Photo

Installation Error

3 replies to this topic

#1 Xanatos

Xanatos
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:37 PM

I'm new-ish to the modding scene, and with how much I've been enjoying the NPC Mod I wanted to try out Gavin, seeing as there is a dreadful shortage of Clerics (at least ones i want to use, i can only play through with viciona and branwen so many times) in BG:EE. Coincidentally, my current good party was waiting on Yeslick, who I usually don't pick up because of his not being available till later. So if I could insert Gavin into the game, it would be perfect.

My current issue is when I try to do the install on my copy of BG:EE (Win10, 64bit) everything goes correct until

Installing [Gavin: Player Initiated Dialogue] [14]

BG:EE install detected.
loading 1 tra file
Checking for required files ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Extending game scripts ...

FATAL ERROR: Sys_error(".\\lang\\en_us\\dialog.tlk: Permission denied")

But the weird part is, I'm running the install as administrator, and none of the files within my BG:EE folder have restricted access on them. Any help would be welcome, as I'm eager to make use of him. Thanks in advance

#2 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 609 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:01 PM

It's rather not the case but maybe the game itself didn't exit properly and the baldur.exe process is sitll running in the background and locks file modification?

#3 Xanatos

Xanatos
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:05 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. That is a good idea, unfortunately I'll have to wait till I get off work to test it out.

#4 Xanatos

Xanatos
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:12 PM

I forgot I had EEKeeper running in the background, closed it out and it installed and now I have Gavin alongside protagonist (Cavalier), Minsc, Kivan, Alora and Dynaheir. Looking forward to finishing this playthrough.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users