Worldmap Icons

Yacomo

A couple of weeks ago I offered NiGHTMARE to add a some new LoI inspired icons to my worldmap mod. Mainly as an incentive for you folks to consider making your mod compatible with it :) So here they are, hope you can figure out which one is intended for which area :)

Feel free to comment, I'll add changes or additional icons if these ones do not fit your purpose.

Btw: I have no icon for the trade district yet, would be nice if you could pass me a small pic of Athkatla with the trade district marked since I do not know where it is supposed to be :)

worldmap_icons2.gif

Those look amazing, thanks! :)

The trades district s in the northeast of Athkatla, so southeast of the government district, northeast of the bridge district, and north of the city gates. Hopefully creating the trades district will start a trend, and we'll get to see places like the gem district (where most nobles and the richest merchants live, and I guess would be centred around the lake.

BTW am I right in thinking some of the icons are adapted from Age of Wonders?

The trades district s in the northeast of Athkatla, so southeast of the government district, northeast of the bridge district, and north of the city gates.  Hopefully creating the trades district will start a trend, and we'll get to see places like the gem district (where most nobles and the richest merchants live, and I guess would be centred around the lake.

Thanks, will add the Trade District icon then.

BTW am I right in thinking some of the icons are adapted from Age of Wonders?

Yes, three of the icons were adapted from AOW, some from Civ3 fan art, one from Disciples 2 and the trees and mountains are 100% original from yours truly. But all were tweaked, some quite heavily. I'll add some more refinements before they finally make it into the bam to make them more original :)

It will still take some weeks until I am done with v4 of the map mod, but they will all be in there and maybe some additional ones as well.

Errm, Galactygon, I think you really, really should have a look at my worldmap mod :)

It already contains a full set of coloured BGI icons, as well as support for BP-BGT, TuTu as well as some other mods...

And of course you do have everything (BGI, BGII and even ToB if you wish) on the same map if you play BP-BGT :)

Wow, that's impressive work!

understandment much, lol those are absolutely awesome and kick ass, right on!

the first 3 and the 5th one in the bottom row i like the best. they look really amazing, and like some pretty big/epic quests could happen there.

Necroposting galore, eh?

yeh sorry about that.

The second row I recognise from Civ3, but yeah, they're all pretty cool-looking. Hopefully there will be some areas to go with them

never played Civ3 any good? and yeh i hope there are some great aread to go with the icons used.

All of the top row, the first icon in the second row, and the third and fith icons in the third row currently have specific uses in mind.

yah cool, third and fith icons in the third row i like the best.

Archived