Tutorial Index and Forum Guidelines

Whatever reasoning -- or lack of -- allowed it to be at BWL is clearly no longer valid.

What ever you thik, just no. It's a community build list... it's been in BWL, and you better believe it will stay there. Cause if not. You will split the community another time, to those and the others.. THAT*S IDIOTIC.

Yes, I called you that.

How does changing where it's hosted matter? I think you're really overdramatizing this. Par for the course, I guess.

[edit]

This is how a non-asshole would have it linked:

prefix request forum

the list itself

That wasn't so hard, was it? We'll see how long they allow people to skip their ad spam.

Edited by Fiann of the Silver Hand

Idk, forcing that ad on people, having a hard-to-find button to click through where you wanted to go, having a shitty countdown timer so people CAN'T click through until they watched 15 seconds of boring "gameplay" even if you've already seen it a thousand times...

I think that has rather a lot to do with being an asshole.

Edited by subtledoctor

I think that has rather a lot to do with being an asshole.

Well, go ahead, you are free to start doing something to things. I haven't seen you do anything for the welfare of the community, yes, you have a few mods. And you are rather active here... I'll give you that, but I haven't seen you start your expert guide for Mac users on the creation of mods, even though I believe you to be an expert on it, relatively to others... of course I could be wrong.

Inaction. That is what you all stand to be accused on. I have done my small part... Baronius has his. CamDawn, Wisp and others do theirs.

And I am pretty sure being an asshole, is kinda part of the course. If you look it in non-naive way.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Their ad also destroy download system but after my request it was fixed. Anyway it's clear that the admins are lacking sensitivity for that matter and for some other also. I think that Baronius should be notified and asked to remove ads from "important community site resources" links.

Pff, I know exactly nothing about Linux.

As for helping the community, I do know about Macs. I use to convert inconsiderate Windows-only mods to run on Macs back when the game came on discs, for the benefit of the community. And I've given advice to tons of people on how to mod these games on Macs without having to shell out ~$300 for a Windows license. And I've developed and published a tool to allow Mac users to easily run Weidu to install mods that don't ship with Mac support built-in.

As for non-platform-specific community service... I rather think calling out people for acting like jerks - I mean, for acting in a way that is contrary to the best interest of BG players - is *good* for the community. :p

Before I forget about this. Here's an updated version with most links working with the new forum. Cheers 😀

If you are a modder with questions about how to go about making your mod, please try the Modding Q&A forum.

If you have questions about mods, mod installations, or mod ideas, please try the General Mod Discussion forum.

Multimedia

NPC

WeiDU

Kits

Porting Mods

Misc.

Otherwise interesting new/pinned topics:

Links to other tutorials/communities

Edited by MilesTeg