IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

​Sorry! Because I only have semi-permission to distribute it (and only the files that I changed - not the entirety of IR), and because it requires a changed install order in regards to 1pp, I'm not really sure that it can be made to work with the BWS in the normal sense. Unfortunately, I can only recommend my instructions in the original post for installing it with the BWS as of this time.

​In other news, a new version with a few bug fixes and minor item cost changes (mostly relating to price oddities of some the prices of the Joluv special items) will probably be coming out within the next couple of weeks. Nothing major, but I am working on it.

Edited by Bartimaeus

In other news, a new version with a few bug fixes and minor item cost changes (mostly relating to price oddities of some the prices of the Joluv special items) will probably be coming out within the next couple of weeks. Nothing major, but I am working on it.

Could you also fix the issue that some descriptions state "Damage: 2D4" (note the CAPITAL D) instead of "Damage: 2d4" (note the lower case d)?

In other news, a new version with a few bug fixes and minor item cost changes (mostly relating to price oddities of some the prices of the Joluv special items) will probably be coming out within the next couple of weeks. Nothing major, but I am working on it.

Could you also fix the issue that some descriptions state "Damage: 2D4" (note the CAPITAL D) instead of "Damage: 2d4" (note the lower case d)?

All items use the capital D for dice rolls. It was the style in vanilla, and I always thought it looked better than the lowercase style (and as a sort of semi-abbreviation, it makes sense that it's uppercase). As for the ordinary items having descriptions, I think that's inherited from vanilla IR. Is there any reason to change it?

​@Arthas: I mean, I've put a lot of work into it, but Demi et. al. have put much more into the mod than I have. IRR is more a giant collection of fixes, tweaks, and small additions - probably around 95-96% of the mod is still work that the original creators, not I, did. Anyways, it's not really my decision...and also, there are people (likely the majority, in fact!) that are sticking by normal IR for various reasons. However, I am happy you feel that way nonetheless!

For those playing on BG(2):EE, please let me know if any usabilities are wrong for any of the new classes/kits. I think there's a new Blackguard paladin kit or something, right? They probably shouldn't be able to use items that are usable by other paladins, and I think they probably currently can, so that should be fixed.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I think there's a new Blackguard paladin kit or something, right? They probably shouldn't be able to use items that are usable by other paladins, and I think they probably currently can, so that should be fixed.

If a paladin is able to use an evil items, then why can't the blackguard use it ? Hi hihihii, the suggestion here is that as the item needs to be, not only "lawful good" to be able to be used by the blackguard, then any paladin should be able to be using it, if they are not "lawful good". As there are kits that have that feature. And yeah, the LG restriction removes the Carsomyr from from evil paladins.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking of that, too. But I also thought of items like the Ravager that are specifically *not* usable by paladins, that probably should be usable by Blackguards, and those should be fixed as well...and you can't necessarily use the alignment restrictions to do that, because it would start restricting other classes (and I personally think at the very least chaotic good characters should be able to use virtually any items except the most absurdly evil/cruel like Human Flesh, with the justification being that they're trying to use it for good).

​Now that I think of it, how are anti-paladins' restrictions handled? Are they just considered a Paladin? Can they continue to use Carsomyr, for example?

Edited by Bartimaeus

​As for the ordinary items having descriptions, I think that's inherited from vanilla IR. Is there any reason to change it?

Well, the "problem" is that the identified description and the general description of those items use two different strings -> either the 2 descriptions use the same string or the identified description should be removed. What do you think? Edited by Luke

Well, the "problem" is that the identified description and the general description of those items are two different strings -> either the 2 descriptions use the same string or the identified description should be removed. What do you think?

Erhm, and so you can't tell that a golden axe is any different from a regular, as the string as that comes from the original file, while not having even looked at the thing(being blind and all that, for example).

There is no generic description for a generic item that's not entirely generic, but not enought magical to require a the secred knowledge that only a tale of the horgomorgslight killer tells to the barn bard that knows all the tales of the town.

@Jarno Mikkola In EE games ordinary weapons (battle axe, long sword, scimitar and so forth) don't have an identified description (it makes perfect sense). Why should this mod use two different strings if the two descriptions are identical?

@Jarno Mikkola In EE games ordinary weapons (battle axe, long sword, scimitar and so forth) don't have an identified description (it makes perfect sense). Why should this mod use two different strings if the two descriptions are identical?

Had you actually used a weidu to install mods, you would know the reason. The strings that are identical, are not re-written, but get re-allocated to the equal string in game. This also goes so far that weidu doesn't remove mods strings during the mods uninstall(s). You'll notice this using Near Infinity or other such tools. There are no 1000's strings saying the file unidentified descritions. Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I often have trouble understanding what you're saying, Jarno, but I think you and Luke are talking about two separate issues. What Luke is taking issue with is unmagical items, such as HALB01 or SW1H01, having both their identified and unidentified names and descriptions filled with the same referenced strings. e.g., my HALB01 has 31123 for both name fields, and 91435 for both description fields. In vanilla, however, unmagical items (or items that don't need to be identified) usually have only the unidentified fields filled, not the identified. I don't think it makes any difference, but I'd have to make sure (perhaps the description update macro needs both of them filled? I am not certain) before changing something like that. I'll put it on my to-do list backburner.

Edited by Bartimaeus

​In other news, a new version with a few bug fixes and minor item cost changes (mostly relating to price oddities of some the prices of the Joluv special items) will probably be coming out within the next couple of weeks. Nothing major, but I am working on it.

Hey, will this new version include a fix for Shaman item usability? Right now IR and IR-R. make short bows and axes unuseable for Shamans.

Not a big deal if you don't play a Shaman.. but kind of a problem if you do.. :)

Hey, will this new version include a fix for Shaman item usability? Right now IR and IR-R. make short bows and axes unuseable for Shamans.

Not a big deal if you don't play a Shaman.. but kind of a problem if you do.. :)

Well, if you know that the problem is there, you should be able to fix it, it's just one more click in Near Infinity after you have the item found and have the usability up... and if you already have the item in the game, you just need to drop it, and cheat another copy back in. And try not to use the axe with a druid, or sell the old copy to a shop.:devlook:

As the feature you request also involved Druids partially, as they should be able to use it on class base, but not with a in_item feature. Same as the regular axes ~in the v2.3 EE games. Was it ? As the Shaman was added in there.

Well, if you know that the problem is there, you should be able to fix it, it's just one more click in Near Infinity after you have the item found and have the usability up

Maybe I was unclear. IR/IR-R makes ALL axes, short bows and arrows in the game unusable for shamans.

So, no NI won't do. A WeiDU function will of course but that's a bit more advanced than simply changing a flag and adding an effect with NI.