Clean and New EET/BWS Installation

Sure, the path: C:\SteamLibrary\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\EET\temp\patch\d\

It's weird when I try to delete it, I can't because it requires admin privilege; which I have. Its not a UAC thing I think.

Thanks, another point we can eliminate.

- It is not EET (which has not been updated since March)

- It is not UAC protection

- It is most likely not BWS as there was a report on a manual attempt as well.

If everything else fails, the remainder must be the culprit (or something like this Sherlock Holmes said).

So what remains?

- Weidu update

- something else

Sure, the path: C:\SteamLibrary\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\EET\temp\patch\d\

It's weird when I try to delete it, I can't because it requires admin privilege; which I have. Its not a UAC thing I think.

If everything else fails, the remainder must be the culprit (or something like this Sherlock Holmes said).

So what remains?

- Weidu update

- something else

One possibility to try would be manual install using previous weidu240 and preventing any auto update of set-up exes.

So what remains?

- Weidu update

- something else

One possibility to try would be manual install using previous weidu240 and preventing any auto update of set-up exes.

How do I prevent it from auto update? I downloaded weidu 2.40

So what remains?

- Weidu update

- something else

How do I prevent it from auto update? I downloaded weidu 2.40

If no instance of weidu 2.41 exists in your clean directories and you do not use BWS to download it, then you will use 2.40 throughout. Weidu, e.g. all the setup-Modname.exe's always use the highest version number they find in you game directory. All lower versions are automatically updated once you execute the first one of them.

It worked!! bws just finished installing core components, thank you so much! I simply changed the weidu file in bws downloads to 240 and forced it to continue when it complained about file size.

So it is really the update to Weidu 2.41?

It worked!! bws just finished installing core components, thank you so much! I simply changed the weidu file in bws downloads to 240 and forced it to continue when it complained about file size.

Yea, it has to be, its the only thing I did differently in this setup.

Yea, it has to be, its the only thing I did differently in this setup.

I was looking at the Weidu changelog but found no hint. There must be something changed/broken in how BG1 dlg files are decompiled to d files that EET changes and then re-compiles. EET chokes on the first first dialogue that has a specific command, in one case reported it was !IsOverMe("garrick").

Best way ahead is to make a report to the Weidu people.

Another case here, same error:

[EET/temp/patch/d/BDGARRIC.d] PARSE ERROR at line 12 column 1-11
Near Text: Garrick
syntax error
[EET/temp/patch/d/BDGARRIC.d] ERROR at line 12 column 1-11
Near Text: Garrick
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [EET/temp/patch/d/BDGARRIC.d]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [EET/temp/patch/d/BDGARRIC.d]!
Stopping installation because of error.
Was using Weidu 2.41, will try 2.40.
UPDATE: Can't find a binary, couldn't manage to compile from source in windows with cygwin. Ran out of time, will need to compile in tux tomorrow.

Archived