Bugs Reports - v8

Hi,

I'm currently playing with Kivan v8 in my party and found one minor bug:

- in De'Arnise keep, Kivan thanks Captain Arat for the arrows before Captain Arat gives them the player (which basically gives: Kivan "Thank you for those arrows..." and then Captain Arat "Here are some arrows..." which then get added to the inventory).

I'll continue to report any more bugs if I find them.

I don't understand this one, to be honest. It goes:

I_C_T2 KPCAPT01 11 P#KivanArat
== P#KIVJ  IF ~InParty("P#kivan") InMyArea("P#KIVAN")~ THEN @651
END

Where:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 11 // from: 49.1

SAY #39798 /* ~Just be sure you've acid or fire at your disposal. Trolls will not fall to anything else. May the gods go with you. Take these arrows, they might help.~ */

IF ~~ THEN DO ~GiveItemCreate("arow08",[PC],20,0,0)~ JOURNAL #20986 /* ~The de'Arnise Keep has been invaded.

I've been told that to kill a troll you must use fire against them when they fall down. Otherwise they'll get up again.~ */ FLAGS 128 EXIT

END

I don't understand why the interjections triggers before the line. I will ask in the Gibb forum, because it keeps being reported over and over, and I can't see what's wrong with it.

Okay, the mystery is solved. It is something that happens because of the Fixpack (from Cam):

To fix the infinite arrow exploit, Fixpack moves the actual arrow giving into a new state. State 11 is "Just be sure you've acid or fire at your disposal. Trolls will not fall to anything else. May the gods go with you." If arrows have been given, the dialogue ends, if not the next state is "Take these arrows, they might help."

EDIT: Cam says they'd change the fix a bit to keep the original state as it were, so that will fix the issue once it's done.

Great!

I found a few typos, all in the same banter: "that" repeated two times (where only one was necessary), "diety" instead of "deity" and a few more.

Actually, I can't remember if it's in a banter with Jaheira or during the "arrows talk" that triggers when you rest in de'Arnise keep. I had at least three banters/talks with Kivan in a few minutes, so I'm not sure. But I remember thinking it was weird as the writing was perfect since I picked up Kivan and suddenly, I noticed a few typos all in the same banter.

I did mass search and replace through all the TRAs and found only one case of diety (a standard misspelling or me, I need to put a sticker with this word on my screen.)

Interestingly, there were 3 cases of double that:

~Do you imply that that wish for me to be in her place? I wish that myself.~

~So we ran. Soon it became obvious from the tracks that that we were gaining on three of the orcs who did not return to the mountains, but ventured deeper into the forest either in search of more prey or scouting the reaches.~

~At first I thought that that I was bound by Sheverash to the Material Plain, and I rebelled against what I perceived as his will.~

I corrected all three locally. As for other typos, I really can't do much about it unless they are reported or someone gives yet another sweep to the TRAs :)

~At first I thought that that I was bound by Sheverash to the Material Plain, and I rebelled against what I perceived as his will.~

Yep, it was this one that I spotted. I also think that "Material Plain" should be "Material Plane", am I wrong?

I'll continue to report any bugs/typos I find.

Hi, and sorry to bother again, but I think I've found a bug. It happens in ToB, during the Kiser/Ardic quest. All is well till any of the party members talks to Ardic and he gives his "thank you for rescuing me" speech. When I do talk to him, Kivan interjects with a line about death and infamy (117 in (P#KI25J), and then, instead of Ardic teleporting himself out of the dungeon, Kivan's paper doll disappears and his portrait, though still in party, becomes impossible to select. I've tried to kick him out of the party (nothing happens, his portrait remains, and it's still unselectable), talk to him (can't click the portrait), attack him (can't even point at the portrait), telling him his voice sounded strange before talking to Ardic, in short, everything which I could think of (which is not much) but the same thing happens every time I talk to Ardic: I cannot select him anymore and even if I move the party to Pocket Plane, he does not follow. If, however, I am trying to exit the area, I get the "you must gather your party" thingy. Which sort of leads me to believe that Kivan moved to a different area?If I talk to Ardic again after Kivan's disappearance, he gives me the same "thank you, I'll leave now" speech which he gave just before when I first talked to him, only that this time there is no more interjection from Kivan and Ardic teleports away.

Please help. :cry:

I really hope you haven't started to hate me by now for all my frantic posting, but I think I have encountered another problem. It's about Kivan's HLAs. Even if I select new ones with each level up, they are not listed at all under his special abilities button (or whatever the star shaped one is called). When I click it, I only get the five HLAs he's had for ages now, but none of the new ones I have selected. Has this been reported before or is it a feature of the Archer kit that I am unfamiliar with, i.e., even if I select new HLAs at each level up, he stays with the same ones he's had when he was smaller level? I mean, is he supposed, as an archer, to have only 1 Smite ability, only 1 Whirlwind attack, but no Greater Whirlwind attack, for instance? Even if the game does allow me to select Greater Whirlwind at level up?

I really hope you haven't started to hate me by now for all my frantic posting

Oh, gods, no :cry:

I have no idea about how HLAs work, but I think what you are seeing is either the game's default behavoir or any other mod that actually deals with HLAs or kits, or whatever interfereing. I never really put anything non-standard on his creature.

Oh, gods, no :cry:

Heh, that's a relief to hear. ;) I know I can be quite annoying with my questions.

I have no idea about how HLAs work, but I think what you are seeing is either the game's default behavoir or any other mod that actually deals with HLAs or kits, or whatever interfereing. I never really put anything non-standard on his creature.

Understood, thanks for your answer. I asked at the Bioware forums, because I thought that if this is what the specific behaviour of the Archer kit, they will know. I can't tell for myself, 'cause I never played with an Archer before. :D I don't think that I have any Mod which alters HLAs / kits 'cause all I have installed are Kelsey, Kivan, Ascension and NPC Flirt Packs.

Archived