A male npc romanceable concept

aeviannce24

You said that the character can't dual-class. I don't see why not, unless that's part of the particular character concept. You could dual a Kensai to a Thief or Mage, and either would yield a potent and versatile character.

Just a thought :)

- E

@berelinde: Oh yeah, I forgot all about IESDP. Thanks for the post :)

@jastey: Thats what I'm looking for. Thanks! Btw, will there be a possibility with the state numbers overlapping with other mods? I just wanted to make sure. Or will it be fixed by the EXTEND_BOTTOM syntax?

@Poitus: Thanks for the support! I sure hope I could finish this one asap.

@Eric: Well, I choose not to allow him to dual-class partly for game balancing and partly for character concept. I play tested him briefly and he proved to be quite powerful already. His lack of HLA's and to dual-class will be covered by his abilities later on.

I don't quite get banters. Am I suppose to make just one file for all the banters and Weidu will append them to the pre-existing npc dialog files, is that it?

@jastey: Thats what I'm looking for. Thanks! Btw, will there be a possibility with the state numbers overlapping with other mods? I just wanted to make sure. Or will it be fixed by the EXTEND_BOTTOM syntax?
Whoops, I rolled a 1 on my reading comprehension hit table. I thought you were asking if there was a way to allow the NPC to respond to something a game NPC was saying.

You use EXTEND_BOTTOM precisely so you don't interfere with other mods. Let's use an example to illustrate, in this case, Bylanna from the Council of Six building. This is her vanilla dialogue state.

IF ~True()
~ THEN BEGIN 5 // from:
 SAY #25562 /* ~Good business to you.  Is there aught that I can help you with?~ */
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #25563 /* ~Who are you?~ */ GOTO 6
 IF ~Global("KnowsMurders","GLOBAL",1)
Global("MurdersSolved","GLOBAL",0)
ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy,15)
~ THEN REPLY #25564 /* ~What can you tell us about the murders in the Bridge District?~ */ GOTO 7
ReactionLT(LastTalkedToBy,16)
~ THEN REPLY #25565 /* ~What can you tell us about the murders in the Bridge District?~ */ GOTO 9
 IF ~PartyHasItem("misc5m")
Global("ToldInspector","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("MurdersSolved","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY #37783 /* ~I have solved the murders that were occurring in the bridge district...but the murderer killed Inspector Aegisfield.  I have his body with me, here.~ */ GOTO 11
 IF ~!PartyHasItem("misc5m")
!Global("MurdersSolved","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY #37784 /* ~I have solved the murders that were occurring in the Bridge District...but the murderer killed Inspector Aegisfield.~ */ GOTO 12
 IF ~InPartySlot(LastTalkedToBy,0)
GlobalLT("chapter","GLOBAL",4)~ THEN REPLY #45963 /* ~A friend of mine, Imoen, was taken captive by the Cowled Wizards for using magic in the city.  Is there anything I can do to free her?~ */ GOTO 13
 IF ~GlobalLT("chapter","GLOBAL",4)~ THEN REPLY #45964 /* ~What can you tell me about the war between the thieves' guilds that I've been hearing about?~ */ GOTO 32
 IF ~PartyHasItem("misc9h")~ THEN REPLY #49948 /* ~I have the head of a criminal here, a gnome by the name of Neb.  Is it you that I should be talking to?~ */ GOTO 34
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #25566 /* ~No, nothing.  I'll be on my way.~ */ GOTO 10
END

I want the PC to be able to ask her about bailing Gavin out of jail, but I know that numerous other mods do things with Bylanna, so I don't want to interfere with them. I use an EXTEND_BOTTOM.

EXTEND_BOTTOM BYLANNA 5 /* ~Good business to you.  Is there aught that I can help you with?~ */ 
+ ~Global("B!GavBender","GLOBAL",5)~ + ~I'm here to get my friend Gavin Mor out of jail.~ + bylanna 
END 

APPEND BYLANNA 

IF ~~ bylanna  
SAY ~You'll have to see the clerk across the atrium.~ 
IF ~~ THEN EXIT 
END 
END

Once that compiles, the state in Bylanna's dialogue becomes this.

IF ~True()
~ THEN BEGIN 5 // from:
 SAY #25562 /* ~Good business to you.  Is there aught that I can help you with?~ */
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #25563 /* ~Who are you?~ */ GOTO 6
ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy,15)
~ THEN REPLY #25564 /* ~What can you tell us about the murders in the Bridge District?~ */ GOTO 7
ReactionLT(LastTalkedToBy,16)
~ THEN REPLY #25565 /* ~What can you tell us about the murders in the Bridge District?~ */ GOTO 9
 IF ~PartyHasItem("misc5m")
!Global("MurdersSolved","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY #37783 /* ~I have solved the murders that were occurring in the bridge district...but the murderer killed Inspector Aegisfield.  I have his body with me, here.~ */ GOTO 11
 IF ~!PartyHasItem("misc5m")
!Global("MurdersSolved","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY #37784 /* ~I have solved the murders that were occurring in the Bridge District...but the murderer killed Inspector Aegisfield.~ */ GOTO 12
 IF ~InPartySlot(LastTalkedToBy,0)
GlobalLT("chapter","GLOBAL",4)~ THEN REPLY #45963 /* ~A friend of mine, Imoen, was taken captive by the Cowled Wizards for using magic in the city.  Is there anything I can do to free her?~ */ GOTO 13
 IF ~GlobalLT("chapter","GLOBAL",4)~ THEN REPLY #45964 /* ~What can you tell me about the war between the thieves' guilds that I've been hearing about?~ */ GOTO 32
 IF ~PartyHasItem("misc9h")~ THEN REPLY #49948 /* ~I have the head of a criminal here, a gnome by the name of Neb.  Is it you that I should be talking to?~ */ GOTO 34
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #25566 /* ~No, nothing.  I'll be on my way.~ */ GOTO 10
 IF ~Global("B!GavBender","GLOBAL",5)
~ THEN REPLY #74628 /* ~I'm here to get my friend Gavin Mor out of jail.~ */ GOTO 35
END

The precise state number in the transition of my PC reply will change based on what players have installed, but the modder doesn't have to worry about that. WeiDU takes care of everything.

What I don't want to do here is use EXTEND_TOP. That will break other peoples' mods.

I don't quite get banters. Am I suppose to make just one file for all the banters and Weidu will append them to the pre-existing npc dialog files, is that it?

Yes, this is another case where WeiDU takes care of the details... at least for random banters. When you want to script banters, it gets a little more complicated because you have to weight the states to put them ahead of player-initiated dialogue, if you follow the convention of putting all scripted dialogue in the joined dialogue file, or ahead of random banters, if you prefer to keep all banter in the B file.

It's probably best to save a discussion of scripted banter for when you're starting to write scripted dialogue.

berelinde I love you.

Op. Sorry :D

So, meaning to say I could just assign any number for its state, correct? How about the weights? Is there a standard uhh... weight for a scripted mod banter to fire? I read that in order to make sure the banter fires, I need to make the weight bigger than that of bioware's. Just to clarify things :)

Oh, don't mind your dice rolls with reading comp, I pretty much suck with my grammar skills so its probably my fault :)

Well, if you put the scripted banter in the J, you just need to add a WEIGHT #-1 to get it ahead of any PID, if any. You would use StartDialogueNoSet() to call it. If you still want to put scripted banter in the B file, you would need to add WEIGHT #-1 to get it ahead of the random banters and you would use Interact() to call it.

You've got it backward, with the state weighting. A lower number raises its priority. You never need any kind of WEIGHT #-300, though, since WEIGHT #-1 will do it. No harm in using other numbers, though, as long as they're negative.

The problem occurs when you want to insert random banters between vanilla random banters. Because BioWare put scripted lovetalks in the B file and because many modders still put scripted banter in the B file, if you want to slip something in between unscripted talks, it gets complicated. You're better off leaving off the state weights for random stuff and letting them occur at the end.

Just finished a school project. Glad that's over! Now I just need to finish one more. :/

Anyway, thanks again berelinde, and we'll do.

Some update: As of now I'm getting to the cheesy part of the romance. The problem is, I'm having difficulties on how the whole romance would start. I'm playing with an idea that the pc would first initiate the lovetalks. Well, about one or two talks the most.

Banters too, I'm working on it as well. Currently I'm prodding my head for nifty ideas on how banters with Jaheira and Minsc would play out. Got some idea already written but not finalized.

We'll post again, hopefully sooner :)

Hey everyone, its me again.

Okay, I'm still sorting out love talks progressions. I would just like to know If how many love talks are all-in-all plus the special ones both in SoA and ToB. Just to make sure I'm counting the right numbers :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance and If anyone have insights or suggestions or violent reactions, feel free to post :thumbsup:

What? Are you asking how many LTs BioWare romances have? Or how many LTs mod romances have? Or how many an NPC needs?

BioWare romances have 15-19 talks in SoA and 10 or so in ToB. Mod romances, no idea. Gavin has 23/17, Keldorn 39/16. Potential NPCs have as many as it takes to do the job.

Oh I see, thanks again berelinde!

I'm facing a dilemma... I guess it's really my fault. I was checking other npc mods and saw Jones's review for sister V's Angelo Mod. I was really surprised with how much in common Angelo's umm... "perks" with Valleth's so I guess I'll be rewriting some things then. I should've checked and played hers first. Sorry about this Sister V. I'll be more observant next time.

Hi everyone. It's 2 am here but unfortunately I can't fall asleep. This flu is giving me a migraine so here I am.

Anyway, just a quick call for help. I'm looking for some maps that I could add for the mod. Particularly one that looks like a place in hell and another one that looks like a prison or a dungeon of some sort. The "hell" I'm looking for is roughly the same size of the planar sphere hell. While the dungeon could be a small as a room in most houses.

If anyone got some suggestions or links for download, please post it here. Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Hi everyone. It's 2 am here but unfortunately I can't fall asleep. This flu is giving me a migraine so here I am.

Anyway, just a quick call for help. I'm looking for some maps that I could add for the mod. Particularly one that looks like a place in hell and another one that looks like a prison or a dungeon of some sort. The "hell" I'm looking for is roughly the same size of the planar sphere hell. While the dungeon could be a small as a room in most houses.

If anyone got some suggestions or links for download, please post it here. Thank you very much :thumbsup:

You might want to post about this at SHS, in the resource request and/or help wanted forum. That's all I could think of. Hope this helps.

Happy modding,

Eric

@Eric: Thanks, we'll try :thumbsup:

@berelinde: thanks for the help again! However, I'm looking for a map more dungeon-like than the one you have presented. Hmm... is it possible to reuse maps that are in-game? I'm guessing it is. If that's the case I would only need a hell-like map then.

A couple of questions:

I want to have custom voicing for Valleth and some more characters. I already know how to add voicing via .d or .tra with .ogg. What I don't know is how do I add voicing to Valleth himself- the voice when you click him or order him to do stuff. Where does that go? Also, how do I add a matching subtitles for that one? Just like a bioware npc.

With adding descriptions to an item: I know how to add descriptions via .tp2, that's not much of a problem. But how do I assign the same description to multiple items? I know this is mundane but I just want to ask it anyway. I don't want to have multiple entries of the same description in the .tlk file.

That's it for now. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

I want to have custom voicing for Valleth and some more characters. I already know how to add voicing via .d or .tra with .ogg. What I don't know is how do I add voicing to Valleth himself- the voice when you click him or order him to do stuff. Where does that go? Also, how do I add a matching subtitles for that one? Just like a bioware npc.

The default character voices' coding go into the .tp2 file.

Here's Coondred's .tp2:

COPY ~Coondred\CRE\QXCOON.cre~ ~override\QXCOON.cre~
 SAY NAME1 ~Coondred~
 SAY NAME2 ~Coondred~
 SAY INITIAL_MEETING ~Hello there. Can I help you?~
 SAY MORALE  ~Hide! Hide somewhere safe!~ [QXCON001]
 SAY HAPPY   ~We do such good things! I'm happy to be a part of this.~ [QXCON002]
 SAY UNHAPPY_ANNOYED  ~I'm not sure I like what we're doing...~ [QXCON003]
 SAY UNHAPPY_SERIOUS  ~Please, can't we change?~ [QXCON004]
 SAY UNHAPPY_BREAKING  ~I can't do this anymore.~ [QXCON005]
 SAY LEADER  ~Are you sure? I'm not exactly good at this.~ [QXCON006]
 SAY TIRED  ~Could we rest for a bit?~ [QXCON007]
 SAY BORED  ~There's not much to do, huh?~ [QXCON008]
 SAY BATTLE_CRY1  ~You will regret this.~ [QXCON009]
 SAY BATTLE_CRY2  ~By my tail, I won't let you win!~ [QXCON010]
 SAY BATTLE_CRY3  ~Aid me, my friends!~ [QXCON011]
 SAY BATTLE_CRY4  ~Step forward and be taken down.~ [QXCON012]
 SAY BATTLE_CRY5  ~This is not your lucky day!~ [QXCON013]
 SAY DAMAGE  ~Uh!~ [QXCON014]
 SAY DYING  ~Aahh...(gasp)...~ [QXCON015]
 SAY HURT  ~Please help me!~ [QXCON016]
 SAY AREA_FOREST  ~This place reminds me of home.~ [QXCON017]
 SAY AREA_CITY  ~I'm likely the only Fur here to walk the streets.~ [QXCON018]
 SAY AREA_DUNGEON  ~Be very very careful...~ [QXCON019]
 SAY AREA_DAY  ~Another sunny day. Aahh, smell the air.~ [QXCON020]
 SAY AREA_NIGHT  ~Good thing I'm nocturnal.~ [QXCON021]
 SAY SELECT_COMMON1  ~May I help you?~ [QXCON022]
 SAY SELECT_COMMON2  ~Yeees?~ [QXCON023]
 SAY SELECT_COMMON3  ~My ears itch to hear what you have to say.~ [QXCON024]
 SAY SELECT_COMMON4  ~See my tail wag? I'm happy!~ [QXCON025]
 SAY SELECT_COMMON5  ~Just say the word!~ [QXCON026]
 SAY SELECT_COMMON6  ~Aww c'mon, tell me!~ [QXCON027]
 SAY SELECT_ACTION1  ~Righty!~ [QXCON028]
 SAY SELECT_ACTION2  ~(giggle) This is fun!~ [QXCON029]
 SAY SELECT_ACTION3  ~Okay!~ [QXCON030]
 SAY SELECT_ACTION4  ~Mhm.~ [QXCON031]
 SAY SELECT_ACTION5  ~Anytime!~ [QXCON032]
 SAY SELECT_ACTION6  ~I smell something over there...~ [QXCON033]
 SAY SELECT_ACTION7  ~That's what I'm here for.~ [QXCON034]
 SAY SELECT_RARE1  ~No, I'm rooted to the ground. (giggle) Oh alright, for you I'll do anything.~ [QXCON035]
 SAY SELECT_RARE2  ~I'm not a treehugger, but I'll hug you.~ [QXCON036]
 SAY CRITICAL_HIT  ~I hope that hurt real bad!~ [QXCON037]
 SAY CRITICAL_MISS  ~Oh that was my mistake. Sorry...~ [QXCON038]
 SAY TARGET_IMMUNE  ~It's not working!~ [QXCON039]
 SAY INVENTORY_FULL  ~Nngg...too...heavy...~ [QXCON040]
 SAY SPELL_DISRUPTED  ~Aahh! I can't focus!~ [QXCON041]
 SAY SET_A_TRAP  ~Why am I doing this? I'm not a poacher at all!~ [QXCON042]
 SAY HIDDEN_IN_SHADOWS  ~Coons hide well... we're sneaky like that.~ [QXCON043]
 SAY PICKED_POCKET  ~So much for avoiding the stereotype...~ [QXCON044]
 SAY BIO ~When asked about his past, COONDRED sits and tells you...

What you do, is you copy your .cre file and add the voiced lines to it. For example:

"SAY CRITICAL_MISS ~Oh that was my mistake. Sorry...~ [QXCON038]"

Type of voiced line - The subtitles between tildas ~~ - The sound filename between brackets [] (no need to add .wav, .ogg or something)

Good luck with your mod. ^^ If you need a male voice, feel free to let me know. I'll be happy to lend my vocal chords to your cause.

Archived