[closed]BGQE v9 open beta (for BG1:TotSC, Tutu, BGT, BG:EE): Download

BGQE v9 is now available as open beta. It is compatible with BG:EE, as well.

Version 9 contains the long aimed-at changes:

• NPC reactions for all official NPCs (including the BG:EE ones)
  • "Babysitting in Nashkel" has an evil quest path now: Evil PCs can bully the mother away. Heads up though, because there is always someone who is ready to stand up for a frightened mother with little children!
  • "Monsters in Nashkel": Quest extention. The PC now meets the person who ordered the wyvern egg, and he is not pleased with what he got instead!
  • New encounter: "Drunk near Beregost Temple". This is an extention for the already existing drunk near the Beregost Temple. My PC felt responsible for the poor fool, so now the temple can be asked for his protection. Or the PC can simply decide to do the wolves' job himself.
  • Easter Egg quest. Make sure to have Minsc in your group when you talk to one of the new merchants at the Nashkel Carnival. The quest will start about a day later. I don't want to spoiler too much but make sure Minsc has a lot of space in his inventory. Oh, and Imoen will like it!
  • The Bjornin Extention is now moved to the (soon available) RE BG1 mod (Romantic Encouters for BG1). That is where it did belong all along.
  • Many corrections in the crossplatform-lib files
Language versions are English and German until there are translations for the new content.

The install is divided into single components that can be installed individually.

Since this is a beta version there could still be bugs, please report them here and I'll do my best to fix them fast. Also, if you have suggestions concerning the NPC interjections (do the reactions fit the characters?), let me know.

[Download removed]

One thing that's happening for me is that I'm trying to install this on BGEE, but it seems like it's noticing I have it installed in TUTU (though I tried uninstalling it there to see if it helped- nada) and is being panicky about that.

The exact error for the Slime quest install, for example, is:

BG:EE detected.

Appending to files ...

ERROR: BIFF [d:\black isle\TUTUUUU\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF] has file entries 0--433, cannot extract file at entry 490 <this BIFF and your KEY file don't match>

ERROR: BIFF [d:\black isle\TUTUUUU\/DATA/DEFAULT.BIF]: unable to extract file 490

ERROR locating resource for 'APPEND'

Resource [sTATE.IDS] not found in KEY file:

[./chiten.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

Stopping installation because of error.

I'm using the Steam version, so my chiten.key is directly in my main folder.

It installs perfectly fine to tutu, by the way. No issues there, so I'll check out the non-BGEE kids reactions. :)

The beta was successfully installed on two (Beamdog) BG:EE versions. I have no idea what the error messages you posted mean. It seems to recognise the BG:EE, though, as it is stated in the text. Did you (successfully) install other mods to your BG:EE game? If yes, would you please post your weidu.log?

Thank you for trying it out!

All I had was Isra installed, so my WEIDU log wasn't much to look like. I found that no other mod was working though, suddenly, so I reinstalled the whole enhanced edition and it all worked great. I have no idea what that error was, but it was giving me the same one when I tried my own mod and Vynd and Valerie, so I'll just chalk it up to some sort of BGEE induced weirdness and leave it to be.

Thoughts.

++ C#Q01001 - Kaigan uses 'yer' instead of 'your'. The 'do you' doesn't really make sense, either: dwarves English is odd, but that just doesn't seem to flow. I'd stick with 'are you'.

++ On the same character, I'm not sure he'd really be interested in slaughtering the full family in the lost necklace quest. For a neutral evil dwarf, Kaigan seems surprisingly not bloodthirsty. Trying to get more money out of them, definitely, but slaughtering them? Not sure he would be interested, unless he got some money out of it.

++ C#Q04003, Dyna should probably say 'I am sorry for the wife and child, having such a husband and a father.' rather then just simply a father- makes it sound like the man is the father of the wife.

++ C#Q04008, the line 'I don't feel good about this egg stone. It seems a powerful magical item, though... Maybe that is the problem.' seems a bit modern for Dyna. I'm horrible at writing her, though, but my suggestion is try to avoid contractions, and avoid eclipses, parentheses, and semi-colons when writing her. All those make her sound a touch too modern.

++ C#Q05004 (phrase 3), Neera and Rasaad are both sporting the same line- 'Did you have your fun? Because for you, it might have been a short moment of fun to yell this news into the crowd, but for the mother it is great cause of inconvenience! I wished you would have shown more respect towards people already shaken by destiny as they were - especially if they have asked you to!'. I don't think that's meant to be.

++C#Q07001 'His parents are both of human appearance? Some freaks of nature are hard to explain.'. I don't think Jaheria would ever call someone or something a freak of nature. Accident of nature, perhaps. It still works for the Imoen/Faldorn dialog, by expressing her dislike, but doesn't go too far as to imply nature made someone 'wrongly'.

++ Same phrase, Dorn- It is a disgrace his half-ord heritage shows as it does. Needs to be orc.

There are a few cases of lines seeming somewhat iffy, but I'm no expert at writing the BG1NPC's (especially Monty: what the hell is up with his accent, seriously, I have no idea how to write that guy). I'm unsure if you want opinions on those, so I just offered the Kaigan one. Overall, though, I think it looks pretty good. Looking forward to playing it. :)

Would you allow cross-mod with this? As in, could I make a cross-mod with my NPC commenting on the quests as well? I have a feeling these are going to become a regular feature in almost everyone's BG game (if they aren't already... I always used them), and I think it would be fun.

As a side note, in case anyone else runs in to weird install errors like I did when trying to install this or another BGEE mod, I figured out what the problem is: having a baldur.ini file (stolen from my tutu install) in the main BGEE folder so I could look things up in Infinity Explorer. Sort of weird at first thought (though it made more sense after some consideration), but once I got rid of it, everything installed perfectly- when I had it there, all mods gave me bizarre syntax errors and generic errors of weirdness.

++ DRUNK 13, DORN - should be '<CHARNAME>, have you COMPLETELY GONE SILLY?' rather then are. Or 'are you COMPLETELY SILLY'.

++ DRUNK 7, Xzar- that line honestly sounds more like Edwin then Xzar, I think. It seems a bit too structured and reasonable, though the sentiment is perfectly fine.

++ MinscJ 37 (the two hamsters part), this is very nitpicky- 'Do we have enough food for two? I have some nuts here, but I wanted to spare them in case... Er, Minsc, you give me a call, alright?' sounds very modern to American ears, due to our long association with call = phone. 'you ring me a bell, alright?' might sound better, as that was a common enough medieval practice and already fits with Neera's other lines. That's really like, the ultimateness of nitpicky, though.

++ MinscJ 40 (the baby hamsters part), Minsc should probably say 'Ah, baby hamsters.'

++ C#Q01001 10, Yeslick- sigh and gasps and the like generally fall out of the normal sentence structure in the BG games. So maybe sentence, sigh, sentence, rather then the sigh within the first sentence?

++ C#Q01001 10, Tiax - 'Tiax has decided to leave this man as a slime', I think.

++ C#Q01001 15, Monty- I'm unsure if someone from his roots would even know what 'unctous' means: it's no cant word, and it's pretty unusual. Maybe switch him and Xzar, with Xzar saying unctous while Monty sticks with greasy?

++ C#Q02005, 21 - Monty, should be 'prize for riddle solving'.

++ C#Q02005 23, Skie's thank you to Eldoth has no period.

++ C#Q04003 (5, actually, phase 4), Dorn- '...continuing with the family, ...'

Kagain's lines could use a look at, too, with all the yours/yers and the general gruffness. I thought Monty was written fine, although I suppose there could be more random words randomly substituted with other words as he speaks whatever the hell accent he's supposed to be speaking. I really like the way you write Dorn paticularly, for some reason. His lines amused me.

Some suggestions for the English translation.

c#q04eggdelivery.tra:

@37 = ~Does that mean it was a lucky coincidence we already killed that other wyvern in Nashkell, or it would have been one *more* in here?~

Nashkell -> Nashkel

@59 = ~Let me have a look at that stone. This is something for a, let us say, intelectually favored mind. Hm, yes, that looks like an egg...~

intelectually -> intellectually

@73 = ~No, you get out of here with that thing in your backpack! I cannot risk having a wratih spider hatch in here!~

wratih -> wraith

@82 = ~No, I don't want it to be preserved. A wrath spider, you say?~

@98 = ~Melicamp, you are a chicken. Ha! I had to say that. A wrath spider is nothing to be afraid of for one of our trade.~

wrath -> wraith

c#q01001.tra:

@89 = ~Kiss... Kiss him? *shudder* I am pretty sure this must be a kind of joke!~

a kind -> some kind

@118 = ~These people need our assistance. I would approve of helping them, even if it is not battle we have to fight~

not battle -> not a battle

fight -> fight.

@132 = ~Let's not forget that this slime seems to be a rather wealthy man, from the looks of this appartment. We should be able to receive a nice reward.~

appartment -> apartment

@164 = ~Knowing our luck I guess I guess we can be glad the potion didn't work at all, instead of producing unwanted side-effects.~

I guess I guess -> I guess

@188 = ~Are they finished with their unctous behaviour?~

unctous -> unctuous

@191 = ~Unctous, greasy, slimy, slimish...~

Unctous -> Unctuous

@206 = ~That man can be glad he has been treated so nicely. In other societies there would have been not enough of him left to fill the holes in your shoes.~

would have been not -> would not have been

@220 = ~"Swallow" is the w-wrong term, Imoen. A slime takes its food in, it assimilates, or b-better adsorbs it, in a way.~

adsorbs -> absorbs

@225 = ~Ha! Playing with forces they don't undestand, indeed! What makes you think there is an easy way back?~

undestand -> understand

@233 = ~Wild magic - it works, or it don't. *sigh* At least there wasn't any *bad* consequences.~

don't -> doesn't

c#q01004.tra:

@2 = ~In one of the houses nearby there is a drama going on. A man somehow lost.. shape. Do you know anything about this, by any chance?~

lost.. -> lost...

@28 = ~How can the transormation be undone? Tell me!~

transormation -> transformation

@57 = ~The alternate antidote didn't do anything at all! How can I be sure you didn't just sell me some colored water?~

@74 = ~"A good chance" means, the alternate potion doesn't work every time as expected?~

@88 = ~I'd like to buy the cheap alternate antidote, please.~

alternate -> alternative

c#q02005.tra:

@80 = ~Are you sure? See, you really need that money, and I have still enough for my own purposes.~

have still -> still have

@87 = ~You see, that's not tears in my old eyes. I guess I got some sand in them, running so fast to catch up with you. You are something special, young one, I tell you. But what you said made actually sense... I hope I can remember that until I return home, so I can tell Margareth... Or maybe I won't tell her, keeping it a nice surprise...~

actually -> actual

@95 = ~600 gp?! That is... that is much more than we would get from the other seller.~

seller -> buyer

@108 = ~Yeah, yeah, just let's get over with this deal.~

over with this deal -> this deal over with

@141 = ~But I.. I.. *sob* I don't *want* the necklace to be sold! It's the last piece we have from Grandma and I.. I.. I thought they would find another way and I *sob* I took it when they where sleeping and now they are so angry and everything is so bad... *sob*~

But I.. I.. -> But I... I...

and I.. I.. -> and I... I...

and I *sob* -> and I... *sob*

@143 = ~May.. *sob* Maybe you are right. Oh, I hope mom won't be too angry!~

May.. -> May...

@179 = ~Ahem. That's a complete different story!~

complete -> completely

@180 = ~I could never imagine keeping a value object the way the girl did!~

value -> valuable

@191 = ~T'is funny what effects too little communication can have. Well, I guess I should keep my mouth shut, considering t' consequences of "too much" talking in my case *sigh*.~

T'is -> 'Tis

@193 = ~Helping this family seems to be little and unimportant, but every good deeds turns the scale into the right direction.~

deeds turns the scale into -> deed tips the scale in

@201 = ~There are moments were the best song and the sweetest music cannot help, but it all comes down to a handful of plain gold. Er, that is what I thought when I hired you for Silke...~

were -> when

@204 = ~Xan, in your memory it will last all eternally. Elven memory and all?~

eternally -> eternity

@205 = ~That memory will remain in my head, indeed, but you are foolish, Imoen, to think that it won't be drowned by hundrets of bad memories that share the same space in my brain.~

hundrets -> hundreds

@215 = ~Oh, thank you *blushes*~

you -> you.

@268 = ~The overtrustfulnes of the child put us into a position of great responsibility towards this family in need, <CHARNAME>. I hope you know this.~

overtrustfulnes -> overtrustfulness

c#q03008_9_10_11.tra:

@11 = ~Re.. reward? I... I didn't... See, I don't have any money. I had to go and talk to their dad... in private. He will pay for our transfer to my family in Amn, and that's all. Bastard! Oops, I am sorry. Children, that is a bad word, don't you ever use it! Could... could I offer you something else?~

Re.. -> Re...

@317 = ~Maybe-maybe it is wise to wait before having own children. What do you say, Jaheira?...~

own children -> children of our own

@319 = ~The woman looking so beleaguered isn't only the children's responsibility. Why does she let this do to her? How about we pay that father a "visit", huh?~

Why does she let this do to her? -> Why does she let this be done to her?

@438 = ~*snort* You should work on balancing your powers, <CHARNAME>, if you can't keep your temper because a mother with children. They where a nuisance, but no reason to get into comflict with the soldiers guarding this town. There is a much easier way to achieve this.~

because a mother -> because of a mother

comflict -> conflict

@439 = ~<CHARNAME>, you *did* notice all the Amnish soldiers walking this place before deciding to threaten away that woman, yes? I am just asking.~

threaten away that woman -> threaten that woman away

c#q04001_3_4_5.tra:

@53 = ~What? This.. this is... I am Lord von Undenzieht! I protest! Take your hands off me, you *idiots*!~

This.. -> This...

@72 = ~What a misunderstanding. That is what happens if people of, ahem, lower intelectual capacity try to communicate. Next time let me do the talking, <CHARNAME>.~

intelectual -> intellectual

@75 = ~Ah! Noise in Tiax ears again!~

Tiax -> Tiax'

@97 = ~Am I the only one who wonders where the snake's egg was delivered to? And... who would order a wyyvern anyway? Assuming that this was a mixed-up delivery.~

@98 = ~At least we already know where the snake's egg was delivered to, and that there won't be any more mixed-up monster packages!~

snake's egg -> snake egg

@101 = ~Yes! Everything makes sense! We killed a valuable beast of their possession, now everyone involved in the processed gets scolded by the beast master. Ah, I feel almost at home!~

of their -> in their

processed -> process

c#q05001.tra:

@136 = ~I am sorry, but I won't go and spread the details. I am only discussing what happened with those who already know. I hope you undestand.~

undestand -> understand

@153 = ~But it seems it will all end well. Do you think we will ever find out how it ended? ...How far is Luskan away, actually?~

is Luskan away -> away is Luskan

@158 = ~That is where the demon went? I surely hope the girls don't notice what is happening to them... The daemon must have taken over completely, or the paladin would not have been tricked like that.~

daemon -> demon

@184 = ~Hmph. I don't care where the people gather, but I would prefer you wouldn't stirr so much attention to our presence.~

stirr -> stir

c#q06001_2.tra:

@126 = ~You don't mean this serious, Ajantis, do you?~

@129 = ~You don't mean this serious, Rasaad, do you?~

serious -> seriously

c#q07001.tra:

@73 = ~Oh, this surely has romantic potential. The strong yet ugly half-orc, nobel of birth and gentle of mind...~

nobel -> noble

@87 = ~It is a disgrace his half-ord heritage shows as it does.~

half-ord -> half-orc

@99 = ~Well, to some extend, maybe, but I didn't... Never mind.~

extend -> extent

@102 = ~Xan, maybe you should take an example on him.~

an example on him -> him as an example

@110 = ~I wish this good man all the best. Life has not been easy to him.~

to -> on

@118 = ~I acknowledge real love when I see it. This man was in love, and if the woman he courts only feels half of it, they will be happily ever after.~

be -> live

c#q08001.tra:

@64 = ~Maybe.... maybe he will fall in love with his fighting squire just as he fell in love with the maiden once... Maybe. For now he has a task as a knight, as do I as squire.~

Maybe.... -> Maybe...

@95 = ~No, it is not that easy. Sir Trun proposed to me, what seems a long, long time ago, and we went on this educational journey to Candlekeep. You have to understand, I am the daughter of noble family, and never touched any kind of weapon. His.. his gaze upon me when he realized what happened...~

His.. -> His...

c#q10001.tra:

@4 = ~My animals are all healthy and young. Look at the fine furr...~

furr -> fur

@27 = ~I have rested enough and will go to more adventuring. Fare well.~

Fare well -> Farewell

@47 = ~Boo sais you should.~

sais -> says

@54 = ~However you got to that one, it would be better if we get rid of it.~

got to that one -> got that one

@65 = ~It's allright, I believe you!~

allright -> all right

@77 = ~If you don't take, it will end in the next barrel we pass by. I had enough problems with it already!~

If you don't take -> If you don't

end in -> end up in

@82 = ~Hm, strictly speaking I think I should thank you for preventing it being eaten by the wolves?~

it being -> it from being

@87 = ~Fare well.~

Fare well -> Farewell

@90 = ~Oh, but... You have one there, and it's so cute an tiny!~

an -> and (or an')

@94 = ~I do not think we should burden ourselfs with little rodent pets in our back packs. I think this is the last a warrior needs to fulfill his duty.~

back packs -> backpacks

@100 = ~I'd love to have one! <CHARNANE>, please... please?~

<CHARNANE> -> <CHARNAME>

@125 = ~What? What? Why did you give them all away, I just about finished to fatten them.~

to fatten -> fattening

@127 = ~I hope the boy learns quickly that an animal is never a 'pet' but has to be taken care for, no matter how small.~

care for -> care of

@142 = ~Ah, baby hamster. How cute, and so soon! Look, <CHARNAME>. Boo, you nasty little heartbreaker. You are proud papa now!~

are proud -> are a proud

@148 = ~Hamsters! Really, you can do nothing with hamsters. They aren't valuable, they don't give much meat, they aren't frightening... But I am sure the droppings will fit nicely to anything we wear, color-wise.~

fit nicely to anything we wear -> match nicely with anything we wear

@172 = ~It *was* funny to have them around, to some extend. A little bit like the results of wild magic, only that I wasn't responsible for it!~

extend -> extent

drunk_beregosttemple.tra:

@23 = ~Why did you do that? This fool will probably spent it all on ale. We would have a better use for the money!~

spent -> spend

@35 = ~<CHARNAME>, are you COMPLETELY GONE SILLY?~

are you COMPLETELY GONE SILLY -> have you gone COMPLETELY SILLY

setup.tra:

@37 = ~This is Sarah's Coat.~

Coat -> coat

@59 = ~Alternate Antidote~

Alternate -> Alternative

@60 = ~This is the cheap alternative potion. It should transform Eldoth into his former self...~

Eldoth -> Eltolth

@104 = ~This is a preserved egg of a wraith spider. Worn as a head stone, it surely looks disgusting, but it protects the wearer against being magically hold.

hold -> held

@10004 = ~Beregost: Alanna's Neighbor in Trouble

I found the elixir vendor of Eltolth's transformation potion, but I'll need a proof of his guilt.~

need a proof -> need proof

@10019 = ~Family Quarrel in Beregost

The problem is solved. The daughter took the necklace so that it coulnd't be sold... I gave it back to them.~

coulnd't -> couldn't

Archived