Is this supposed to happen?

Liliana93

I'm fighting against the final bosses and for some reason during the battle, characters begin to disappear completely, including the portraits, they didn't die or anything, just dissappeared completely right in the middle of battle.

Thanks in advance

Oh I also forgot to mention that I have the game patch 2.01

Also on an unrelated note, what program can you use to view dialogue strings (scripts, etc) for the different characters (I'm curious to see the different conversations of the characters as well such as diriel, epilogues, etc)

Sounds like one of these "dissolve" spells an enemy casted? I don't know what there is in IWDII, but I am sure there is powerful spells that lets NPC vanish as a result. Can you see the spell names of what the enemy were casting?

To view the dialogues, Notepad is enough: just open folders iwd2npc/d, iwd2npc/d2, iwd2npc/d3 and read the .d files via Notepad. If you have Total Commander, pressing F3(View/Lister) is enough.

I know they use blasphemy, disease, common ailment ones that weaken, paralyze characters, etc, but nothing like dissolve, at least none that I know of at least... they also have dominate, but i've never completely lost a character when that happened. This is the first time I've played this game through (found out about the forgotten realms this year)

Thank you very much! I was wondering were they were, so thank you Kulyok!

Archived