wishlist

Avenger

The second idea would not work for IWD/IWD2, so try the first one.

Yeah, i'm aware of the iwd2 protagonist difference.

But i've made it working :p

It will consider ALL PCs protagonist, in the dialog context it is the current talker PC.

Also, i doubt there are complex dialogues in IWD2 except Domi's work.

From what I can guess, it should pick the gender of who the character is speaking TO, yes? So if <charname> is male and the other actor is female, then <charname> should use dialogf and the other actor should use dialog.tlk ... but then... what if any of the characters refer to themselves in the third person, what happens then?

arg!

Guest raistlin
From what I can guess, it should pick the gender of who the character is speaking TO, yes? So if <charname> is male and the other actor is female, then <charname> should use dialogf and the other actor should use dialog.tlk ... but then... what if any of the characters refer to themselves in the third person, what happens then?

arg!

No,no, what matter is the gender of the main character.

Yeah, I realised that after I posted. But what about situations where the dialogue is with another party member - if they refer to you the protagonist as well as whoever they are speaking to, doesn't it break the system?

Are high-res modes supported, or is it planned to add such support? I would love to see 1280x1024 working properly in particular because 1024x768 looks crappy on my LCD display.

High res needs new *.chu files. The code shouldn't change (probably just guiscript).

The original engine simply rescaled (and sometimes faulted at it) smaller res bitmaps for the high res.

It is possible that we do this as well (except that we would do it right), but this isn't top priority.

I have unfortunately not got much skill in coding. But if you ask for suggestions, perhaps you could make a to-do list so that the people suggesting ideas know what will be implemented eventually?

In other news, gemrb now supports png portraits.

It would be nice if that would be extended to GUI backgrounds and mini-/world- maps as well. Speaking of maps, I would like to make some additions to the (long?) list of requests:

- removing the limit of area map sizes (that would mean making the minimap scrollable like the world map)

- Screenshots like these I find irritating: the characters' line of sight extends beyond the walls into the room (the room to the southwest) despite the door being closed. This is a result of not being able to block the LOS on the search map without blocking the path behind the wall. I propose a new search map region that blocks the line of sight, but allows the character to walk under that region. This is one of the main reasons why secret doors are so easy to spot using the naked eye in-game.

-Galactygon

As I noticed just now, creatures do not pursue you through an entrance that leads you to someplace else within the current area, unlike when they pursue you between different areas. Instead, they pick the shortest route and may get stuck if there are any obstacles in their way. Could it be possible to improve pathfinding this way? In that case, actions other than attacking should allow for travel between areas (such as spellcasting or formations).

-Galactygon

This is more of an observation than a request, but I notice that the CRE structure seems to have a potentially limitless inventory.

The item list itself is resizable, only the actual inventory slot list index is static.

I wonder if this can be exploited to make a bottomless inventory, without re-hashing the CRE format?

The only problem is, there also seems to be a safety feature to drop any inventory item that does not have a slot. I am unsure whether there is a specific reason for this, or whether it is just there for prudence. In which case, I see no reason for it to be.

Right now, the inventory size is semi-static.

It is defined by the file slottype.2da.

Internally, the inventory object itself is the same as the store object. But there is a flag which marks it as inventory which means static slots and special slots.

It is the special slots which make it tough to be unlimited.

Theoretically it would be possible to make the regular inventory slots extend without limits, but i don't want to mess with the inventory, it can break very easily (it did so a few times in the past).

Since none of the original games require an unlimited inventory, i would skip this request for now. After beta release I might reconsider it.

Archived