Photo

bg1re v1.3 - Bugthread

47 replies to this topic

#31 Heres A Man In A Hat

Heres A Man In A Hat
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:28 AM

I'm afraid i'm getting a similar error. Installing the mod into a clean game + new expansion introduces a shiny new character outside candlekeep inn named Displacer Pack Lord who talks to me in an audio file about a Massive Battle i apparently won

#32 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6624 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:31 AM

Thank you for the reports. Just one question to you both: do you have SoD from GOG or Steam and if yes, did you prepare the game like it is necessary (tool available at the Beamdog's Forums) before installing the mods? If not, that would be the problem (SoD comes as a zip and weidu doesn't patch the correct Dialog.tlk so you would see random lines from the SoD expansion).

#33 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 5968 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:45 AM

T... (tool available at the Beamdog's Forums) before installing the mods?

This ? Cause that linked here somewhere by K4thos...

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.

Here's how to install all the stable mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games.

#34 Deltarno

Deltarno
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:33 AM

Thank you for the reports. Just one question to you both: do you have SoD from GOG or Steam and if yes, did you prepare the game like it is necessary (tool available at the Beamdog's Forums) before installing the mods? If not, that would be the problem (SoD comes as a zip and weidu doesn't patch the correct Dialog.tlk so you would see random lines from the SoD expansion).

From Steam, and that would explain the problem, as I had no clue about the needed tool.  Thank you Jarno for the link, I shall give it a try...after I completely uninstall and reinstall the game.  Plus, I need to figure out how to move it without steam throwing a hissy, but that's a quick google away.  I'll let you know how it works.

#35 Heres A Man In A Hat

Heres A Man In A Hat
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:33 AM

That link did indeed work!!! However i couldn't find that anywhere on beamdog's forums! Is this a common tool?

#36 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 5968 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:58 AM

That link did indeed work!!! However i couldn't find that anywhere on beamdog's forums! Is this a common tool?

Well not really, but it was made by a user of this forum, cause he is working on finishing the EET to all the game versions, not just one. So it(he) kinda needs everyone to be at the same start point.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.

Here's how to install all the stable mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games.

#37 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6624 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:28 AM

Sorry for not linking to what I meant, I was referring to this: https://forums.beamd...tcep-can-use/p1

Although what Jarno linked is equal or better.

Glad it worked for you! Thank you for your interest in the mod!

#38 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 5968 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:38 AM

Although what Jarno linked is equal or better.

Well, it appears not to be better ... but it's not much worse either.

This is Argent77's analysis between the two mods:

Currently, UnzipSoD has a few shortcomings. The current WeiDU doesn't support the new resource formats LUA, MENU and PNG yet. WeiDU also has issues with WBM files. The game may still work, but you would miss a lot of visual effects on maps and also the fire effect on the SoD start screen. Secondly, it doesn't biff the unpacked files, although that can be easily added later. And thirdly, it only processes the english dialog.tlk (which is included in the mod and therefore might cause additional problems after the next game patch). The mod also overwrites the weidu.conf with a custom one. I have also noticed that the installation process requires a lot of free disk space (about 3 times the size of the DLC archive).

Scott Brook's modmerge is more complete. It unpacks the whole DLC archive directly, including all available language-specific resources and without unpacking the included BIFF files into the override (which saves a lot of time and disk space). Instead it simply updates the chitin.key to reference the extracted BIFF files from the SoD archive. This tool is also much faster. It took about 15 seconds to process SoD while I had to wait for over 2 minutes for UnzipSoD to complete. It can still be improved though. It is hardcoded to process dlc/sod-dlc.zip only. GOG users have to manually copy the SoD zip into the "dlc" subfolder before starting this tool.

Ouh, and Scott Brooks tool can be downloaded from here, if you want to skip the middle meddlers.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 09 April 2016 - 09:02 AM.

#39 Greenhorn

Greenhorn

Chaotic good gibberling

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:45 PM

There is almost game breaking bug with Bjornin and his wounds. If you offer to help him and he accept you are transported in his room with no exit where some cutscene should happen. But instead we just stand and his only dialogue option is " Greetings. Apologies but I must prepare for my departure." Seems that guy in the room above wasn't afraid of Bjornin without reason. He tried to kidnap my PC and keep him in golden cage forever. Luckily I had  Aurora's boots of the pub and transported party out of there. Never trusting again these seemingly nice " goody two shoes". Version of the mod is 1.3 BWP fix in my BGT BWS. 

#40 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6624 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:40 AM

Guess the ones convinced of their righteousness are the worst.. Or he was just so excited about your CHARNAME. - Anyways, sounds as if the cutscene didn't stop, which is not good. Will investigate, and thank you for reporting.

EDIT: Please link me to the BWP fix you used. I am not sure which one is the most current etc.

Edited by jastey, 08 October 2016 - 12:43 AM.

#41 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6624 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:22 AM

I checked in my game and the cutscene ends as it should. I checked the BWP Fixpack v15.4 and it doesn't seem to change bg1re. I am sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem. There will be a v1.4 eventually which opens the encounter to male PCs. I hope the problem was a glitch and won't happen again.

#42 Greenhorn

Greenhorn

Chaotic good gibberling

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:23 AM

Guess the ones convinced of their righteousness are the worst.. Or he was just so excited about your CHARNAME. - Anyways, sounds as if the cutscene didn't stop, which is not good. Will investigate, and thank you for reporting.

EDIT: Please link me to the BWP fix you used. I am not sure which one is the most current etc.

Ah, don't mind me, I like their righteous lot well enough. Don't know  why he got so worked  up, just tried to bandage his wounds, so he can finally move his ass out of that tavern which is already crowded enough as it is...  :p

I did little research on my own, seems that phrase is for the male player in Shadows of Amn RE which triggered by mistake in first part of the game. The fix I used is probably part of the fixpack for BGT BWP ( didn't use it of my own free will, it is integral part of whole megamod setup:

BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Extension of Bjornin Encounter (Personal Wound Treatment), by jastey: v1.3 BWP Fix. 

That fix probably comes from here: 

SETUP-BWFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BiG-World-Fixpack-master.zip. Version is BWFixpack( v. 15.6 EN ). Don't know exact link, is it somewhere here: http://www.shsforums...fixpack-thread/ or on Kerzenburg site. If it is needed I will upload it here from my comp...  

EDIT: on second thought, this is probably updated version, ,my installed version doesn't have a number. 

Edited by Greenhorn, 08 October 2016 - 09:52 AM.

#43 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 02:43 AM

@Greenhorn Please provide weidu.log in [spoiler] tag.

@jastey BWFixpack which he used is located here https://github.com/B...G-World-Fixpack and the only fixes for bg1re are those: bg1re

Edited by ALIENQuake, 08 October 2016 - 02:44 AM.

If you wanna make enemies try to change something...

BiG World Setup

Guide/FAQ | Download | Changelog | Twitter

Infinity Engine Game Launcher - tool for fixing *.ini files and registry entries for Infinity Engine games like BG, BG II, IWD, IWD II and Planescape:Torment

#44 Greenhorn

Greenhorn

Chaotic good gibberling

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:05 AM

As requested, here it is:
Spoiler

Hope it helps.

#45 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6624 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:31 AM

OMG I am so daft! And I can't believe this bug didn't happen earlier... The cres of Bjornin bg1re encounter and RE for BGII are named the same. So, with installing RE, the bg1re cre was replaced with a slightly older and very, very confused version of Bjornin. The poor soul probably didn't know how he got teleported back to Beregost...

Thank you very much for the report and the very important hint about the BGII line. I will fix this after I came back from hiding in shame. :-)

ALIENQuake: Thank you for the link. This fix will be included into the next version of bg1re, too.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users