Bishop's Wall Scene in OC

Guest Melli

Alright, I was playing the romance completely fine throughout the entire game when... the wall scene with Bishop, after you refuse Casavir? Yeahh... it just. doesn't. happen. My influence is higher w/Bishop, I tried refusing Casavir in different ways, and it won't fire! I don't have any idea what's going on and I'm afraid if I can't do this scene(which I highly anticipated anyways) I won't get the right ending(which always FAILS as well *eye twitch*) Anyone know what's going on?

Do you know how to locate your game file that contains the variables? If yes, try to see if P#BishopRomanceInactive does not exist (ie it is not set to 1). If you do not know how to check variables, please, let me know, I will explain in more details once I get home ???

Err- I don't know if this makes a difference either, but I had it installed in My Documents((just now installed it in program files)), but like I said, it worked fine... until the wall scene...

And if my reply before didn't make sense, it's because I had just woken up... but basically, yeah, I do need help ^^

That's relatively simple.

Find in your MY DOCUMENTS folder NWN2 folder, then locate a subfolder called "Saves". Your path will look something like this:

My Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2\Saves

Open the save that you use to go to the Walls.

Open that subfolder.

Locate a file called globals.xml

Open globals.xml in any text editor software you are using (Word, for example). Use "open with" function, otherwise it opens up in the Internet Explorer.

Use search function on the text editor to find P#BishopRomanceInactive

If it's there, and it's set to 1, reset it to 0, and save the file. Make sure it's still xml format. Open the saved game and continue on playing.

If the variable does not exist, I will have to have a saved game to troubleshoot. I'll let you know how to make a compact save for me if that's the case, but let's hope it's just the variable. ???

Okay, what you need to do then, is to save your "save" folder in some safe place. From that duplicate folder, delete all the huge saved module files appart from the latest one in which you are right now (they have the extension of "z" I believe). Then zip or rar the folder and send it to melirinda at yahoo dot ca. I'll try to figure out why the scene is not triggering for you.

Guest Jeanne

Umm, hello.. i have the same problem which Melli had.. romance with bishop is all ok till wall scene.. i mean that this scene doesn't exist:( even when i reject casavir offert to talk..and i don't have the line "P#BishopRomanceInactive" in globals.xml.. only with casavir and it is set with 1 value.. i don't know what to do:(

nothing change:( unfortunately.. <tears> (the post above was mine..)

i have to have this wall scene.. i walkthrough this game second time only for ending with my favorite renger;)

No one can help me :):)? Please don't let me alone by myself ... <cry...>

I will need to take a look at your save. What you will need to do is to find your saved folder, copy the save before the wall scene (say before you go to blast the bridges), from the COPY delete a bunch of Prologue and Chapter 1 modules (They are huge files with the extension Z) to reduce the save's size, zip it or whatever and send it to me at melirinda at yahoo dot ca. Unfortunately, I can't troubleshoot without a save.

It's not an autosave, I was refering to any saved game you had prior to the wall scene. It would have the same file name as you named it when saving. It will be an entire folder.

Find in your MY DOCUMENTS folder NWN2 folder, then locate a subfolder called "Saves". Your path will look something like this:

My Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2\Saves

Before doing anything with that folder remember to save a copy of it in a safe location and that will be your save to modify for size.

Guest Guesty~

I'm having the same problem. I don't have the "P#BishopRomanceInactive" in globals.xml. and I have higher influence with Bishop than Casavir. I really want to see the wall scene, can someone help? :)

Do you have the romance pack installed, or just BR? If it's BR, installing a whole pack is highly recommended, since it was updated, while BR wasn't. Other than that, please, follow instructions above to send me the saved game if you want me to take a look at it.

Archived