Tutu Walking Speeds

CamDawg

Did you install the mod "Full Plate and Packing Steel"? That slows down characters based on the armor they're wearing.

I'm obviously a year late, but the issue persists, so... Also the mod Item Revisions has a component for slowing down walking speed depending on armor heaviness. I found it unbearable already in Candlekeep. It wasn't a subtle difference.

I'd like to have a mod that slows every creature down proportionately. I don't want to slow myself down if attackers are sped up, and I don't want to have to slow myself down with mods in order to reach the monster norm. That's why when I was using EasyTutu I always used that component of Tutufix. It still didn't always do the trick because modded creatures could often well-exceed my speed and, like another poster said, skeletons are still strangely fast. But at least it did set in a correction. I prefer the vanilla walking speed, not only because my game often gets laggy when everyone is moving at top speeds and casting magic, but also because it tends to give me a better sense of timing as actions take place around me and as I navigate through some intense terrain. If I had Boots of Speed on, fine, but I don't like zipping everywhere without them.

This (and the fact that I'm now using BGT) is why I'd vote for work on a walking speed component that has no bugginess and applies to both BG1 and BG2. I usually like unpopular things, but still, *one vote* :thumbsup:

Is there no global speed factor that can be used to make BGT speeds the same both before and after the transition, especially since both are using the same BG2 engine? Or is it that the PC/ NPC speeds are based on a different variable than monster speeds?

If simply slowing the frame rate would solve my issues, I'd be ok with that, but if it's a matter of adjusting it every time I'm in either BG1 or BG2 areas, I want a mod to standardize and make it all consistent. Having scant modding ability, I still bang my fork and spoon handles on the table...

Archived