Feedback

Mike1072

I keep thinking that sorcerer's advantage over a wizard is not the slot quantity - in this field Edwin will mow down a sorc on any day, - but the flexibility, every "memorized" slot changable into any desired spell out of five. Wizard may have twice as many slots as sorc, but the latter still wins when it comes to versatility.

In other words, I see zero problem with sorc vs wizard balance shift.

I keep thinking that sorcerer's advantage over a wizard is not the slot quantity - in this field Edwin will mow down a sorc on any day, - but the flexibility, every "memorized" slot changable into any desired spell out of five. Wizard may have twice as many slots as sorc, but the latter still wins when it comes to versatility.

In other words, I see zero problem with sorc vs wizard balance shift.

Edwin's not doing anything since he's denied Divination. His only hope vs a sorc is to use every 3rd level slot on Remove Magic just to get rid of ImpInv. There's only so many AoE spells he can throw.

Access to 24 spells vs access to 5? A mage can tailor his spells memorized on a per-encounter basis; a sorcerer has to make his unchangeable spell list fit the encounter. SR even widens this gap by increasing the number of useful spells.

Versatility. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Access to 24 spells vs access to 5?
That's without the TobEx, with it, it's as many spells as the game carries vs. 5 .

Now what comes to the versatility, if you think that it's per encounter base, well in the common case the Sorcerer is more versatile because he can cast 5 whatever spells he has however many times he wants to, while the Wizard is locked to the spell selection he did last night before he got to bed. Now if you view the game as encounter per day game that's a clear win for the Wizard yes, but the common case is that the player wants to have more than an encounter against 5 goblins to progress that given day.

We shouldn't forget that the sorcerer is a kind of a Kit-ted wizard either, as he gains more spells to cast per day without a school loose. Nore the fact that a wizards party gains XP from the spells while sorcerers doesn't.

I play TOB right now and I think that a component decreasing enchantement level by one could be welcome. (but only for ToB). Something like :

==> turn + 1 magical weapons into non magical weapons

turn + 2 magical weapons into masterworks weapons

turn + 3 magical weapons into + 1 magical weapons.

I play TOB right now and I think that a component decreasing enchantement level by one could be welcome. (but only for ToB). Something like :

==> turn + 1 magical weapons into non magical weapons

turn + 2 magical weapons into masterworks weapons

turn + 3 magical weapons into + 1 magical weapons.

Are you talking about opponents using +3 weapons like they were common ones? Bartenders and random places selling +3 weapons are no longer a problem within V3 thanks to Ardanis work.

Not sure if any of this has been mentioned, but there's far too many posts here to read at once, so here goes:

Have you thought about an item with charges that can be built up again (to some max limit to avoid balance issues) by say critical strikes, or landing killing blows with that weapon? You may already have this, but that would be a pretty cool and unique thing imo. if you don't yet.

Also, sort of realted to IR and SR, I think you or someone once mentioned that there is a limit to the little spell effect icons that show up on portraits? Meaning you couldn't add more of your own - does ToBeX at all remedy this, or have plans to?

If not, you could do away with(/replace/use for other effects) the icons that are rarely used, e.g. I saw that the spell 'Friends' has a white swirly icon that I had never seen (probably because I never used the spell) and that is surely a spell that is not used often, or is mundane enough to not warrant an icon, which can be used then for something else. Just wanted to mention it, hope I'm not off-track completely with the situation!

Have you thought about an item with charges that can be built up again (to some max limit to avoid balance issues) by say critical strikes, or landing killing blows with that weapon? You may already have this, but that would be a pretty cool and unique thing imo. if you don't yet.
Can't be done.

Also, sort of realted to IR and SR, I think you or someone once mentioned that there is a limit to the little spell effect icons that show up on portraits? Meaning you couldn't add more of your own - does ToBeX at all remedy this, or have plans to?
IR doesn't use portrait icons on items for this very reason.

I don't think ToBEx will ever change it, because the amount of icons is limited by the GUI size (and I don't think there's a room for increasing/adding a scrollbar) and iirc all icons can still be viewed in character sheet.

My biggest issue, and the sole reason I have yet to try this mod, is the horrible documentation. A complete, up to date, list of changes just doesn't seem available.

The information seems to be available for V2, but that version isnt supported as the hotfixes have been removed.

So my choices are a V3 with no documentation, or a V2 with no bugfixes and relatively poor documentation. Sad :(

My biggest issue, and the sole reason I have yet to try this mod, is the horrible documentation. A complete, up to date, list of changes just doesn't seem available.

The information seems to be available for V2, but that version isnt supported as the hotfixes have been removed.

So my choices are a V3 with no documentation, or a V2 with no bugfixes and relatively poor documentation. Sad :(

We're just waiting for V3 final. It's almost there - have a bit more patience. If you don't want to wait read the V3 topics and open the mod's tp2 files with notepad.

Archived