Shapeshifter Rebalance in BG:EE/BG:EE Bugs (merged)

Tigrath

I followed the steps at http://forum.baldurs...to-work-on-bgee to modify my BG:EE installation to where the tweak pack installer performs its duties correctly, and installed only the Shapeshifter Rebalance. It does create the new symbolic paw which does appear to function correctly when I equip it, until it randomly disappears. First time it did this, it was after a couple hobgoblin fights wandering around the Friendly Arm. Rested, re-used the ability and re-equipped the paw, and it was probably around a minute before it happened again - no combat or inventory reorganization after that, just moving the party around the map.

Tried modifying the wwwere.itm in override using Near Infinity, changed the Melee ability to have the item remain instead of disappearing after charges spent. It seemed to take longer before the item disappeared again once I reloaded and re-cast with that change in place, but that may have just been luck. It did still disappear after a little while of running around the upstairs of the Inn.

Installed Tweak Pack 10 on my BGEE install. The client was as follows:

Phenom II 945 x4

4GB DDR3 RAM

Radeon 5750 1GB w/ Catalyst 12.8 drivers

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

The host was as follows:

Intel Core i7 mobile

4GB DDR RAM

Radeon 4650 Mobile 1GB

Windows Vista 64bit

My install list was as follows:

Lang: Eng

Display Readme: Whatever

Display Components: Yes to each

Remove helmet animations: I

Viconia skin colour: N

Weapon animation tweaks: I

IWD casting graphics: N

Disable Portrait Icons: N

Commoners Drab: I

Icon Improvement: N

Force Dialog Pause: N

Fix Boo's Squeak: N

More Interjections: I

Cloakwood before bandit camp: 1

Improved Mplayer Kick: N

Add BagOH: I

Exotic Item Pack: I

Reveal City Maps When Entering: I

Stores Sell Higher Stacks: I

Gems and Potions require ID: I

Shapeshifter Rebalance: N

Walking Speeds: N

Two-Handed Bastard: I

Two-Handed Katanas: I

Universal Clubs: I

Styles For All: I

Remove EXP Cap: 1

Allow Thieving Etc. In Heavy Armour (Pen and Paper Rules): I

Arcane in Heavy Armour (Pen and Paper Rules): I

Expanded Dual-Class Options: I

Multiple Protection Items: 2

Weapon Proficiencies: N

Cast Spells From Scroll at Character Level: I

Shopkeeper Identification Ability: 3

Multi-Classing GM: I

True GM: I

Un-Nerfed Thac0: I

Un-Nerfed Sorcerer: I

Alter Mage Progression: 1

Alter Bard Table: 1

Alter Cleric Table: 1

Alter Druid Table: 1

Save Penalties For Spells By High Level Casters: N

Trap Cap Removal: N

Delay for Magic Traps: N

Higher XP on level up: 2

NPC HP: 3

Identify All Items: N

Easy Spell Learning: 2

Bags of Holding Botomless: I

Remove Fatigue from Restoration: I

Remove YMGYPBVF sound: N

Change Reputation Effects: 1

Unlimited Ammo stacking: N

Unlimited Gem Stacking: I

Unlimited Potion Stacking: N

Unlimited Scroll Stacking: I

Happy NPC patch: 2

NPCs don't fight: N

Neutral Characters Happy at Mid-Range: I

No Traps or Locks: N

Rest Anywhere: N

Sellable Items: I

Minimum Stats Cheat: N

Adjust Evil reaction Rolls: N

TOB NPCs: I

Edwin Values: 2

Jaheira Values: 2

Jaheira NG: I

Minsc Values: 2

Viconia Values: 2

Khalid F/M: N

Montaron Assassin: I

Kaigan 19: I

There were no errors and installation went fine. The game loaded, hosting worked well.

The first issue to emerge was the swords - trying to switch a Bastard Sword to two-handed.

First - there was no ability icon, just a black square under the item effects.

Second - The two-hander it created disappeared after about a minute never to return.

The second issue came not long after - characters started randomly engaging in attack animations and there were random periods where we couldn't save the game for no specified reason.

The attack animations afflicted both PCs and NPCs and seemingly had no trigger or impact on the actual game. They also occured during cutscenes. Oddly the host machine reports not witnessing this issue when it happened on the client.

Finally the client timed out on the Host without dropping the game or informing the client. The client could keep playing even though they'd disappeared from the host's game and everything was inert. (Creatures not attacking etc.)

That's it thus far.

I'm merging these threads just because there seems to be some overlap here. In particular:

It does create the new symbolic paw which does appear to function correctly when I equip it, until it randomly disappears. First time it did this, it was after a couple hobgoblin fights wandering around the Friendly Arm. Rested, re-used the ability and re-equipped the paw, and it was probably around a minute before it happened again - no combat or inventory reorganization after that, just moving the party around the map.

Second - The two-hander it created disappeared after about a minute never to return.

The mechanism that creates both the paw and the 2H bastard sword is identical, which makes me suspect the BGEE engine itself. I'll investigate, but I suspect if these two are having issues then PnP Protection items and 2H katanas will as well.

The first issue to emerge was the swords - trying to switch a Bastard Sword to two-handed.

First - there was no ability icon, just a black square under the item effects.

The second issue came not long after - characters started randomly engaging in attack animations and there were random periods where we couldn't save the game for no specified reason.

The attack animations afflicted both PCs and NPCs and seemingly had no trigger or impact on the actual game. They also occured during cutscenes. Oddly the host machine reports not witnessing this issue when it happened on the client.

Finally the client timed out on the Host without dropping the game or informing the client. The client could keep playing even though they'd disappeared from the host's game and everything was inert. (Creatures not attacking etc.)

That's it thus far.

I'll check on the animations as well.

Thanks both for the bug reports.

Archived