• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 berelinde

berelinde

The Typo Queen

• Gibberlings
  • 8594 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:08 AM

Don't complain. I don't look that good on a good day ;)
Must. Write. Faster.

cmorgan: "None of us get old around here, just more proficient at doing more stuff with less braincells!"

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#17 Meira

Meira

I'm the snow on your lips

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 1987 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 02:33 PM

I'll make a meaningful post:

;)
Ihmeellinen meri

Kummalliset kalat liukuvat syvyydessä,
tuntemattomat kukat loistavat rannalla;
olen nähnyt punaista ja keltaista ja kaikki toiset värit -
mutta ihana meri on vaarallista nähdä,
se herättää tulevien seikkailujen janon:
mitä on tapahtunut sadussa, on tapahtuva minullekin.

- Edith Södergran

Amber - The BG2 NPC Mod Project Now released!
Amber's discussion forum at Gibberlings 3

#18 Andyr

Andyr

HELLO EVERYBODY

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 4534 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 03:37 PM

I'm glad you went to Jekyll and Hyde's; that place is brilliant. How many of the cocktails did you get through?
Since you're here, download G3 mods please...

Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

The most reliable way to get hold of me is via email (button when viewing my profile).

#19 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4782 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 04:18 PM

£8.25 for a bottle of Jacob's Creek? What sort of dodgy suds shop did you take him to?

The Eagle and Child.

Now that I've read about it and seen the external photo, I'm pretty sure I've been there... ages ago though. Then again, I've been known to get my pubs confused. ;)
Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#20 Idobek

Idobek

Dust Bunny

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 1001 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 05:24 PM

I am due to meet Cam in London on Sunday (today). Unfortunately I haven't had any communication with him since Thursday and "London on Sunday" is unlikely to result in a meeting without more detail to the plan. Hopefully I shall be able to contact him in the morning.
Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

#21 cmorgan

cmorgan

journeyman investigator

• Gibberlings
  • 7097 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:12 PM

Bloody hell, that is a terrible photo!

ummm... Alarielle... don't take this wrong or anything, I am a happily married middle aged dude with two puppies and a house payment, but...

are you joking?

If that is you on a *bad* day, all I can say is Mr. (or Ms.) Alarielle is one lucky dude/dudette. Unless of course you were worried about us internet stalking you, or something ;)

Glad you folks are posting this stuff. It is nice to be able to live vicariously through you folks (until my wife and I can save up enough to visit the extended family in Bristol and Derby!).
I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by. - Douglas Adams

#22 Alarielle

Alarielle
  • Modders
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:17 AM

I feel like I should make a more constructive post. :D

The Dawg was good fun. ^_^ Anyone who will go for a (well, effectively) 7am Guinness can't be bad. Plus he didn't complain about me attempting to fall asleep during lunch - although I think it should be noted that CamDawg and Grim poked/kicked me to wake me up :D ;)

A thoroughly good time was had. ;)

#23 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:38 AM

;) !!

Nice pictures! ^_^

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4782 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:24 PM

(until my wife and I can save up enough to visit the extended family in Bristol and Derby!).

Urk. I hope your prospective itinerary includes other locations in Britain as well. Practically any other locations. :p No offense to anyone from either of those places. But I had the misfortune to be forced into several months of hard labour in Derby... aside from the job itself being dismal and dreary, the town (at least the part I was in) was a filthy industrial pit... a bit like Gary, Indiana or Elizabeth, NJ... or Dante's Inferno. The best thing I recall about it was the Bass Brewery (which isn't even in Derby, but a few miles away in Burton-on-Trent).
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#25 berelinde

berelinde

The Typo Queen

• Gibberlings
  • 8594 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:00 PM

a filthy industrial pit... a bit like Gary, Indiana or Elizabeth, NJ... or Dante's Inferno.

Wow. I lived in Elizabeth for about a year and a half, within sight of the Anheuser-Bush brewery and definitely within scent of both the Bayway Refinery and the Arthur Kill Landfill. That is grim. Oh, you're close to Manhattan, all right, but most people do not care for an urban, industrial landscape. But I am glad you didn't say New Jersey as a whole. I live in the northwestern part of the state, and it's beautiful.
Must. Write. Faster.

cmorgan: "None of us get old around here, just more proficient at doing more stuff with less braincells!"

berelinde's mods

#26 Lemernis

Lemernis
  • Modders
  • 1185 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:14 PM

Very true, New Jersey has a terrible image from that awful stretch of Turnpike in the Newark/Elizabeth area. You've all seen it displayed in the introduction to the Sopranos. But in fact New Jersey is something like 44% woodlands. And a lot of it is beautifully picturesque, rolling farmland intermingling with woods (it's not called the Garden State for nothing).
Keeping Yoshimo (story and dialogues)

#27 Andyr

Andyr

HELLO EVERYBODY

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 4534 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:55 PM

Bristol's pretty cool... I've only been through Derby on the train, though.
Since you're here, download G3 mods please...

Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

The most reliable way to get hold of me is via email (button when viewing my profile).

#28 Alarielle

Alarielle
  • Modders
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:11 PM

Derby is a hole of the shit variety :p

#29 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4782 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:46 PM

Wow. I lived in Elizabeth for about a year and a half...

Crikey. I didn't think anyone actually *lived* in Elizabeth... thought it was one big refinery. :p Though I had a friend who stayed in a dodgy motel there for a few days and feared for her life and sanity.

But I am glad you didn't say New Jersey as a whole. I live in the northwestern part of the state, and it's beautiful.

Er... *considers trashing the whole state* nah... it's not bad up there. I'm just not crazy about the industrial area around Newark. And yeah, it might be the Garden State, but there's places in the south central part of the state that look straight out of "Deliverance." Unfortunately I've had to do hard time there too (no, not in jail... just seemed like it :p). Though I guess this is getting way off-off-topic.

#30 berelinde

berelinde

The Typo Queen

• Gibberlings
  • 8594 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:52 PM

I remember Devon, Somerset and Cornwall as very, very nice. :p

Hopefully, CamDawg is taking lots of photographs.
Must. Write. Faster.

berelinde's mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users