Photo

ReallyForceSpell interrupts on-going casting?

3 replies to this topic

#1 critto

critto
  • Modders
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

If a Wish spell option that affects the entire party is chosen, party members will have their on-going spell casting interrupted when the effect is applied.

The dialogue's action code looks something like this:

ActionOverride(Player1,ReallyForceSpell(Myself,CLERIC_NEGATIVE_PLANE_PROTECTION)) // SPPR413.SPL (Negative Plane Protection)
ActionOverride(Player2,ReallyForceSpell(Myself,CLERIC_NEGATIVE_PLANE_PROTECTION)) // SPPR413.SPL (Negative Plane Protection)
ActionOverride(Player3,ReallyForceSpell(Myself,CLERIC_NEGATIVE_PLANE_PROTECTION)) // SPPR413.SPL (Negative Plane Protection)
ActionOverride(Player4,ReallyForceSpell(Myself,CLERIC_NEGATIVE_PLANE_PROTECTION)) // SPPR413.SPL (Negative Plane Protection)
ActionOverride(Player5,ReallyForceSpell(Myself,CLERIC_NEGATIVE_PLANE_PROTECTION)) // SPPR413.SPL (Negative Plane Protection)
ActionOverride(Player6,ReallyForceSpell(Myself,CLERIC_NEGATIVE_PLANE_PROTECTION)) // SPPR413.SPL (Negative Plane Protection)
SetInterrupt(FALSE)
ForceSpell(Myself,DRYAD_TELEPORT) // SPWI995.SPL (Dimension Door)

Is this an intended behavior for ActionOverride and/or ReallyForceSpell?

#2 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Modders
  • 2557 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

Yes. The Wish should've used ApplySpell() instead.

"Uguu~ Boku Ayu."

Before you start breaking wall tiles with your bare fists, ask yourself first - do you truly need it?

#3 critto

critto
  • Modders
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:51 AM

I tried ApplySpell() instead, it didn't help according to our tests. I'll see if I didn't miss anything but looks like solution of some other kind is needed.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6270 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:46 AM

The ActionOverride does what it says, it overwrites everything that's being done with the given action.

So try as suggested this instead:

THEN
    RESPONSE #100
      ApplySpell(Player1,CLERIC_NEGATIVE_PLANE_PROITECTION)
      ApplySpell(Player2,CLERIC_NEGATIVE_PLANE_PROITECTION)
      ApplySpell(Player3,CLERIC_NEGATIVE_PLANE_PROITECTION)
  END

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users