[deprecated]aranw_aware: Content and .tp2 setup

cmorgan

We will insert the GitHub link once it is up right <<here>>, but for now, let's take inventory and start setting up for the documentation.

Material written and integrated so far (except for the Gavin crossmod stuff that Berelinde and I are still tinkering with):

Divine Remix

aranw_aware will open pathways that recognize if your PC is using one of the Cleric Kits from Divine Remix.

Kits Recognized:

• Heartwarder of Sune
  • Feywarden of Correlon
  • Strifeleader of Cyric
  • Painbearer of Ilmater
  • Lorekeeper of Oghma
  • Firewalker of Kossuth
  • Silverstar of Selune
  • Holy Strategist of the Red Knight
  • Nightcloak of Shar
  • Battleguard of Tempus
  • Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim

NPC Mod Banters

aranw_aware will add banters between Aran and the NPC in question if both Aran Whitehand and the other NPC mod are installed before running aranw_aware.

NPC Mods Recognized:

• Laufey's Edwin Romance (one interjection in a conflict between Edwin and Anomen)
    "unauthorized"
  • Angelo (two banters in SoA, two in ToB)
    "authorized", by Sister Vigilante and cmorgan; sound clips by Sister Vigilante
  • Kivan (two banters in SoA) - "authorized" and "unauthorized"
    one by Domi and cmorgan, another by cmorgan (and hopefully she will ok it when she has the chance).
  • Saerileth (three banters and one comment in SoA)
    "unauthorized", by cmorgan - if they stink, blame me and not Netharin/Sillara
  • Tashia Remix, by Michael "Arian" Lyashenko, Bri, and Lord Ernie (two banters in SoA, two in ToB)
    "unauthorized", by cmorgan - if they stink, blame me and not Bri, Lord Ernie, or the original author, Michael "Arian" Lyashenko
  • Tsujatha NPC MOD For Baldur’s Gate 2 (TOB Required) by Sillara of the Tamari (two banters in SoA)
    "unauthorized", by cmorgan - if they stink, blame me and not Sillara
  • Solaufein Romance Mod Pack, by Westley Weimer (two banters in SoA)
    "unauthorized", by cmorgan - if they stink, blame me and not Westley Weimer

Rather than filling the forum up with code, I will link the materials to github, so folks can see the .tp2 materials that way.

...aaaaand this component is deprecated. The banter materials have gotten permissions from either authors, maintainers, and in some cases new authors and maintainers over the years, and the non-banter "see Devine Remix" will need to be done a different way. The kit differences between BG2 and BG2:EE alone make it hard to maintain - so I will need to find another way of doing this.

The classic way would be to simply to filter for class/alignment combinations, and have PC declare what they are, toggling the variable. This is what several mods do to make sure variables going from BG -> BG2 -> ToB are set correctly.

The gain of freedom to write non-permissioned banters is offset by the joy of having all these new characters in BG2:EE and BG:SoDR.

Archived