BG2: Problems and bug reports

DeathAngel

I'm having a problem with Gavin (ToB version) initiating what looks like the player-initiated dialog over and over. It happened in the Marching Mountains, after the fight with the Bhaalspawn quartet. Reloading an earlier save and avoiding that encounter seems to have cured it.

I have this problem with Gavin and romantic encounters mod. After encounter with weather mistress Ada, Gavin keeps initiating the same dialog over and over. Any way i can fix it with EEKeeper? I saw some global variables of this encounter but not sure what to change...

Oh, good catch. The variable doesn't get incremented so the reaction dialogue loops. Thank you!

This is a local variable, i.e. one for Gavin only: after the dialogue is done, the Global("B!GavREAda","LOCALS",2) needs to be at "2". If you set this local variable to "2" the loop should stop. I am not sure EEKeeper handles local variables as I never really worked with this tool. Local variables can also be changed by cheats during the game by opening the cheat console, putting the cursor over Gavin and typing:

C:SetGlobal("B!GavREAda","LOCALS",2)

Will be fixed in the next version.

Edited by jastey

EEkeeper didn't help, but console command did! Many thanks, Jastey.

And thanks for making this mod and cross content between Gavin, Ajantis and RE. My character was friends with both Gavin and Ajantis in BG1 and it's great that i can keep the same party in BG2. Gavin is nicely written character with surprising amount of dialogue. And a good cleric.

Guest Il Duderino

Hi love the mod. I can’t get the picture shown on the mod front page in game, maybe I am doing something stupid, do you know if it is possible? I think it would fit him best. Thanks

It's the standard portrait that is installed with the main component, so Gavin should have it in the game unless you installed another one via the optional component. What exactly do you mean by you can't get it to be shown in the game? Does Gavin have no portrait although the mod installed fine? Or does he have another portrait?

Guest Il Duderino

Thanks very much for the quick replies. Sorry, I think I must have done something stupid and assumed that I had to pick one of the numbered options and missed there is a default. I will check tonight, thanks again!