Bug Thread

Mod has been updated, the link here should work.

Rather confusing; the link above apparently was updated January of 2015 and reports a version '2', but the updated version isn't reported in the main G3 website news, and the link provided in the main G3 page still links to a version 1. Would be helpful it this were clarified; maybe adding version number to the file name is a good idea as well.

Edited by ithildurnew

Hi, just completed the Unseeing Eye quest and brought Anomen back to the Helm Temple to pick up his Cleric Stronghold. Just spoken with Acolyte Byron, screen dimmed and we're waiting for the first person to come in to tell Ano his issues, but the game has stalled there. I can see movement, but my menus have disappeared, as has Anomen, and the person is a no show.

I've attached a screenshot of the stall and also my weidu log. I do have a few other mods installed.

I've just given the mod an uninstall/reinstall - but it didn't fix the stall.

Am enjoying the mod so far (have given Jan the Thief Stronghold).

What class is your PC?

My first thought is to try uninstalling the Multiple Strongholds mod component and see if that fixes it.

Mod has been updated, the link here should work.

Rather confusing; the link above apparently was updated January of 2015 and reports a version '2', but the updated version isn't reported in the main G3 website news, and the link provided in the main G3 page still links to a version 1. Would be helpful it this were clarified; maybe adding version number to the file name is a good idea as well.

Yes, it would be. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get in touch with a G3 admin; I have no direct power over website news or the main G3 page.

@Kish Mike1072 was recently nominated as new G3 admin. Maybe he can help?

Actually if you go and look the download section or read one of the other threads, you can see that Mike already did the update to v2.

Speaking of bugs, the only thing that bug's me is that the .tp2 file is not in the mod folder, but it's set to be in the game folder.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Did you have Jaheira or Cernd in your party when you did the quest to defeat Faldorn?

(If the answer is no, that's the problem. If the answer is yes, on the other hand:)

What mods do you have installed?

(Neither of the things Jarno asked about should matter.)

Hello there!

When I got to the Temple District I had Viconia with me and after the speech of the Unseeing Eye guy a priest of Talos approached me. Viconia won't take the quest from him, and now the Unseeing Eye Area in the sewers is blocked (theres still the question mark and no passage). Keldorn was there though, and I took him with me. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

Greetings

Hi

I have similar problem to capital mcmoo. I am running a BG2EE game with a fighter/thief main char. I have anomen in my party and do the un seeing eye quest. When i go to complete it i accept the stronghold. A lord byron speaks to my main char and then the game hangs. I don't have the multiple stronghols tweak installed and the new version doesn't seem to address the issue. I will do a clean install and see what happens.

Guessing you mean Acolyte Byron, not Lord Byron; I'll see if I can find anything in the code that would cause that, but whether a clean install fixes it or not, please let me know what mods you had installed when you first saw it. Did Byron say anything or did the game hang as soon as you went to talk to him? What was on your screen when the game hung?

Edited by Kish