Sharpshooter kit won't install

Quester

Hmm, are you per chance trying to install Song and Silence after Rogue Rebalancing? If so, don't. It's supposed to be the other way around i.e. S&S first, RR last.

As for the error, S&S is trying to WRITE_BYTE to several locations without checking the file's contents first. This is not good as S&S assumes the default structure of that file and RR, for example, changes it. Here's the problematic code:

COPY_EXISTING ~spcl423.spl~ ~override/a!ss01.spl~
 WRITE_BYTE 0xac 0
 WRITE_BYTE 0xdc 0
 WRITE_BYTE 0x22c 0

At a guess, Andyr's intentions were to set the probability for applying melee poison effects to zero. If so, the proper code would be:

COPY_EXISTING ~spcl423.spl~ ~override/a!ss01.spl~
 READ_LONG  0x64 "abil_off" ELSE 0
 READ_SHORT 0x68 "abil_num" ELSE 0
 READ_LONG  0x6a "fx_off" ELSE 0
 FOR (index = 0; index < abil_num; index = index + 1) BEGIN
READ_SHORT ("%abil_off%" + 0x1e + (0x28 * "%index%")) "abil_fx_num"
READ_SHORT ("%abil_off%" + 0x20 + (0x28 * "%index%")) "abil_fx_idx"
FOR (index2 = 0; index2 < abil_fx_num; index2 = index2 + 1) BEGIN
  READ_SHORT ("%fx_off%" +		(("%abil_fx_idx%" + "%index2%") * 0x30)) "opcode"
  PATCH_IF ("%opcode%" = "248") BEGIN  // opcode #248 (Set Melee Effect)
	WRITE_BYTE ("%fx_off%" + 0x12 + (0x30 * ("%index2%" + "%abil_fx_idx%"))) "0" // probability1: 0
  END
END
 END

I'm installing per the BWP. That is, first the main Song and Silence component and the store, then RR, then after the regular install is completed, I install kits.

Thank you for the code, but I'm afraid I'm a little too stupid for that to help me. :)

I don't think Andyr is around anymore? Perhaps someone who feels like it could supply a hotfix to put in the override?

Not that this is a big deal or anything, I can probably do without that particular kit. :)

Archived