BG1: Problems and bug reports

berelinde

Thanks for looking into this, Roxanne. I really appreciate the time and effort you took on my behalf.

One last question: Where did you find that script thing? I'm a techie of no small talent (actually it is a tiny talent, but hey, better than nothing!) and if I'd known about that script I could have figured this out myself.

For that matter if I can learn how to write the script I might be able to come up with my own mods....muhahahaha!

Thanks for looking into this, Roxanne. I really appreciate the time and effort you took on my behalf.

One last question: Where did you find that script thing? I'm a techie of no small talent (actually it is a tiny talent, but hey, better than nothing!) and if I'd known about that script I could have figured this out myself.

For that matter if I can learn how to write the script I might be able to come up with my own mods....muhahahaha!

Look for a tool called Near Infinity. It opens and makes readable all the game resources. https://github.com/Argent77/NearInfinity

Scripts are BCS-files in these games. To find the script associated with an NPC, you look up in that NPC's cre-file.

Just download Near Infinity and take a look at it. Almost everything is self-explanatory. (http://www.shsforums.net/topic/45358-nearinfinity/)

And Argent77 is around here to help with any questions.

thanks for that update. Glad to hear I made a difference.

Just making sure: I've done Bassilius, Mutamin and Valeria. Is that it for the Gavin quests? Some of the unintentional spoilers I came across hinted at a quest involving Lanie but that hasn't happened yet and it has been more than five days.

Also my char started off as a True Neutral but I read that Gavin wouldn't romance a Neutral character. So I changed my char to Neutral Good. Is that enough to get Gavin to romance my char? Or Is there something else that needs to be modified? Or is it too late?

Thanks!

thanks for that update. Glad to hear I made a difference.

Just making sure: I've done Bassilius, Mutamin and Valeria. Is that it for the Gavin quests? Some of the unintentional spoilers I came across hinted at a quest involving Lanie but that hasn't happened yet and it has been more than five days.

Also my char started off as a True Neutral but I read that Gavin wouldn't romance a Neutral character. So I changed my char to Neutral Good. Is that enough to get Gavin to romance my char? Or Is there something else that needs to be modified? Or is it too late?

Thanks!

You need to

SetGlobal("B!GavinRomanceMatch","GLOBAL",1)

this is checked when he joins and does not automatically change afterwards.

The Lanie contents only happens when you romance Gavin, if I remember well.

There is a small conflict between Gavin and the Stone of Askavar quest mod, in that both use the same house in Beregost for different events, Gavin for the third of Kelddath's quests, and Askavar for one of the five elven rings.  Since the Gavin mod locks this house, the Askavar quest cannot be completed unless the key from the Gavin mod is found.  It also leads to a strange situation with an innocent girl amidst a group of thugs.

Guest Kelly

Sorry fir my bad English. It is not my native language.

Ok,so... Maybe it's a stupid question,but i really need answer. I came to Beregost and there was a man,who told us that Gavin has to go to the Temple and talk to Keddat(sorry, don't know how to spell his name in English). Well,i said "sure no prob,we'll go there immediately!". When we came there and i tried to speak with a man, he simply just said "Oh here you are lets talk about your mission" AND THAT'S IT! No more words,i've got only two options in dialog :1) what help i can get here? 2)I don't need any help right now.

So yeah....am i missing something ir it's a bug or what?

Guest Errorgorm

I'm having an issue (I think) with the third quest.  I got the tip from Penny about Valeria's house and entered the house using the key I found.  Inside are four characters who tell me I need to speak to the butler - who is nowhere to be found in the house. Nobody is upstairs.  Am I missing something here?

I am playing with EET, SCS, cdtweaks, bg1npc, and DSotSC.

From my Bug / ToDo list:

change this:

+ ~OR(3) Race(Player1,HALFLING) Race(Player1,GNOME) Race(Player1,DWARF)~ + @407 + BGavinBath3Aa.1
+ ~OR(4) Race(Player1,HALFORC) Race(Player1,HUMAN) Race(Player1,ELF) Race(Player1,HALF_ELF)~ + @407 + BGavinBath3Aa.2

into:

+ ~!Race(Player1,HALFLING) !Race(Player1,GNOME) !Race(Player1,DWARF)~ + @407 + BGavinBath3Aa.2

so there is no NVLOR error for other NPC races.
-Change READLN to optional components (subcomponents) for better PI compatibility

-In Beregost tavern, after ambush: "Did we weather it alright?" HC could reply: "NPCX could use some healing" -> NPC was dead!