Imoen the Bard

Hmm, it seems #144 (0x90) Button: Disable Button can't be applied to the Bard Song (or at least, it's not listed on the IESDP), so it looks like that particular disadvantage is out the window.

I'll probably just go with the Blade's "Bard Song does not improve with levels" instead.

Well the kits all have the same HLAs in unmodded BG2, and I didn't really take changes other mods make to HLAs into account. But future versions will probably give this kit its own set of HLAs.

Anyway, I've now uploaded v1.2 of the mod, which now includes several new "bonus" components. The changes:

- Fixed a bug that was causing a crash when you started a new SoA game. However, this means Chateau Irenicus Imoen's spellbook will be a bit messed up. Nothing to worry about though, it still has the correct number of slots.

- The Arcane Rogue now has a unique bard song which gives bonuses to allied thieves' abilities (except stealth).

- Added PnP Wizard spell table to the "PnP Bard Spell Table" component, and renamed it "PnP Arcane Spell Tables".

- Following a post over on TeamBG, I decided to add an "Endless SoA" component. This is completely untested, so use at your own risk :suspect:.

- Added "PnP Items of Protection - Armor" and "PnP Items of Protection - Shields" components. Hopefully I'll be to merge and expand these in the future.

Next version will likely have:

- Actual disadvantages for the kit

- A couple of new spells (most likely from IWD1 and/or 2)

- A new item

Haven't gotten around to the stuff mentioned in the previous post yet, but I've released v1.3 which has another bonus component. Does the initial "Ah! The child of Bhaal has awoken!" scene piss you off? Well, now you can rid of it with the handy "Remove the First Cutscene"! :suspect:

V1.4 released! New stuff:

- Disadvantages for the kit! Now Imoen the Arcane Rogue will only get 3 lore per level (as opposed to 10), and she'll only be able to be proficient in the weapons a thief/mage can use (in other words, she can't place any stars in bastard swords, axes, two-handed swords, warhammers, spears, halberds, flails/morningstars, maces, or longbows.

- New Items component. Currently includes Boots of Protection +1 & 2, Helmets of Protection +1 & 2, Amulet of Protection +2 and "The Ring of the Mystic Bards".

Because the mod's getting so much Imoen unrelated stuff, I'm probably going to rename it for the next version. NMTweak probably, unless I can come up with something more original :). Anyway, this is what v1.5 of the mod will likely add:

- New Arcane Spells (for general use as well as a couple unique to Imoen the Bard).

- More items added to the New Items component, plus new .bams for the existing ones.

- A suprise component :suspect:

Buck Naked: not sure what you mean. The only place I can see that tells you where to download the mod is the first post in this thread, and the download is right there ;).

Scott3614: No, it just means SoA doesn't end after you defeat Ireniucs for the final time and return to Suldanessellar.

You know, there are a number of pointers to the downloads page for this file on the website, but the actual file isn't even on the downloads page...!  ;)

Before I can add it to the main site, I need a bit more info from a certain person (don't want to use names, let's just call him or her mIghtnare).

Archived