Star Wars Episode III: Cam's Official Review

CamDawg

The storm troopers in IV - VI are still clones. One of the changes in Lucas' latest remake of IV-VI was to change the voices of the storm troopers to be identical.

Qui-Gon is not alive--I believe there's a misunderstanding there, but trying to clear it up might be spoilerish.

I still can't believe Yoda is Jar-Jar's father.

Since Lucas added suck that was not there before to IV-VI (including Stormtroopers being clones :thumbsup:), I find it extremely surprising that he actually made a whole movie from scratch that didn't suck. Do you think he actually listened to people who had watched the first movies?

I didn't think the stormtroopers were meant to be clones... where does that idea come from? The army from episode 1-3? Like Grim I'd assume they'd died/aged.

So did everyone else not named George Lucas. :thumbsup:

I also seem to have a dim memory of Han shooting Greedo first and some non-Hayden Christainsen (sp?) Annakin appearing at the very end of Episode VI. Then again, my memory's gotten a bit dim with age.

Well, that's an encouraging review.... I'll be walking in with less trepidation now. :thumbsup:

I still can't believe Yoda is Jar-Jar's father.

But why let that wonderful surprise out of the bag!?!? :)

Oh, and I swallowed the altered Boba Fett voice, I raised an eyebrow at the new Anakin ghost.... but that Greedo incident? AAAARRGH!

Heheh...my friends and I went to see it at 12:15 AM. I felt so cool...

:thumbsup:

I thought it was great. Dooku, though...man...I laughed.

Also, I was kind of confused how through basically the first half hour the droids became the Star Wars source of comic relief. What was up with that? Don't they mind whipe those guys? Honestly, George. Consistancey, consistancey. The Kashyyk (sp?) scene rocked, though. And the ending! Ha! So depressing....I loved it. If only Mark Hamil hadn't ruined the first three movies for me...

On the stormtroopers, errr... he didn't revoice them, I think. Pretty damn sure they aren't all kiwi in the original trilogy now.

Anakin's new ghost doesn't bother me at all really. I mean, surely he can choose how he looks, so he'd look how he was before everything that happened. I mean, he never looked like he does in the original end to RotJ, so why would he look like that in death? But anyway, this argument could go on for years.

Should we possibly split into a spoiler and non-spoiler topic?

Oh, it would probably be better for his death injuries to be healed. I'm just not sure about him being able to decide what he looks like. It's also possible that how he appears to the living has negligible effect on what the afterlife is like for him.

Guest Aristothenes

Re-clarified after looking around.

Storm Troopers - 3 types:

1) DNA from original Jango Fett

2) DNA from other humans

3) Standard-non-cloned conscripts.

There's no way they could sound alike, unless George was smoking teh crack.

And it seems Obi didn't know about Leia in Ep 3?!?!

Doesn't tie in with Ep. 4.

Otaku sounds like something fluffy and cute...  :thumbsup:  Unlike geek, which sounds just slimy.  :p

until you see the otaku no video by gainax which makes you cringe at being called one... :)

(no one is going to know what i am talking about... :) )

(and its quite well known that i am by far the worst anime otaku around here... :);):D )

Archived