Photo

bg1re v2.3 Bugthread

10 replies to this topic

#1 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6959 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

Please post any bugs or typos here. Make sure to specifiy the game you are playing (BG1, Tutu, BGT, BG:EE, or EET) and which version of the mod (Windows, Mac, Linux).
If possible, please post your WeiDU.log so I can see which other mods were installed.

Edited by jastey, 25 August 2017 - 10:15 AM.

#2 Shaguar

Shaguar
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:17 AM

Fresh install (steam) with only RE1 mod. I went through each and every component to see which ones causes game bootup issues

Prevents Game from Loading up.

1. Extension of Bjornin Encounter
  2. Duke Eltan's Spare Minute
  3. Bartus' Seduction (Just keeping consistency for list)
  4. The Messenger
  5. The Honest Lies of Two Riversides
  6. Necromancer's Trouble
  7. Dinner with Thalantyr
  8. The Messenger 2
  9. Camryn and Tamah
  10. Cloakwood Lovers

Game boots up with the rest.

PS. Sorry after getting the list and getting the game to boot up, I proceeded to do a full reinstall and after that I installed other mods as well.

Edited by Shaguar, 13 August 2017 - 09:33 AM.

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6959 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:44 AM

You did run modmerge before installling mods?

What do you mean with "Just keeping consistency for list" after Bartus' Seduction?

Edited by jastey, 13 August 2017 - 10:44 AM.

#4 Shaguar

Shaguar
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:01 AM

No I did not know of modmerge. Everything works after modmerge. Sorry for the false alarm.

#5 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6959 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

But you used the version 2.2? It should warn you about it. I have to check why this didn't work.

Glad to hear it works now. I hope you'll enjoy the mod, and thank you for reporting nontheless!

#6 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6959 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

Update to v2.3. This update is only important if you want to play the German version, or if you install Jarl's Adventure Pack after bg1re (BGT).

#7 Zaghoul

Zaghoul
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:22 AM

I thought I would post an issue with 2.1 that seems is fixed in 2.3 (just did clean instal of BG) On character creation for 2.1 a spell is added to the druid list called 'Wisdom permanently raised 1 point' (description is per pro from evil spell) spell does not cast anything.

I narrowed it down to v2.1, regardless of other mods.

It might have been the first time I tried that version as I just did a new install BGEEv2.3 SoD Beamdog direct and my last version of RE was fine.

Anyway, point is V2.3 fixed the problem so no need to dig. Just thought I would mention it.

Thanks again for the great mod. :)

#8 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6959 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:02 AM

Yes, that was fixed. Thank you for reporting notheless!

#9 Mukora

Mukora
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

I'm having some trouble with the first night with Quentin component. I've installed the component, as far as I can tell, but Quentin doesn't seem to show up in the Friendly Arm.

I'm playing the Enhanced Edition, (without Siege of Dragonspear Installed) but I assume the current version is up to date enough that that shouldn't be an issue so I don't know what the problem is? Are there any mods that could have potentially overwritten the area file or something, like the mini quests and encounters mod?

#10 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6959 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

Your PC has to be female and human, elf or half-elf for Quentin to show up in L1 Friendly Arm Inn. If this doesn't help you I'd need the content of your weidu.log and the bg1re.DEBUG (open with any text editor).

Of course there could be a mod that overwrites the area script but the mini quests and encounters mod (BGQE) doesn't overwrite files and doesn't add changes to FAI level 1.

#11 Mukora

Mukora
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:29 PM

Oh okay. I missed the elf or half-elf thing. Sorry about that.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users