A Present for Aklon

BigRob

Aklon gives the PC a gift as part of his romance, so it's only fair that the PC can give one back. As I approach the banter/quest part of the writing, I've been thinking about exactly what it is that CHARNAME should give to him. Something practical? Something whimsical? I've had an idea or two.

So, here's your chance to add a suggestion to the pile. What would your character give Aklon?

Guest Tamethis

May be tie for his ponytail? With some special abilities.... It's just amazing what people can do with simple braid and lot of care :)

Bleh- it's always tricky, figuring out a gift for a guy.

How about a... hmm... a music box? Or maybe a little statuette that does a predefined dance or what not when a command word is said.

Mean players should get the chance to give Aklon a Nymph Cloak.

PC: "Here Aklon- I got you a cloak."

Aklon: "... are you trying to imply something? Because the enchantments of this cloak are-"

PC: "Less talky, more weary!"

A...bracelet. Practical use, though if his Monk training won't let him, then just a sweet gift.

If not.... er....something other than a ring or necklace, that's for sure.  (Boots? Belt? Cloak?)

I'm pretty sure Monks can wear bracers (or bracelets). ;) Something protective or combative there (maybe so if the PC's a Monk, she can have the Crushing Gauntlets :p).

May be tie for his ponytail? With some special abilities.... It's just amazing what people can do with simple braid and lot of care

Heheh. I quite like that idea actually. It also uses a "free" slot on Aklon's head since monks aren't much into helmets.

Handcuffs! :) Just kidding.

Now that you mention it.... :)

Bleh- it's always tricky, figuring out a gift for a guy.

How about a... hmm... a music box? Or maybe a little statuette that does a predefined dance or what not when a command word is said.

Nice suggestion for the more whimsical gifts ;)

Mean players should get the chance to give Aklon a Nymph Cloak.

PC: "Here Aklon- I got you a cloak."

Aklon: "... are you trying to imply something? Because the enchantments of this cloak are-"

PC: "Less talky, more weary!"

;) So he's got to wear it all the time?

Heheh. I quite like that idea actually. It also uses a "free" slot on Aklon's head since monks aren't much into helmets.

But they are into ioun stones--if you want to use a free slot, have her give him something he'll wear in his armor slot. :)

Guest Tamethis

;) Why not? I think shirt is a very nice idea... Not to mention it IS fresh :) And with boots -- to prevent cold, and socks for the same purpose.

Other ideas seem to escape my head today. Mmm. A book? Not very fresh but nice.. or.. statuette of smth or someone? Carved from stone by gentle fingers of CHARNAME ;)

With Valygar we created a number of presents from practical to incredibly powerful to trinckets that affected the romance positively, and let PC chose one via dialogue options which one she wants to give :) I thought it was a good idea.

:D Why not? I think shirt is a very nice idea... Not to mention it IS fresh ;)  And with boots -- to prevent cold, and socks for the same purpose.

Other ideas seem to escape my head today. Mmm. A book? Not very fresh but nice.. or.. statuette of smth or someone? Carved from stone by gentle fingers of CHARNAME :)

Getting him all rugged up warm eh? ;)

A book is quite a good present for Aklon (just make sure its a rare one). I like the idea of a made gift actually. Now I just have to think of materials to make it from. :D

With Valygar we created a number of presents from practical to incredibly powerful to trinckets that affected the romance positively, and let PC chose one via dialogue options which one she wants to give :p I thought it was a good idea.

Aye, it be. I like the idea of giving the PC a bit of a choice gift-wise, since not everyone will want to give him the Nymph Cloak. :D I was going to go for at least six choices, but more might be good too.

I forsee a lot of artwork being needed... :)

How about a vest? He doesn't need to wear a shirt, does he? :D

Not all the time.

And since he does wear a vest anyway, he could probably do with a new one of those too. ;)

Or how about some new and improved supplies for his phy... er... potion-making lab. ^_^ Then that opens up the possibility for his station to become improved and make better potions.

For the handmade gifts, it'd be interesting to have it play off the PC's stats. For example, players with a high CHA could give him a poem, while those with higher DEX could make him a highly detailed soap sculpture, or something. Though that's a bit tough for the other stats... ah, well. I'm just the initial idea person.

Or how about some new and improved supplies for his phy... er... potion-making lab. ^_^ Then that opens up the possibility for his station to become improved and make better potions.
Aklon will be picking up bits and pieces throughout the game that let him make better potions. But there's no reason that you couldn't buy/find a particularly rare component and give it to him as a gift.

For the handmade gifts, it'd be interesting to have it play off the PC's stats. For example, players with a high CHA could give him a poem, while those with higher DEX could make him a highly detailed soap sculpture, or something. Though that's a bit tough for the other stats... ah, well. I'm just the initial idea person.

Could be a good way to screen out what a PC is best at. I was thinking classes, but that's more or less like stats anyway and it gives more choice. (What, you play a Cleric with 9 Wisdom?!) :)

Hehe- actually, I was thinking about this one mod called the Three Stooges. It forced you to play the game as a Fighter with 9 STR, a Wizard with 9 INT, and a Cleric with 9 WIS. :)

Besides, who's to say that a Thief wouldn't have INT as their highest stat, or some such? I'm sure it's rare, but. *shrug* Working with abilities would give you fewer options to write out, too. And I think it's a bit more personal; it involves how your character actually IS, not their job. Y'know? *shrug*

I guess the only toss-up would be if the PC had ties for their highest stat, but. Ah well, whatever. Class or Abilities, I think it'd be neat to see.

Archived