Mod Compatibility List for EET

The dependencies and conflicts you mentioned are a BWS problem and should be solved within BWS, right?

No because only author knows which component has conflict with other mod components. There must be atleast basic investigation preformed.

No, because conflicts are usally documented in READMEs and a basic investigation is already done.

No, because conflicts are usally documented in READMEs and a basic investigation is already done.

Right, so a doctor can diagnose any decease you have without lab tests, talking to you or batting an eye on your direction. Realize: You live in a fantasy environment, but megamodders don't have the afford to do such ..

Which is why there's the BiG World Fixpack in the first place.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I'd like to go back to the original question.

The purpose of the "Mod Compatibility List" was to gather information about EET ready mods. Everyone with a git account can update the list. There is no approval process. Everybody can update the list, but who should? The mod author only?

I'd like to go back to the original question.

The purpose of the "Mod Compatibility List" was to gather information about EET ready mods. Everyone with a git account can update the list. There is no approval process. Everybody can update the list, but who should? The mod author only?

There is approval process, git doesn't allow fly-by modification.

This is a bit of a mixed bag.

Until now the mod compatibility list has been an open list that just contained *information about EET ready mods*.

Nevertheless, EET has now reached a status and a significant amount of mod candidates where dependencies and install order become an issue.

So, the question is whether the list remains just an overview about everything that is there - or do we expect some type of quality control for mods that are known to cause issues or are creating conflicts or is that for any user to find out by themself?

An open list is fine, if it is understood in that way. Otherwise this forum will soon be flooded with EET related error reports that are in fact caused by borked mod installations.

jastey requested uploading what have been already done when it comes to previously mentioned backward compatible EE update for NTotSC (BGT version)

Just for info: I am working on this now. There is a first beta available here. I will open a thread here and on SHS once I solved BG:EE compatibility (and hopefully got first test reults.)

jastey requested uploading what have been already done when it comes to previously mentioned backward compatible EE update for NTotSC (BGT version)

Just for info: I am working on this now. There is a first beta available here. I will open a thread here and on SHS once I solved BG:EE compatibility (and hopefully got first test reults.)

Some questions - the post in the link is in german and that is not my native language, so maybe I misunderstood some things.

- The EET version is based on K4thos' version that was never released and tested instead of the EET-interim version that has worked well with EET so far. Is that done for backward compatibility with classic game or for other reasons (there is a stable version for classic game and not much reason to replace it)?

- from the german description it sounds like there were changes made to original (previous) contents, is that correct?

- Keelor the injured dwarf is optional and may not be found in Northern Wood if component is not selected, or does that refer to some additional content for Keelor?

- The book of Unknowing quest sounds like it has been changed as well?

- To what extend have dialogues been re-done? Can a mod the appends/interjects to original dialogues still find the references or will it fail.

- Is the worldmap feature restricted to those areas listed, i.e are the island and the Temple of Back Hand still having their quest restrictions?

- what are the further plans for this mod version? (Obviously I am very much concerned since all three parts of the Sandrah Saga rely on NTotSC and massive changes to that mods were not expected anymore - looks like my whole mod series may need to be withdrawn after all..)

Edit - forgot Northern Citadel, it is not mentioned in the linked post. Is it accessible prior Duke Eltan giving the quest? Have content/dialogues been changed?

Edited by Roxanne

@Jastey does this version you're working on is EET compatible too (or only BGEE compatible)?

Sorry, I didn't mean to start confusion with my link.

The version is BGT and EET compatible. It is meant to replace the current BGT version(s). There were many bugfixes as well as improvements in quest flow (but no crucial change in quest design other than opening the quest up as specified below).
I am working on BG:EE compatibility of this version, but there I'll need more time to check and substitute BGII ressources.

All known bugs and fixes were addressed. I also scanned the interims version directly as well as looked at the changes on the GitHub for fixes.

One major change is that the mod is no longer dependent on DSotSC. If k4thos' DSotSC is installed, it will be considered concerning items in shops and areas. If not, these items won't be in the game.

The mod has now one basic component and 6 optional components that cannot be installed without the main component. Idea for this was that these encounters are restored by other mods as well so the player will have the choice which ones they want in the future. If these components are not installed the according encounter will not be present in the game. If they are installed, they occur as in the original. (Will is an own component of other reasons.)

--Keelor the Dwarf
--Pilar and Gheldehar
--Nim Furlwing
--Llindellyn's Lucky Arrow
--Svlast's Torment
--Will O'Hara NPC

Journal system was implemented with UNSOLVED/SOLVED entries. Some new entries were added to make the quest flow more clear.

The areas "Northers Coast", "Northern Forest" and "Wood of the Dead" will be open by adjacent areas. (Before, the area "Northern Forest" would only show after Haebal gave the quest for Fey'doch's Bow). I improved the worldmap links so the areas are accessible by more adjacent areas. The other quest areas ("Field of the Dead", "Northern Citadel", "Temple of the Black Hand" will only show if revealed by quest givers:

Trouble at the Northern Coast: This area will be available either by travelling East from Ulgoth's Beard to the area and talking to the fishermen, or by meeting Nadalin in Baldur's Gate

Fields of the Dead: The area will be available either by talking to Yness in Ulgoth's Beard or meeting Kuldor in the Wood of the Dead. (next version: after talking to Ice Salamander Meander, too.)

Temple of the Black Hand: Area will be revealed after talking to Reedrig in Ulgoth's Beard (after fighting the original game cult). If Reedrig died in the Orc cave in the Fields of the Dead, the cult leader in Ulgoth's Beard will have a map that shows the location of the temple (opens area as well).

Mystery at the Northern Citadel: quest starts if Duke Eltan tells the player to investigate the Iron Throne (no change here).

The quest "The Book of the Unknowing" will now start with the real game Shaella in the Blade and Stars. Hasdar therefore stands in front of Blade and Stars on the streets. The quest can now be achieved as soon as the PC talked to Shaella. (PC spent his whole life in Candlekeep so there is no need to restrict the "I searched Candlekeep" answer to after Chapter 6/7). Also, the area with the Book (the Pass) can be discovered by the player by chance and no longer only after talking to Oupaste. This means that the player can discover the Book of teh Unknowing even before talking to Hasdar or Haeball. All possible quest flows are considered with according reply options.

Roxanne: Let me know where Sandrah Mod depends on NTotSC ressources and I will provide the information. I worked mainly with the version k4thos provided so I am not aware what changed according to item and cre names, but they all have a prefix now (except for few exceptions). I noticed that k4thos added the "NT" prefix to variables, too.

My aim is to improve the mod experience, not drive other modders into frustration.

I will open the testing to English forums once I figured the BGEE version. The work for this is a bit tedious but i hope I'll have it by next weekend.

- To what extend have dialogues been re-done? Can a mod the appends/interjects to original dialogues still find the references or will it fail.

Missed to answer this. I took great care not to change existing dialogue states, except for adding more reply options. If I needed a different order of states, I introduced WEIGHTs to achieve this. Reply options were only added to the bottom of the states, not above existing ones. More states were added were needed (e.g. for quest-interim situations). I really hope I did this in a compatible manner with existing interjections of other mods. You'd need to check whether the dlg-file names are the same, still. As I said, k4thos introduced the "NT" prefix and I'm not aware whether the files had it in the BGT version, too.

Edited by jastey

Missed to answer this. I took great care not to change existing dialogue states, except for adding more reply options. If I needed a different order of states, I introduced WEIGHTs to achieve this. Reply options were only added to the bottom of the states, not above existing ones. More states were added were needed (e.g. for quest-interim situations). I really hope I did this in a compatible manner with existing interjections of other mods. You'd need to check whether the dlg-file names are the same, still. As I said, k4thos introduced the "NT" prefix and I'm not aware whether the files had it in the BGT version, too.

Thank you for your very detailed response. Grave news indeed.

This is not an EE compatibility update including overdue fixpack issues but a re-worked mod.

- renamed all globals

- added weighted new dialogue states

- new travel system including new entries into areas

- the Keelor component made component

This is a bitter pill to swallow. It is *My aim is to improve the mod experience,* vs compatibility - but I agree that my mods are probably the only ones impacted by this (with DSotSC made independent).

I have made the Sandrah mod very modular, i.e. it checks for other mods presence and if found, the respective package is installed. This is done for all but 4 or 5 mods that are REQUIRE_PREDICATE. Too bad NTotSC is one of them.

A few more detailed question concerning new NTotSC version and compatibility issues:

Quest re-sequencing (Folder Base/d/NTHasdar.d)
-----------------
Global("NTTalkedToHasdar","GLOBAL") >>> the new values have been inserted and former values been moved up. Is it not possible to add new conditions to the end instead of changing existing sequence? There is never an IncrementGobal used in the mod, so why not just use absolute values. Even negative values are possible. Now all scripts looking for the original values will return with false results.

Consequently ar61pb.baf now uses revised values and uses another increment of the global (now 5 when Hasdar spawns at temple). Could have used original global and local area increment for spawning.
>>> the new numbering system may have more side effects in other scripts and dialogues,

is there a way to find those?

General
-----------
Does a list of renamed globals (including area specific locals) exist?

Are there other Globals like the Global("NTTalkedToHasdar","GLOBAL") where a global is not only renamed by adding NT but a whole new numbering system for the quest is introduced?

Folder Keelor
-----------------

NTKeelor.cre has NTkeelor.bcs assigned which does not exist

ar01pb_keelor.baf has OnCreation() without needing it. It may even delay/prevent creature spawning. Removing it is an improvement.

Folder TIS/ee
-----------------
To be checked BG3400 (ar3400) and BG1010 may need Tis+PVRZ due to new entrances added

Folder Base/d

--------------------

Why the strange use of WEIGHT in the d-files. You add weight to appended states BUT at the same time move them to the top of the file, This means the new block at the top will compile as State 0 and moving others down AND is also weighted to be evaluated first (which it will do anyway.) This assures incompatibility with any mod trying to add to that dialog.

Folder Base/d/NTHaebal.d

-------------------------------------

The file contains Global("NTTalkedToReedig","GLOBAL"). Is this replacement for original Global("TalkedToReedigInBeard","GLOBAL") or is this a different one? In case of replacement, is the numbering of events also changed?

Can you confirm that globals have simply be renamed by adding NT or is there more change to global's names?

Folder worldmap/eet/links.tbl

Just seeking confirmation if I understand the transits correctly:

All entries into AR60pb (The Cult Temple of Black Hand) are always to the western/middle entrance (named Exit2900), including the new transits from DSotSC areas. The only other entry into the area is from the inside of the temple? Means, you are never dropped at the southern, northern or eastern edge of the area.

Edited by Roxanne

Roxanne:

Does a list of renamed globals (including area specific locals) exist?

I'm writing one and will post it soon, and hope that the other questions concerning the variables will be answered then.

NTKeelor.cre has NTkeelor.bcs assigned which does not exist

The ntkeelor.baf is in the keelor subfolder and triggers his dialogue if the PC first heals him and then attacks him.

ar01pb_keelor.baf has OnCreation() without needing it. It may even delay/prevent creature spawning. Removing it is an improvement.

"OnCreation()" is removed for next version, thank you.

To be checked BG3400 (ar3400) and BG1010 may need Tis+PVRZ due to new entrances added

In BG3400 the entrance is in a crack of the great stones and an NPC in front tells the player that there is a cave. Was the tis changed in the original mod version? I only know this one and I think it's straight forward to find the cave entrance. EDIT: My bad, it's even better than that. From k4thos' notes.

- NTotSC no longer overwrites Temple area TIS file. Entrance to the cave is patched in as static BAM animation added to the ARE (looks exactly the same)

BG1010 is not changed by NTotSC?

Why the strange use of WEIGHT in the d-files. You add weight to appended states BUT at the same time move them to the top of the file, This means the new block at the top will compile as State 0 and moving others down AND is also weighted to be evaluated first (which it will do anyway.) This assures incompatibility with any mod trying to add to that dialog.

I' m not sure what you mean. I inserted WEIGHTs so the ordering of the states does *not* change. WEIGHTed dialogue states do not get compiled before the others, they are only called with higher priority if the conditions are met. The numbering of the dialogue states and also the situation in which the dialogue states are called did not change, I only weighted some instances with higher priority (for example, the CHARMED states were somewhere further down the d-file, so I gave them high WEIGHTs so the player actually sees them and not the normal dialogue.). The order of the states should not have changed. If this is the case then it's a mistake and I need to reverse it.

Folder worldmap/eet/links.tbl
Just seeking confirmation if I understand the transits correctly:
All entries into AR60pb (The Cult Temple of Black Hand) are always to the western/middle entrance (named Exit2900), including the new transits from DSotSC areas. The only other entry into the area is from the inside of the temple? Means, you are never dropped at the southern, northern or eastern edge of the area.

Yes, this is true. I didn't add or delete any exits, only worked with what is there.

Edited by jastey