Can Del/Dur turn the PC into a werewolf - willing on his/her part?

Guest Guest

Technically, she/he could infect the Bhaalspawn (after all, there is the shapeshifter druid who has a strain of lycanthropy), but in practice, the answer would be no. Except for some extraordinary circumstances, Del/Dur will not infect someone.

There is in fact a lovetalk in which Del discusses the very subject of what circumstances in which she would infect someone. In practice, if Del goes were, then she will kill anyone who might survive her initial attack to ensure that even if infected, they won't last even until the new full moon to change.

Guest Hide and Seek
In practice, if Del goes were, then she will kill anyone who might survive her initial attack to ensure that even if infected, they won't last even until the new full moon to change.

This raises a question of mine, and I'm sorry if it already have been explained, but will Delainy be a bard that can turn into a Werewolf ala the Shapeshifter ability, or will she be a bard that turns into a Werewolf whenever there is a full moon over Amn? As in, every fifth or sixth day.. I'm aware their rules don't always apply with our own.

Will you be making the form somewhat weaker, then? Or simply restricting her to only the werewolf form? I ask this because I often play shapeshifters and, with the refinements fix installed, the greater werewolf can tank almost any monster all the way up to the end of SoA and having *that* as an unlimited ability seems to me somewhat overpowered... Conversely, the werewolf form is of limited use even at the beginning of SoA (comparable to a low-level tensors transformation) so that would be slightly better, though if she could still wear armour, etc then I feel it would still be overpowered.

Will you be making the form somewhat weaker, then? Or simply restricting her to only the werewolf form? I ask this because I often play shapeshifters and, with the refinements fix installed, the greater werewolf can tank almost any monster all the way up to the end of SoA and having *that* as an unlimited ability seems to me somewhat overpowered... Conversely, the werewolf form is of limited use even at the beginning of SoA (comparable to a low-level tensors transformation) so that would be slightly better, though if she could still wear armour, etc then I feel it would still be overpowered.

I just finished tutu with shapeshiter rebalancing. Now that was unbalanced. :)

The best solution is probably to let Del turn into a regular werewolf at the beginning of SoA, and give her the greater wolfwere ability somewhere around the end of SoA.

I just finished tutu with shapeshiter rebalancing. Now that was unbalanced. :)

The best solution is probably to let Del turn into a regular werewolf at the beginning of SoA, and give her the greater wolfwere ability somewhere around the end of SoA.

The shapeshifter rebalancing from EoU / BG2Tweaks is indeed :D powerful at TuTu levels, but the one included with Refinements is less unbalanced.

As for Delainy, I do hope spellcasting will be disabled when shapeshifted. While the argument could be made that a natural lycanthrope should / would be able to cast spells regardless of current form, it would be too tempting to just stay shapeshifted all the time if that were the case.

It's been a while, but I think we made her a greater werewolf form. And you're right, the werewolf/greater werewolf form is basically limited. Truth be known, it is more for flavor than anything (I mean, I like playing as a shapeshifter druid, and I don't use the forms all that much.)

As for Delainy, I do hope spellcasting will be disabled when shapeshifted. While the argument could be made that a natural lycanthrope should / would be able to cast spells regardless of current form, it would be too tempting to just stay shapeshifted all the time if that were the case.

No spell casting while in werewolf/wolf form. However, we do have a series of abilities called howls (culled from other sources). When all is said and done, though, they aren't as powerful as spells by any means. Also, as a bard, Del certainly doesn't have as much magical ability as a wizard/sorcerer has anyways.

And yes, a natural lycanthrope could shapeshift in wolf form (just their verbal components would be some other...language).

Guest I am no one

I really don't want to ask this question but I will. What if they git intamint wouldn't the pc character git infect, beacus as far I understand lycanthropy ask like an std.

And like I said before I really don't want to ask this question but I did please don't take afence to it.

Love

"We always look for the compex anwser instead of the simple one" me

Archived