Mod Compatibility List for EET

Hm... Then how do you install it manually? It supposed to be installed (for BG1) after BG1NPC and before Ajantis BG1. Both of them you are supposed to install before EET.

What to do in that situation?

Erhm, if the mod is converted to be fully EET compatible, you can install it AFTER EET too, as it comes with the data that the EET's auto-converter makes the BG1EE mods to be EET mods, during the EET's install, as that just replaces a few bits of data with other data, just like most BG1&Tutu&BGT mods do, where those mods had to be installed AFTER the converter mod was installed to the technically BG2 game.Y

You mean, that instruction http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28245&do=findComment&comment=246986 should now read something like that:

1. Install the base games(BGEE+BG2EE)

2. Install EET

3. Install BG1EE mods (from list (1) in the first post of this topic, after extracting them into BG1EE folder)

4. Patch and Install mods for BG2EE and EET

5. Run the *setup-EET-end.exe* that was automatically created during step 3

6. Play

Edited by Mirandel

You mean, that instruction ..

No.

More to this tune off.

2. Install BG1EE mods that have not yet been converted to be fully EET compatible to the BG1EE game.

3. Install EET.

4. Install BG2EE mods and fully EET compatible mods to the BG2EE game.

5. Run the "setup-EET-end.exe" that was automatically created during step 3, eventually this doesn't need to be done, as the step 2 won't be there either.

6. Play

7. Get drugs*... and burn the world.

*the prescription kind, duh.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Manual install for EET of the list in the initial post

(A possible method, not the only one...)

1. Make a clean install of BGEE

1b.Run modmerge if you have a Gog or Steam version of the game.https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use/p1

2. Start the game and make a quicksave, leave again.

3. Download, unpack, and Install the mods of your choice from the section 1.of the list in the initial post. Consider a sensible install order!!!!

3b. If you like you can start the game and test it, you will just have a modded BGEE game (only those mods supported by EET however)

4. Make a clean install of BG2EE

4b.Start the game and make a quicksave, leave again.

5. Run EET Main component.

6. Download and unpack the mods from section 2.of the list in the initial post. DO NOT RUN any setup-xxxx.exe yet!

Note - if mods are packed with a self-installing packing (you downloaded an exe, not a zip, rar or 7z), run the exe outside of the game directoiry and move the mod-folder and setup.exe to the BG2EE directory afterwards).

7.Download and unpack the mods from section 3.of the list in the initial post. DO NOT RUN any setup-xxxx.exe yet! (same note as for 6)

8.Download BWFixpack and install it according to its instructions. (This will fix all unpacked mods and also patch those from section 3 to EET compatibility)

8a. For RoT and CtB you have to first download and extract the original mods, afterwards you download and extract the patches from the first post.

9.Now run the setup.exe's of the mods one by one Consider a sensible install order!!!! If you want to play with the worldmap mod, put it at the very end just before step 10.

10. Run EET_end

11. Install EET-Gui mod if you like

12. Start the game from the EET shortcut on desktop or from baldur.exe in the BG2EE directory.

NOTES

- If your EET game runs successful you will not need your BGEE game again.

- For an install sequence you may either look for guidance in the famous BWP pdf manual (although it does not list all available mods - you need to estimate a good place for missing mods once you saw the overall logic) or you look at the BWS select.txt for BG2EE and try to figure out what it means or you read all the readme's and construct your own sequence by figuring out the dependencies and conflicts.

Edited by Roxanne

No.

More to this tune off.

2. Install BG1EE mods that have not yet been converted to be fully EET compatible to the BG1EE game.

3. Install EET.

5. Run the "setup-EET-end.exe" that was automatically created during step 3, eventually this doesn't need to be done, as the step 2 won't be there either.

6. Play

Right now we are talking about mods listed in the first post. They are divided in 3 groups - (1) BG1 mods, that you can (means should?) install before EET, (2) BG2/BG1 mods installed after EET and (3) BG2/BG1 that need patch.

There is a specific order in wich you are supposed to install all mods. So, my question is - how do you follow that order if between 2 mods from group (1) you are supposed to install a mod from group (2)?

P.S.Roxanne, you are a huge help (as always!) but my question still stands :( I do not understand when to run Xan friendship installation (group (2)) (nor - where from BG1 or BG2 folder?), because EET "sensible install order" says it has to be installed between 2 mods from group (1).

Edited by Mirandel

No.

More to this tune off.

3. Install EET.

6. Play

Right now we are talking about mods listed in the first post. They are divided in 3 groups - (1) BG1 mods, that you can (means should?) install before EET, (2) BG2/BG1 mods installed after EET and (3) BG2/BG1 that need patch.

There is a specific order in wich you are supposed to install all mods. So, my question is - how do you follow that order if between 2 mods from group (1) you are supposed to install a mod from group (2)?

We wrote at the same time - the answer is in my post above yours.

No.

More to this tune off.

3. Install EET.

6. Play

We wrote at the same time - the answer is in my post above yours.

Saw your post by now - still do not understand WHEN to install Xan-friendship. It's for BG1 and to keep recommended by BWS mod installation order has to be installed among mods from group (1).

Here, from "select.txt":

STD;bg1npc;7;13;1111; (group 1 in OP)

MUC;BG1NPCMusic;Init;07;1111;

MUC;BG1NPCMusic;0;07;1111;

MUC;BG1NPCMusic;1;07;0000;

MUC;BG1NPCMusic;2;07;0000;

MUC;BG1NPCMusic;3;07;0000;

MUC;BG1NPCMusic;4;07;0000;

MUC;BG1NPCMusic;5;07;0000;

STD;IndiNPC;0;05;0111;

STD;Mur'Neth;0;05;0111;

ANN;Needs heavy patching for BG1EE/EET

ANN;STD;MulgoreXaviaNPC;0;05;0111;

STD;XanBG1Friend;0;07;1111; (group 2 in OP)

STD;coranbgfriend;0;07;1111; (group 1 in OP)

ANN;AjantisBG1 after bg1npc

Edited by Mirandel

Saw your post by now - still do not understand WHEN to install Xan-friendship. It's for BG1 and to keep recommended by BWS mod installation order has to be installed among mods from group (1).

Here, from "select.txt":

STD;bg1npc;7;13;1111; (group 1 in OP)

MUC;BG1NPCMusic;Init;07;1111;

MUC;BG1NPCMusic;0;07;1111;

MUC;BG1NPCMusic;1;07;0000;

MUC;BG1NPCMusic;2;07;0000;

MUC;BG1NPCMusic;3;07;0000;

MUC;BG1NPCMusic;4;07;0000;

MUC;BG1NPCMusic;5;07;0000;

STD;IndiNPC;0;05;0111;

STD;Mur'Neth;0;05;0111;

ANN;Needs heavy patching for BG1EE/EET

ANN;STD;MulgoreXaviaNPC;0;05;0111;

STD;XanBG1Friend;0;07;1111; (group 2 in OP)

STD;coranbgfriend;0;07;1111; (group 1 in OP)

ANN;AjantisBG1 after bg1npc

The mod has been upgraded to EET compatibility just recently - BWS and EET have not captured this specific feature yet. Truth is, it does not matter very much for BWS - if installed in BGEE part the conversion will be done by EET still - if installed in BG2EE it is already converted. For manual install I would recommend to put it in BG2EE with all the other NPCs.

Edited by Roxanne

I know, I sound very stupid (and believe me - feel even more stupid), but you twice underlined Consider a sensible install order!!!!

The only way to determine that Order that I know of is from "select.txt" in BWS. And from a look of it, the order of installing different NPC mods has to be very precise.

Yet, you are saying now, it's not important when (between which BG2EE NPC) to install Xan-frienship, even though for BG1EE part it would come after all other mods?

Edited by Mirandel

The mod has been upgraded to EET compatibility just recently - BWS and EET have not captured this specific feature yet. Truth is, it does not matter very much for BWS - if installed in BGEE part the conversion will be done by EET still - if installed in BG2EE it is already converted. For manual install I would recommend to put it in BG2EE with all the other NPCs.

And the only reason for this is that it's likely going to be the more up to date and thus cleaner feature in the mod.

I know, I sound very stupid (and believe me - feel even more stupid), but you twice underlined Consider a sensible install order!!!!

The only way of determine that Order that I know is from "select.txt" in BWS. And from a look of it, the order of installing different NPC mods has to be very precise.

Yet, you are saying now, it's not important when (between which BG2EE NPC) to install Xan-frienship, even though for BG1EE part it would come after all other mods?

I agree that it is not easy to understand. We try to use very simple and easy to follow instructions instead of explaining every single detail for every single mod.

Xan friendship in its current updated version is just perfect because the author has removed all barriers for installation + it has no dependencies with other mods + no conflict with anything in the game. It is compatible with old BG1, BGT, BGEE and EET. That is why in this exceptional case it could just go anywhere in the sequence (prior EET_End), This is not the case for many other mods.

Hm, maybe the mods that can be installed to BGEE before the conversion should have stayed in the first list (although I am happy if people use the direct EEt versions, of course).

K4thos: The list of mods with direct EET version goes alphabetically up to "S" and then kind of starts at "M" with Might & Guile again, is this on purpose?

Great! :) Hope I will not run into something that is not so simple then.

Btw, is it possible to add your great instruction for manual installation into first post? Might prevent some unnecessary questions.

Hm, maybe the mods that can be installed to BGEE before the conversion should have stayed in the first list (although I am happy if people use the direct EEt versions, of course).

K4thos: The list of mods with direct EET version goes alphabetically up to "S" and then kind of starts at "M" with Might & Guile again, is this on purpose?

I will try to match BWS now to those lists by moving updated mods into the BG2EE part (thus also making EET conversion easier/faster):

STD;WandCase;0;10;0111;

ANN;----BGEE compatible NPCs ---

STD;XanBG1Friend;0;07;1111;

ANN;--- BG2EE NPCs ---

SUB;ajantisbg2;0;05;1111;

I cannot find an overview of which mods have been moved, though. Someone still recalls?

- Xan Friendship

- Gavin BG1 NPC

However, since the Isra mod adding crossmod with Gavin + Valerie can only be installed afterwards AND Isra is in Section 1 still...he needs to remain there in BWS.

Edited by Roxanne

However, since the Valerie mod component adding crossmod with Gavin can only be installed afterwards AND Valerie is in Section 1 still...he needs to remain there in BWS.

You do know that the BWS can install mod components in different install spots ! The different components are not tied to be in the same slot, but can be installed in multiple places and orders and what not. Edited by Jarno Mikkola
You do know that the BWS can install mod components in different install spots ! The different components are not tied to be in the same slot, but can be installed in multiple places and orders and what not.

This is not the point here.

Crossmod content, i-e dialogue is appended to BG1 dialogue files BEFORE they are converted by EET and merged with BG2 dialogue files. If we now try to append with the non-converted BG1 dialogue of the one mod to the meanwhile converted dialogue of the other mod, we produce error. We append to a still existing dialogue that is no longer used by the one partner of the banter which in EE leads to CtD.