LT music?

Riviera

I looked around, and I haven't found anything about if the music had been chosen yet..

If it has, ignore this, but if it hasn't..

I found a very nice song on my Riviera: The Promised Land soundtrack. GBA game, it's where I got my SN.. and all. But it seems to really fit Aklon. A bit of a mystical sound to it.

I put it up on YSI so it'll be around for a week, let me know what you think.

Even if one has been found, give it a listen anyway, it's a great song! :)

Riviera: The Promised Land > Elegant Melody

I like the song, it has a good feel to it and would suit Aklon as a theme. The only thing I would worry about was the source of the tune. As part of another game, the copyright on the tune would belong to the makers of The Promised Land. While I would not be distributing the music for profit, they might still get upset if they found out.

Currently, my idea for Aklon's theme is a merging of several tracks from BGII and IWD I and II (including the tracks for the Druid Grove, and Kuldahar, if you want an idea of where I'm going). This is not firmly fixed though, so if anyone would care to make other suggestions, please feel free. Of course, other copyrighted material is also a no-go, unfortunately.

I like the song, it has a good feel to it and would suit Aklon as a theme. The only thing I would worry about was the source of the tune. As part of another game, the copyright on the tune would belong to the makers of The Promised Land. While I would not be distributing the music for profit, they might still get upset if they found out.

Currently, my idea for Aklon's theme is a merging of several tracks from BGII and IWD I and II (including the tracks for the Druid Grove, and Kuldahar, if you want an idea of where I'm going). This is not firmly fixed though, so if anyone would care to make other suggestions, please feel free. Of course, other copyrighted material is also a no-go, unfortunately.

Eek. I actually never considered that. *hand-to-forehead* :(

Sorry for the late reply for this!

Guess I'll have to figure out another way to help out!

If copyright wasn't a problem, it'd be right up there. Thanks for the suggestion though. It's gratifying to know that people are looking out for Aklon. :p

*points at the crowds camped out in various places around the forum, some with tents, some without, some who decided roughing it was not their style, and so have mini-trailers* icon_xd.gif

As always.

Hey, even if all I can provide is moral support, I shall do what I can. :p

salute.gif

I couldn't afford a mini-trailer, so I'm making do with a toaster, a little mermaid bed-in-a-bag, and a cd player.

I actually usually am this strange. I have a feeling my PC's are some of the odder acting ones.

mmm something I was thinking. If you are still looking for LT music for Aklon. try going to this site.

http://www.edgen.com/

it has some GREAT music. you would have to contact the author and ask permission of course, but I am sure he may be willing. but if you can't use it. still go and listen to the music he has put up and check out the rest of the site.

but trust me, some of the music on this site is PERFECT for LT music. hope ya like!

mmm something I was thinking. If you are still looking for LT music for Aklon. try going to this site.

http://www.edgen.com/

it has some GREAT music. you would have to contact the author and ask permission of course, but I am sure he may be willing. but if you can't use it. still go and listen to the music he has put up and check out the rest of the site.

but trust me, some of the music on this site is PERFECT for LT music. hope ya like!

I have to thank you for the link as well.

Very nice music there!

(Plus, I've been kicking around the idea of my own NPC mod, and if it ever takes off, this'd be a good place to start looking for people to bug for a nice song. ) icon_whee.gif

I've listened through the work there, and I've found one or two tunes with potential (Delicate Measures, Passage and A Better Place for anyone interested), but I have not yet approached the people at Edgen.com for permission to use their music.

I want to see if I can do some melding of the files I wanted to use from BGII and IWD first (to possibly circumvent the whole issue of copyright), but Edgen.com is atop my list of alternatives if I'm crap at that (and I could well be :)).

Archived