Photo

INSTALL_PVRZ help

4 replies to this topic

#1 Sam.

Sam.
  • Modders
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:46 PM

So I have a folder of MOS V2 + PVRZ files I want to install to the override folder of an EE game.  It looks like I need to use the WeiDU functions INSTALL_PVRZ, UPDATE_PVRZ_INDICES, and FIND_FREE_PVRZ_INDEX to make sure I don't overwrite anything already in the game, but I don't quite understand how they are supposed to be used.  Could anyone please either post an example or point me to one?

TIA,

Sam.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

-- to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

Posted Image
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• Modders
  • 1997 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:19 AM

You can take a look at this tool from Argent77

http://www.shsforums...tis#entry590082

Otherwise, if you already have the final files, just copy them over. Yes, you need to take care of the naming convention - I know how to avoid conflicts with area Tis+PVRZ and I assume it is similar with other Mos files.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 argent77

argent77
  • Modders
  • 762 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:57 AM

MOS+PVRZ (and BAM+PVRZ) are more difficult to install than TIS+PVRZ, since they all share the fixed MOSxxxx.PVRZ naming scheme.

The general procedure is:
1. COPY .mos or .bam file to override folder and execute patch function UPDATE_PVRZ_INDICES to update pvrz references to free slots.
2. Execute action function INSTALL_PVRZ to install .pvrz files associated with the mos/bam to slots used by step 1.

Examples: #1, #2 and #3

#4 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 1100 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:04 AM

Well, ninja'd.

Edited by Wisp, 10 December 2017 - 03:05 AM.

#5 Sam.

Sam.
  • Modders
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:51 AM

Thank you for the examples.  It seems I am still doing something wrong, tho:

Edit:  Code redacted

gives:

Game = BGEE

UPDATE_PVRZ_INDICES in "BGEECLASSICMOVIES/CHAPDRM/BGEE/MOSV2/ARRIVE.MOS"
Copying and patching 1 file ...

INSTALL_PVRZ for "BGEEClassicMovies/chapdrm/BGEE/MOSV2/MOS0000.PVRZ"

Source filename does not match MOSxxxx.PVRZ. Skipping file.

[...]

Edit:  I figured it out.

Edited by Sam., 14 December 2017 - 01:34 PM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

-- to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

Posted Image
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users