Photo

Bug Reports: IR v4 Beta

140 replies to this topic

#136 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6831 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:37 AM

(e): Again, I'm a dummy.

No. You try(let's assume at least) your best with the given memory you have access, and the above subject has multiple matters I won't go into cause I don't have ethernity to hash them out right now... nor try to make actual whole sentences. :devlook: ... but keep trying.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#137 Sharsek

Sharsek
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:19 AM

(e): Again, I'm a dummy. Feel free to ignore. Unsure why that subcomponent didn't work fully without the main component - perhaps it had trouble updating the descriptions without IR's main component installed, but its abilities are actually correct?

You are right: I just tried installing the main component first and now all the shields are updated correctly.

I'm sorry, but in the readme the main component is not specified as required, and since the Medium and Large shields were updated even without the main component anyway, I thought it was a bug.
Thank you very much!

#138 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Gibberling Poobah
  • 2543 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:27 AM

The main component should not be required to install the revised shield component, so thank you for the bug report.

#139 Lianos

Lianos
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:16 AM

Notices from my BGEE walkthrough (IR, SR and SCS installed):

- The quest where you got poisened by Marek in the city is not solvable with the potion provided by IR (due to changes in EE patch 2.5, problem and solution documented here: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=29585)

- The "Shield of Falling Stars" has a mini-bam which looks silly for a towershield.

- If you pick up Safana, she has profiency in Scimitar, but wields an Ninja-to (inconsistent due to the weapon changes introduced by IR).

- The werewolf in Ulgoth's Beard (Loup garou/Mendas/Selaad Gan) can only be hit with weapons with the "Cold Iron" property. I found no weapon with this property (I tried Varscona, Baldurans Sword, Werebane and Flame Tongue). At least Werebane and Baldurans Sword should be able to hit this beast. Currently only magic works.

#140 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2708 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:49 PM

Notices from my BGEE walkthrough (IR, SR and SCS installed):

- The quest where you got poisened by Marek in the city is not solvable with the potion provided by IR (due to changes in EE patch 2.5, problem and solution documented here: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=29585)

- The "Shield of Falling Stars" has a mini-bam which looks silly for a towershield.

- If you pick up Safana, she has profiency in Scimitar, but wields an Ninja-to (inconsistent due to the weapon changes introduced by IR).

- The werewolf in Ulgoth's Beard (Loup garou/Mendas/Selaad Gan) can only be hit with weapons with the "Cold Iron" property. I found no weapon with this property (I tried Varscona, Baldurans Sword, Werebane and Flame Tongue). At least Werebane and Baldurans Sword should be able to hit this beast. Currently only magic works.

MArek quest will (I guess) be fixed in EET. 

Per shields- a few of them look silly, I agree. Will fix.

Safana - no promises, I've never tweaked NPCs.

Cold Iron - this is as old as IRv3 I think. Will fix.  Iirc, Flame Tongue, Balduran bastard sword, Balduran dagger and, Albruin and +3 Bastard vs Shapeshifters had this.

I'm gonna set it for Balduran items and Flame Tongue, it doesn't fit to Albruin nor LAwgiver in IR.

You were supposed to defeat the EE, not join them

#141 Lianos

Lianos
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 12:16 PM

For clarification: EET was not installed. The bug was caused by IR.

But the fix from the linked thread worked for me nevertheless.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users