Photo

2H Axe location documentation - Where?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jenavee

Jenavee
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

Why is it that neither Google nor any documentation / forum posts I could find have a spoiler list of these? At the very least the Readme could have said they're in the default locations for their 1H counterparts (assuming that's what these 2H axes are based on), if that's even true (I haven't been able to check yet). And if not, there really needs to be some way to track the damnable things down or spending proficiency points on Axes is useless.

Wrote all that while tired, sorry. Let me try again with less REEEEE.

Where can I find the 2H axes? Are they just the original 1H axes made 2H and found in the same spots? Are they new and added to various non-standard locations? Can someone update the Readme to at least give a hint as to how to find them if it's the latter?

Edited by Jenavee, 30 December 2017 - 09:38 PM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6554 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:44 PM

Take a one handed-axe, and put a second hand on it... in game use the "talk" to the item button, or any special ability'es you gain from equipping the weapon and use that... and it will make the weapon 2 handed. Aka you don't need to find a similar weapon as it is the original. This is exactly alike the two handed Bastard swords component in one of the other mods... 

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 30 December 2017 - 11:45 PM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#3 Jenavee

Jenavee
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:31 AM

Oh wonderful, thanks Imp <3 For whatever reason, I was thinking it added new items, not changed existing ones.

Edited by Jenavee, 31 December 2017 - 06:32 AM.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6554 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:07 AM

Uuuh, sorry, I... apparently this is not the same like mod that I was thinking. So apparently it actually doesn't do as I believed that it would, but just places two handed +x axes to stores that have the one handed kinds, and a few other places, Watchers Keep with a golem guarding stuff, garclax at the bandit camp in BGT, one to Olaf in the Temple District, to one of Gromnir's bodyguards and one(+3) to a TOB store that doesn't sell 1 handed axe.

Sorry about that mistake...

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#5 CamDawg

CamDawg

Just a simple country Hyper-Chicken

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9434 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:04 PM

Hi Jenavee! Imp was actually describing the changes from the Two-Handed Axe component from Tweaks Anthology, which lets you wield any existing one-handed axe as a two-hander instead.

The component adds two-handed axes of up to +5 enchantment; I'll put specifics in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users