\Kivan\d\P#PID25.D

[WeiDU] WeiDU version 189

FATAL ERROR: Sys_error("Kivan\\tra\\Kivan\\d\\P#PID25.D: No such file or directo

ry")

EDIT: Basically, in the end, after much handholding from Cam  :)  I added the Kivan/d into the tra folder, and it worked :love: I guess just the output path was not specified correctly. Unless it was intended all along.

This is a problem with the Windows CLI; the %1 variable will be substituted with mymod\d\name_of_file.d, rather than name_of_file.d. You have to use

FOR %A IN (mymod\d\*.d) DO WeiDU --traify %A --out mymod\tra\%~nxA

(or double the number of %s if doing from a bat file). Variables (IE %A) shouldn't use a number, but a capital letter (numbers are for the CLI parameters).

Well, you can either look at two files for reference (d and tra), or maintain two as you manually have to move your changes from hard-coded d to tra-ified d. I personally find the former is infinitely easier, especially with something that can handle multiple files (woo ConTEXT).

BEGIN foo
END

So you should be able to get the gist of the dialogue without having to look it up every time. :p Or at least, until you radically alter the dialogue and the comments no longer resemble the strings.

How can I make WeiDU do this? Like Kulyok I ended up with a .d file without the out commented lines. However, I'd love to have the lines there for reference.

I used this command:

FOR %A IN (amber\dialogs\*.d) DO WeiDU --traify %A --traify# 200 --out amber\tra\%~nxA

Don't do this until The BiGG has a chance to fix it...

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/to....html#msg291259

the current way to do this leaves your file looking like

BEGIN foo
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN state SAY @0 /* Hi there! /*
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY @1 /* Hello! /* THEN GOTO bar
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY @2 /* Buzz off. /* THEN EXIT
END

with no termination of comment (*/).

When he gets it repaired, the syntax is

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/to....html#msg291521

weidu --traify-comment --traify X#GORLET.D --out X#GORLET_NEW.D

which I set up to run under WinXP as a batch file that avoided overwrites by the following:

FOR %%A IN (BG1NPC\Phase1\DLG\*.d) DO WeiDU --traify-comment --traify %%A  --out BG1NPC\TEMP\%%~nxA

and then replaced the files after visually confirming that everything was ok.

EDIT: Please note, I did this without the extra command --traify-comment; the reference posts above have TheBigg's direct comments, so that if I am confusing something it will be clearer in his replies!

Archived