[Possible Spoilers] gaving related npc not appearing

Talys

Once in Gavin's village, I agree to go with him visit his parents, but once I force the door of the house next to the lake open, it's empty, and nothing ever happens. I didn't make the bandits quest yet, could it come from that ?

Thanks for reading !

Once in Gavin's village, I agree to go with him visit his parents, but once I force the door of the house next to the lake open, it's empty, and nothing ever happens. I didn't make the bandits quest yet, could it come from that ?

Thanks for reading !

Something did not trigger correctly in the area script - the door should be open (no need to force it). And two people should be in there.

IF

AreaCheck("ARU000")

Global("B!EvieExists","GLOBAL",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("B!EvieExists","GLOBAL",1)

CreateCreature("B!EVIE",[1000.200],0) // Evie

END

IF

AreaCheck("ARU000")

Global("B!DarlosExists","GLOBAL",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("B!DarlosExists","GLOBAL",1)

CreateCreature("B!DARLOS",[1000.200],0) // Darlos

END

IF

AreaCheck("ARU000")

Global("B!UnlockDoor","GLOBAL",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Unlock("Door1007")

SetGlobal("B!UnlockDoor","GLOBAL",1)

END

There may be something added by another mod that prevents this to happen.

You should check this with CluaConsole

GetGlobal("B!UnlockDoor","GLOBAL")

If this is not 1 then you should post your aru000.bcs here

Thanks I'm gonna have a look at that ! I think I only have mod "Isra" companion still installed aside of Gavin.

If I remove Isra I still have the bug. I will check the console thing.

Isra can be excluded, I would say - she does not impact this area script. It may be another mod than NPC mod that impacts it - or your Gavin install was not correct (just looking at those other problems you posted with installation issues).

I'm trying clean reinstall, because no matter what I can't seem to access the console (despite the help found online on that topic.) My version is french, and I used an unofficial patch that correct the "placeholder" replacing many words in the 2.0 version of BG:EE (french), so who know if it didn't screw something...

Thanks for the help !

I'm trying clean reinstall, because no matter what I can't seem to access the console (despite the help found online on that topic.) My version is french, and I used an unofficial patch that correct the "placeholder" replacing many words in the 2.0 version of BG:EE (french), so who know if it didn't screw something...

Thanks for the help !

In 2.0 you need to enable the console in baldur.lua (not ini anymore). Open with wordpad and add

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')

SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Cheats','1')

Do that after you first started the game - leave the game again - then do the editing (otherwise it will be overwritten when the game first starts and stores your system settings)

When you open the console in game you need to enter

e.g. C:GetGlobal("B!UnlockDoor","GLOBAL")

Archived